Thread: Just Purged...

Just Purged...

... a whole bunch of guy clothes. Needed more room in my closet for dresses!

I'm not sure why I've kept some of this stuff around. I work for a living, so I never have cause to dress up in male mode. Don't care to anyhow. Keeping one suit; worn 2 or 3 times in 10 years maybe. One pair Dockers, worn... hm... can't remember if I ever have. Maybe once. Maybe I'll have to look respectable sometime. I don't go to any social functions where I can't wear a dress, so that leaves a courtroom -- so fingers crossed, knock wood, that'll be never, and that suit will gather dust til I die.

But button-down shirts, sweaters, loafers... I bought only to bow to social convention -- family functions and such -- but I always seem to leave them at home in favor of my comfort zone, jeans & hiking boots. Feh. A pox on them.

Some girl stuff I don't wear getting tossed too. Whoo spring cleaning!

I think I am about to go on a purge of my guy clothes too. I just have so much I never wear and I need more space for my femme clothes. For the last 2 months Ihave had more femme clothes in the laundry then guy clothes so I am having a hard justifying keeping more then the bare minimum.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

You scared me and I was fixing to ask you where you threw them out. I have enough male clothes. Billie Jean

Yes, the thought of my purging my male clothes has crossed my mind more than once. I will never purge my femme clothes!

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I have the same experience. Male clothing volume continues to shrink. Over the weekend, my wife and I set about digging through our clothes for donations to the tornado victims in our area. I targeted my male clothes, of course. There was no way I was going near my femme wardrobe. After gathering up our donations, I realized I now have more femme clothes than male clothes. That's exciting!!

I purged the last of my men's clothing a couple months ago, and switched to wearing mostly gender neutral women's apparel when it was absolutely necessary for me to present as completely male. Otherwise, I often wear blatantly obvious female clothing -- flared bottom jeans, tight t-shirts, blouses etc., even when in drab. Well I guess its not really drab anymore, is it?