Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just can't do it

Just can't do it

My wife found my g string last summer and we talked and eventually I opened up and said I wore nylons aswell.she asked me to stop but knows i have not done so .she in a funny way tesses me by asking if i still have my female underwear.I always say I do. To day was one of those days and this time she also asked if there was anything else I was hiding she should know about. I thought long and hard as it was a chance to come clean but just could not tell the truth about pernille,she thought the pause was because I was embarraced as she thought that I may see it that she was teasing me about my female underwear .

I know the longer I go the harder it will get to tell . I really don't know what to do as I think she will be shocked but more so very angry that I lied to her , anyone else been in this situation if so any advice

She is asking you because she wants to know. At some point, the truth is the best. That day for me worked out easier that I'd ever imagined. Maybe a revelation of the truth could work out in your favor too?

There's a reason a spouse can't testify against her husband in court, tell her everything she needs to know.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Pernille, I guess the real thing you have to do is decide which you love the most! Your wife or your crossdressing!! From your opening post I would say that you love crossdressing more!! I say that because you don't want to tell her what you like to do, yet you don't know what her reaction may be!

I told my late wife that I was a CD before we married, and we had almost 50 happy years together. It is all in how much love you show the lady you are married to!! Remember, she married a man, not a woman!! You may like to wear feminine things, but you are a man!! Let her know that!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

You need to tell her sooner than later. I dropped hints to my SO for awhile, but she never accused me when I sort of wished that she had.

My wife still has a bad taste for "deceiving" her (by hiding Abigail). The sooner you tell her the better chance your marriage will survive.

She will be angry and upset at first and it may take a long time before she comes to terms with it (if at all). You will just need to be patient and let her come to around in her own time. Do not force the issue.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

I say GETERDONE! The sooner you tell her, the sooner she'll help you pick some out or kicked you out! Hugs!

Quote Originally Posted by pernille d View Post
    Today was one of those days and this time she also asked if there was anything else I was hiding she should know about. I thought long and hard as it was a chance to come clean but just could not tell the truth
    You now have a great opportunity to make things right. When things are quiet and you have time to talk you say:

"Dear, I have something that is bothering me. You asked if there was anything else I was hiding and at the time I wasn't quite prepared to talk to you about it. I think I'm ready to talk about it if you would like to hear what I have to say."

And take it from there.

Please understand that the above statement is perfectly truthful. This is really bothering you and you'd like to talk about it more if she is ready. If she has a modicum of empathy she'll understand that you're distressed and will listen to you.

Most importantly, also listen to what she has to say. She'll have questions, doubts, and strong emotions of her own and you need to listen carefully to them.

You're right about it getting harder the longer you wait. It'll eat away at you which isn't good for you or your relationship.
    Last edited by Eryn; 05-18-2011 at 11:42 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

when you gonna do it? when the divorce papers show up? When you lose the one person in your life who could be your confidant? I say hide for a few more years. Nothing says love and trust than hiding and lying.

The fact that you even posted tells me you know what you should do. Do it
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

The one thing I am certain of is that it will not get any easier. There is nothing to be gained and everything to loose. If you want to tell her, now is the best time you will ever have.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U know your wife better than ANY of us. So, I think u should do THE RITE THING! Whatever that may be!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbieJoe View Post
    There's a reason a spouse can't testify against her husband in court, tell her everything she needs to know.
    Excuse me, BobbieJoe!? It's been my experience that BOTH parties will tell anything they can think of, whether it be tru or not, in DIVORCE COURT!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

IIRC, the phrase is "can't be forced to testify against her husband." If she wants to, she can.

Of course, this may be the law according to Perry Mason. I'm not a lawyer nor have I stayed at a Holiday Inn.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hi Pernille,
    I've shared a bit at a time to my wife, rather than doing an all out "tell all", show all. Kind of like the old saying about boiling a frog one degree at a time (yuck!). So from time to time when she asks or I've asked her if she wanted to know a bit more about my crossdressing, and if she says yes, I let her know, for example, about something little and new I've done, like tried something new or different on for the first time. So I share a bit at a time, to make sure she can accept the new me at her own speed. So if your wife asks if there's something else you're hiding, she just may be signalling she's ready for more (you can tell for sure) in which case you could offer her a bit more about your crossdressing. What works is different for every couple.

Fia

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    In a few weeks we will celebrate our 28th anniversary. My wife found out about my dressing about a month ago. She found all my clothes, and it was not a good scene. Since then, she has done some reading and research, and she realizes that this is part of who I am, and that it will not go away. Things have never been better for us. She has asked for a few boundries, which I respect and understand. I'm sure these will ease over time. I now have my toenails painted, wear panties 24/7, and wear satin cami sets to bed. She washes my feminine things (bras, panties, skirts, etc.) with everything else...it sure is nice to not have to hand wash anymore! I explained to her that I am not gay (her first reaction), and I have no desire to become a woman, I just like the clothes. I don't know your wife, so it's hard for me to tell how she will react. All I can say is that my wife is very conservative, and I first thought that I would lose her over this. Now, we have never been closer.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

The longer the pot boils, the more pressure that builds. I would anylize the situation and come clean when you feel the time is right, but don't wait too long.

Previously GraceAnne
    IMO, it will be worse if you don't tell her. You haven't lied to her by omission, you have lied TO HER FACE about a direct question. If you wait any longer, you may risk the marriage. Lying by not telling is one thing, but man, she actually asked you.

Aspiring Member
    I think she knows and is giving you the chance to open up. I hope things work out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    The one thing I am certain of is that it will not get any easier. There is nothing to be gained and everything to loose. If you want to tell her, now is the best time you will ever have.
    Quote Originally Posted by erickka View Post
    The longer the pot boils, the more pressure that builds. I would anylize the situation and come clean when you feel the time is right, but don't wait too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by GraceAnne View Post
    IMO, it will be worse if you don't tell her. You haven't lied to her by omission, you have lied TO HER FACE about a direct question. If you wait any longer, you may risk the marriage. Lying by not telling is one thing, but man, she actually asked you.
    IMHO, Holly, Erika and GraceAnne offer solid advice. The longer this continues, the more difficult it will be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Aspiring Member
    You know your wife the best. I don't believe, however that telling or not telling says anything about your love for your wife or your love for your CDing. In my case, I feel that it is best to let sleeping dogs lie. You have to decide if it is best for your marriage to tell or not to tell.
    Stefia suggested telling a little at a time. I sorta like that. The next time you are in a clothes store with her, you might show an interest in some female clothing and see where the conversation goes. Or maybe suggest matching panties since she already knows about the panties. Or maybe if you see her shaving her legs, ask her how it feels and see where that goes.
    Good luck.
    SheriM

Previously GraceAnne
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriM View Post
    You know your wife the best. I don't believe, however that telling or not telling says anything about your love for your wife or your love for your CDing. In my case, I feel that it is best to let sleeping dogs lie. You have to decide if it is best for your marriage to tell or not to tell.
    Stefia suggested telling a little at a time. I sorta like that. The next time you are in a clothes store with her, you might show an interest in some female clothing and see where the conversation goes. Or maybe suggest matching panties since she already knows about the panties. Or maybe if you see her shaving her legs, ask her how it feels and see where that goes.
    Good luck.
    SheriM
    I understand where you're going with this and in a perfect world this would be easiest. But alot of women I speak to get angry when they haven't been told all up front.

For instance, (call the bob and alice) Bob tells Alice he likes to wear women's underwear. Alice thinks thats not so bad, so goes ahead with the marriage. But Bob didn't tell her about the bras, nylons, shaving, earrings, wigs, makeup, clothes, shoes, breastforms, etc. And then she realizes this is what he meant before they get married, and she isn't so accepting anymore. It was way more than he originally said, but Bob is angry because she accepted in the beginning. But, did she really? No, because she wasn't told the complete truth.

So, best bet, tell the whole truth. But you do know your wife best.

So sorry about your situation and a very serious one, if your wife is the type that you can confide her anything and don't have "loose lips" I would take her out for a very romantic dinner and then be totally honest, if you don't think that would be possible then as I've said, you have a very serious problem to solve....

Love, Ericka.
    She's back

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka2 View Post
    So sorry about your situation and a very serious one, if your wife is the type that you can confide her anything and don't have "loose lips" I would take her out for a very romantic dinner and then be totally honest, if you don't think that would be possible then as I've said, you have a very serious problem to solve....

Love, Ericka.
    OK I don't get the loose lips thing. is this insinuating that if you tell she will tell another and another and the world will end? I am sure there are other things that this wife could tell the world that would a blot worse.

You don't have to buy a billboard. You don't have to put it in the classified ads. You don't have to tell your neighbor or the paper boy. BUT you are a partner with this person. You can keep some things secret as they really don't pertain to the relationship. You don't have to tell her about how you stole an apple from the orchard when you were 12. You don't even have to tell your deepest crossdressing fantasies. Maybe you don't even need to tell about the other people you have been with (although if there is a reason like maybe possible infection or something that will pertain to your now partner...you need to be upfront). But a lie is a lie and if it affects your partner in some manner you need to come clean. A little lie exposed early has far less complications than it will years down the road. Why? because it morphs into "what else have you been hiding and is it worse?" Early on there is confusion and fear but it is small and you can work through it or get on with your lives apart. When you are together years you now have a base and equity built up. Your partner expects and deserves some stability. If you are upfront early your partner can process and learn without having the extra fear of "all these years and all this we have built, will I lose it now?" And of course we hear how so many hear won't expose themselves for the same reason. But what you have is a house of cards now. Easier to rebuild when it ks new, hard when your whole deck blows away.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Pernille,

I told my SO last week and it has been pretty tense ever since. It is still the best decision I have made inregards to my CDing. The worst thing is the lying and the secrets. My SO and I are in councelling and I strongly suggest you do the same. Be prepared for her to be very angry and hurt - she probably will be and if she is not, that would be wonderful for you. Also be prepared to answer a ton of questions and probably deal with a lot of misinformation that is out there about crossdressers. I wish you the best. Bottom line is if you love your wife, you need to tell her.

PM me if you need to.

Casey

My wife thinks I gave it up years ago. If I told her I still do it would mean the end of our marriage. I love her a lot but just can't give up being Billie.

Your wife does not sound completly averse to your crossdressing. She sound as if she is interested to me. As if she is trying to find out more without actually asking. The next time she comments , why not show her this site, as my partner did on the night he told me about himself. I was shocked,
    totally surprised yet relieved and when I read some of the posts , quite comforted.