Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want to be a woman?

i would not want to go through all the surgery, but i would love to be give the chance to live full time as a woman.

Loni

as for me i wood love to be a women a have all they have to go throw to be one i think a womens body is the most greetes thing they can carry a baby in then an give birth an feed feed a baby all a man can do is take care of them to me a women is a amasing thing not a mans no man has to go though what a women dose

That's been my wish since like day 1 lol. I don't see myself as having much masculinity in any case even when in drab. It's pretty much femme all the time lol. I've never really seen the point in me being a male anyways.
    "Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth"

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VioletJourney View Post
    No offense to the TS community, but I just don't feel that surgery and hormones could fully make me into a woman.
    No offense taken here. You are quite right, hormones and Surgery cannot make me into a woman. We take the hormones and undergo the surgery because we are women not in order to become something that we were not.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

There are times that I fell I would go through the entire SRS ordeal to be a woman, other times I would simply like to live 24/7 as a woman without the SRS, though maybe with HRT. And other times I do enjoy being male, though those are few, and getting to be fewer. I know that i am not ready yet for anything permanent, but probably someday in the future...........Stephanie

I started out thinking I wouldn't want to be a woman. But now the more I express my feminine side, the more I want to be a woman.

If I were born in different times…I remember when people dressed with care and style, not with the disgust and self deprecation as many do today. Women took pride in their hair, face, clothes and shoes and accessories. They were beautiful inside and out. Of course, there was no support for CD’s, no internet, no groups or therapists who understood. We thought we were the only ones in the world with who wanted to wear clothes of the opposite sex. Renee’ Richards was the object of our fascination with her trailblazing courage.

Yet the question remains. Being born female at birth I would have been happy. 30 years back, without commitments, and if we had today’s modern medicine, legislation and support, then yes, I probably would have transitioned.

Now I have a great life, nice career, beautiful wife, and superb family. I enjoy my girl time as Colleen, but would not trade what I have for what could have been.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Yes - I would vote for female if gender could be achieved a priori in its total essence and lifetime experience. As it is, I prefer to keep my wonderful wife - 28 years in a few days. Being Joan from 11 pm to 1:30 am most nights and on occasional work road trips is an acceptable compromise; though, alas, I feel I am passing less these days. Geez - I didn't stand a chance at The Inferno in Madison last Friday night (in town to move daughter home for summer). Clocked in a second. Joni

No,I just like wearing certain womens clothes and shoes.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Aspiring Member
    Given the choice, I'd have been born a woman but I have no desire to transition.
    I'm fine with being a guy but enjoy the thrill of getting to be a girl every now & again.
    I feel it's something I almost 'need' to do.

I say no. I look at it this way..... I have the best of both worlds, and why try to fix what ain't broke?

Absolutely!!!!! I'm constantly, jealous, of women, they get to have all the FUN!!!!! But i'm not a girl, I'm stuck being, a boy who wishes he was a girl!!!! There's not an hour that goes by that my transgender feelings, recess and allow me the opportunity to feel at ease. Always, in the back of my mind, there's a lingering presence, that never lets me go!

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaJ View Post
    Its a great question Annie and I have asked myself many times what my real desires are and I can honestly say that I really have no desire to transition or to live 24/7. I like how I feel dressed and would love to be able to present as female however I also very much like my life as a man. I really want to be able to find the right balance that would provide me the satisfaction I seek while not interferring with my family or career.
    That sums it up for me as well...

Quote Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith View Post
    I like being both. I love my Lisa time, but I love my male time also. The only changes I would make in my body would be to remove my hair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Denier View Post
    I have no desire to become a woman. Besides my physical attributes that would make passing nearly impossible, I really enjoy being a guy. I'm just having a lot of fun being a guy who, now and then, really enjoys his softer side and getting all dolled up.
    Two more quotes that describe my emotions as well. I'd like to be able to change attributes (at will) that would make me more "passable" as a woman...while still being a male crossdresser. I know that sounds weird, but for me, being a crossdresser is the thrill of it all...

Afterthoughts: I'd like to be "passable" enough that no one I know would recognize me. That would give me the courage to do all the girly stuff I'd love to do. Besides too much work goes into being a woman for my lazy self to doll up every day...
    Last edited by Dawna Ellen Bays; 05-17-2011 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Afterthoughts...

Silver Member
    No, I don't wish to be a woman fulltime. I consider myself to be pretty close to right in the middle of the gender continuum. I enjoy equally being male and those times whe ni can express my feminine side by dressing and behaving in a femme manner. Would I like more freedom to do that as I feel the desire, yes! I would love to do more of the typical femme activities bt not at the expense of being able to be masculine to the degree i can now. I feel confident that if I transitioned that I would crossdress as a FtM. Now many will say but women can do that. Not really. Can they skip all the grooming rituals and still be veiwed positively by mainstream USA? Armpit, legs...being hairy; skipping the earrings, handbag, accessories, no bra tee shirt and stained shorts; unkempt hair and nails...I think if you make the switch that all becomes necessary.
    To those who say well if i could magically be a woman for a week i would do it, please remember that fantasy is usually far from reality. Great Question?

