Thread: Laser beard removal question

Laser beard removal question

Hi !!

This is my first post here. I love this forum, has raised my confidence a lot!!

I have started with laser hair removal on my body few months ago and I love the results, I'ts a discharge of joy everytime I see I'm hairless.

Now that I have more confidence with the procedure I want to remove my beard but I'm affraid people in my office notice that I'm removimg my facial hair. Its too notorious? Had anyone of u received a bad comment? I dunno why but I think I'm more affraid people notice that I'm in the middle of the procedure more than to receive comments of the result. It's like with body hair, I manage to say I epilate my body but I'ts dificult for me to say I have permanently removed my body hair.

Sorry if my english is bad, it's not my first lenguage.

Hugs,
    Dani

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Danni, what I find people notice more than anything is the reddened skin (and sometimes burns from previous sun damage). Also, about four weeks later, your hair's next growth cycle is coming in, so no one seems to notice much. Those have been my experiences, anyway.

Kathi

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Dani,

There is some redness for a couple of days after that's why I always had my sessions on Friday afternoon after work. No one noticed a thing. All it looks like is that you've had a close shave and perhaps a slightly more tidy (boyish?) look as there is little or no 5 o'clock shadow, and if you're one of the lucky ones you get no shadow at all for several days. Laser is not necessarily permanent removal, it's more a dramatic reduction ... if you want to really remove your facial permanently then electrolysis is the way to go IMO.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Silver Member
    Disclaimer: I am an electrologist.

I had laser on my beard, and there was not anything noticeable a few hours after treatment. However, one thing I found in the early stages was my beard (and the shadow underneath) was patchy. If you have a heavy beard and shadow under the skin, this might be noticeable. It probably won't freak anyone out, but it is something to be aware of.

The other thing to be aware of is that is may or may not be permanent in the long run (especially a male beard.) Mine came back in about 2 years from my last treatment. It was great for a while but in the end it all came back, and I had to go through electrolysis anyway. I'd take the money you'd spend on laser and spend it on electrolysis on an area of your face is the worst (such as the upper and lower lip, chin etc.) The downside is that with electrolysis, especially when you first start, you may be red and swollen for a few days and people will notice it; you can spread out the treatment area to help lessen the effect.