It's always been a barely successful balancing act for me. I'm diagnosed TS, though I have chosen to not transition for a massive number of personal reasons, I DO in fact feel as though I am the wrong gender on the outside.

There's not an hour that goes by that my transgender feelings, recess and allow me the opportunity to feel at ease. Always, in the back of my mind, there's a lingering presence, that never lets me go!
    I'm much more familiar with this statement than even I like to admit.

My desire is not simply to be female; my desire is to be a beautiful one. Being a frumpy middle aged fat woman with no significant other (which basically is what I would become if I had SRS and hormone treatment at this stage of my life) would not be much different than my current life. If you had given me the choice at age 14 to become female, I would have jumped at it, as I would have been able to become more physically female (I didn't reach puberty until 17, and my sister was attractive so I imagine with proper surgery and hormone treatment, I would have been also. When dressed in her clothes in my early teens, I was rather pretty). Another part of the equation is that due to my early life's being tormented by males, I tend to find men repulsive, automatically suspect them of ulterior motives, and always think they're trying to take advantage of me in some way, so I would never have a heterosexual relationship if I had become female. So, knowing that gay women really aren't interested in MtF TSs, my life was pretty much a loss no matter which way I went.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'd have absolutley no qualms about living as a woman, all other things being equal. I think I'd function well in a female role and I find (to my eternal surprise) that I pass quite well. But I can't make it work in my current circumstances with a wife who I adore and a good job that is fulfilling and rewarding not to mention pretty well paid.To transition in my job would probably be far easier than in a lot of workplacees (I work in healthccare and work in an office) as the NHS are pretty big on that sort of thing, but still it would be more difficulty than I'd be prepared to deal with. Then there are other family members to consider. Also one of the mowt important things for me is travelling which would be all the more difficult if I was en femme.
    I feel kind of androgynous inside though my preference would be female, but I am not unhappy as a male.

If I did transition I wouldn't go for SRS as IMHO this wouldn't help me in functioning as a woman nor change other people accepting me as one. It's a big procedure which wouldn't add anything to my quality of life (again this is IMHO and I don't mean to say it's not right for TS sisters). I would consider hormones and permanent hair removal though

If things in my life were different, I would consider it. Since I have always wanted to be a woman. But with family(two grandsons and two daughters whom I adore) I would not want to rock their world. So I take whatever opportunity fate gives me to dress full time.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    My desire is not simply to be female; my desire is to be a beautiful one. Being a frumpy middle aged fat woman with no significant other (which basically is what I would become if I had SRS and hormone treatment at this stage of my life) would not be much different than my current life.
    I used to lie to myself in these terms, but for me it was only an excuse to continue my denial. I don't say that this has to apply to anyone other than me, but I know for a fact that I never truly believed myself when I said that there would be no gain in becoming a frumpy woman. I didn't really make much progress coming to terms with myself until I was able to say "I would much rather finish my days as an ugly old woman than spend one more day as the man I have never been".

Since I came to terms with myself and began the journey towards transition, everyone says how much happier and at ease I seem to be. I have even become better at my job in Customer Relations than I was before (and I was already pretty good).
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

To be a woman is the only thing I want. Ironically, it's the only thing I can never have. Sad.

I have lived as a man all my life, however underneath I always wished I was a woman. Many times that I have been away on business, it has given me the opportunity to transform myself into my secret life as Marcie. My wife does not know of my life as Marcie and would be totally devistated if she found out. Marcie has been part of my life, hidden, for over fifty years and I find that whenever the opportunity arises, I come out of the closet in private, to live the life that has been prisoner in this aging body. The happiest time of my life has been as "Marcie".

I think semantics and the limits of understanding the meanings of a word get involved here. Being a "woman" means different things to different people. I prefer to dress like a woman and act like a lady. I do this as much as I can. However, there are times when family, friends and circumstances where being my male self is expected and better for all involved.
    Hugs, Carole

Most of the time I just dream of being female, and it is all I want. But sometimes I think I am okay being male. I don't know, it changes. I's like to think I would have been happy to have born female - I wish I was alllll the time - but at the same time, if I was a female, would I have met all my wonderful friends I have today? Maybe I am okay being me. I think someday I would like to become a woman, but who knows. Everyone who knows about me has been very supportive, and all the important people would support the decision to have surgery. But if I wanted it, it is still a long road to that day. Right now I am just trying to figure out who I am.

I used to think that I would not be happy as a full time woman, but for the last ten years I'm absolutely sure that that I would be. But I'm way to old to go the whole route and my sons would never speak to me again! (and my wife would file the papers immediately) Oh well sometimes life's a real pain in the ass.

For me it's the difference between being CD and being transsexual.
    Would I want to be a woman? Yes, I have always thought that I would love to be one.
    Do I feel I am one? No, I don't, I just enjoyed expressing my feminine side this way.

I would love a chance to spend a week without changing back and forth. Maybe someday.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !