Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics! and a mini-rant

walrusboy

Pics! and a mini-rant

Rant first, I guess.

I'm a student, but every now and then, I have to work at the family business to cover when people are away, et cetera. Anyway, this woman who I'm sadly forced to work next to is possibly the most annoying person in the universe.
    She just does *not* stop talking. She smells (I'm not being petty - both mu mum and dad have saif the same - I saw her once deodorising with air-freshener, but that's beside the point at the moment.), and she just cannot keep her mouth shut. She's the sort of person who'll say "I don't want to be bad, but..." and then throws some spiel of gossip at you. And she's not the greatest worker. Anyway. She took it upon herself to point out to me a young FtM in our shop. I'd heard (from her...) that this person existed and didn't think anymore about it except to think that it really wasn't any of her business. Whenever a relative came along, she'd chat happily to them, and then turn to me and say "you know that woman I was just talking to...well, her son..."
    Today, said FtM came into the shop with his younger sister. I had no idea and wouldn't've taken a second look. I mean, i didn't know he was an FtM and it's really none of my business. She asked me to have a look and tell her what I thought. I didn't look and just said "So?" in my quiet and unassuming way. (my usual way is just to nod and smile when required and carry on working). I feel like this time, though, I should've said something more. Maybe because it's a subject closer to home than her general gossip, but Gah - I hate people like her. Sadly, we need her, else she'd be the first one sacked. I mean, gossip if you must, so long as it's behind closed doors and it's not to anyone. at all. :|

*sigh* rant over. have some pics and tell me what you think

Once again, I'm not really trying to pass as a woman, I just want to wear what I want
    Attached Images Attached Images

Amelie
    Ignore her, those frekin' people are eveywhere, if she gets the sack her replacement might be worse, just let her rant and rave, just think of it as air coming out of a balloon.

I like your style, very similar to mine(goth) I love the clothes, but unlike you I want to go all the way fem. That is your choice, you should live the way you want. I think it takes more guts to be a man in a skirt than to go full drag.
    Are you into Goth in any way?

Love Amelie

CD Lifer and a Visual Kei Shinya's Avatar

Thumbs up two for one sale

I liked pic4. walrusboy. hummm. There might be something happening here.

Amelie, I like the look of goth yes. (looking at avatar)

And hello to everyone.

Shinya

walrusboy

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    Ignore her, those frekin' people are eveywhere, if she gets the sack her replacement might be worse, just let her rant and rave, just think of it as air coming out of a balloon.

I like your style, very similar to mine(goth) I love the clothes, but unlike you I want to go all the way fem. That is your choice, you should live the way you want. I think it takes more guts to be a man in a skirt than to go full drag.
    Are you into Goth in any way?

Love Amelie
    I used to be into goth, and i suppose I have the mentality, but I think I just adored it more for the clothes! both sadly and annoyingly, I have a lot of bodyhair, so being both masculine and feminine whenever I choose is tricky! also, living at home with parents who don't know is an issue. I'm in the mood to shave my legs again soon, but I always have the fear of being "found out" by them - ah, well - I'm happy as I am I guess - it's taken a while for me to accept it, but I am who I am. I have a paranoid streak, though, which prevents me from being who I want all the time, but one day...
    *hugs*

walrusboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinya
    I liked pic4. walrusboy. hummm. There might be something happening here.

Shinya

Thanks! What do you think may be happening? lol

Amelie

Hi!

Hi! Shinya, Welcome

It looks like a dark awakening.

The begining of the end

Love Amelie

Thumbs up

The dark is moving into the light. I have noticed the goth look and styles plus the gender blurring are coming back big.

I have always been a dark person and a CD. But never made a connection to goth styles until I found japanese visual-kei. If you google these band names you will see what I'm talking about Dir en Grey , Kagerou , Malice Mizer , Kagrra and Rouage. Great music and the gender lines are blown apart over there. Then over here Muderdolls are maken a move.

Thats what I'm saying if you thought other wise

Amelie
    Will look them up, Thanks

I'm sort of old style goth- Specimen, Alien-Sex-Fiend, Siouxsie

Amelie

I see we are all in here right now

walrusboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinya
    The dark is moving into the light. I have noticed the goth look and styles plus the gender blurring are coming back big.

I have always been a dark person and a CD. But never made a connection to goth styles until I found japanese visual-kei. If you google these band names you will see what I'm talking about Dir en Grey , Kagerou , Malice Mizer , Kagrra and Rouage. Great music and the gender lines are blown apart over there. Then over here Muderdolls are maken a move.

Thats what I'm saying if you thought other wise

one can never tell! I know a friend who *loves* Malice Mizer the look is incredible! It's a shame that so many people are afraid to be who they are, and that we live in an environment that almost demands conformity. It's changing, slowly, but it is changing, I think

I really do think it is too. Oh yeah , I received a picture of Kyo of Dir en Grey sitting with Murderdolls. So I think there is going to be something big going on in the future. I just hope something takes off there. Would be sweet....

Shinya

By the way, whats my problem I can't seem to get pictures on the post?
    Last edited by Shinya; 08-26-2004 at 11:26 AM. Reason: add line

Amelie
    Just listened to a sample of Dir en Grey, very good, japanese band, i like that.
    Amelie

I turned into a big Jrocker in the past two years. I have almost everything Dir en grey put out on video now. And , the comp is stuffed with jrock goodness (80gigs). Thank you WinMX lol...

I should shut my trap, this is like a tread hijacking. Sorry about that walrusboy....

Shinya
    Last edited by Shinya; 08-26-2004 at 11:33 AM. Reason: add line

Amelie

Thanks

Also seen photos of Malice Mizer, I think they look so cool. I couldn't hear them yet, I'm not so good with computer. I sometimes think the Japanese can show us something, They have a different lifestyle than us, not as many hang-ups. Thanks for the info Shinya, I have been in the "Goth Closet" for a while so I'm a little rusty.

Love Amelie

PS I also apologize to Walrusboy, I just felt crazy, and lost myself for a moment, Sorry Walrusboy
    Last edited by Amelie; 08-26-2004 at 11:36 AM.

walrusboy
    no worries!
    bit of an ego-boostl to have a thread with so many replies!!

Amelie
    Quote Originally Posted by walrusboy
    I used to be into goth, and i suppose I have the mentality, but I think I just adored it more for the clothes! both sadly and annoyingly, I have a lot of bodyhair, so being both masculine and feminine whenever I choose is tricky! also, living at home with parents who don't know is an issue. I'm in the mood to shave my legs again soon, but I always have the fear of being "found out" by them - ah, well - I'm happy as I am I guess - it's taken a while for me to accept it, but I am who I am. I have a paranoid streak, though, which prevents me from being who I want all the time, but one day...
    *hugs*

Just be whatever you want, there are no rules, just as long as your happy,
    I sometimes get paranoid, you're not alone.

Love Amelie

Talking Swimming anyone

Just say you jioned a swim team or something like that , that do full body shave for speed

Of course never the hair on your head, put that under a swimmers cap

Or you can always tell them it was one of those drunken dares that your friends set you up on. ;p
    -- Faye

walrusboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl.Faye
    Or you can always tell them it was one of those drunken dares that your friends set you up on. ;p
    I think for that to work, they'd have to believe that I was handy with a razor while legless! (no pun intended :S)

Just tell them a girl did it for you ;p Hehe, ok that's getting a bit too far.
    -- Faye

walrusboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl.Faye
    Just tell them a girl did it for you

ah, if only!

Amelie
    Not to sound funny, but I hung out with some bike messingers, and they shaved their legs. The theory was if they fell off they're bikes the hair would tear the skin more, so they shaved they're legs. I don't know if you bike ride, but it's worth a try.

Love Amelie

walrusboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    Not to sound funny, but I hung out with some bike messingers, and they shaved their legs. The theory was if they fell off they're bikes the hair would tear the skin more, so they shaved they're legs. I don't know if you bike ride, but it's worth a try.

Love Amelie

I always thought it was just so that they could go faster...
    although, that said...they're not exactly olympic-swimmers!...and the skin-tearing does make that much more sense!!

The hairlessness thing isn't that much of a big deal for me at the moment anyway - I can wear thick tights and you can't tell I'd love to go out dressed again, but don't really have anyone to go with - the people who know all live far away, or are busy with their significant others, and there's a load of people I know from uni who *don't* know and probably wouldn't understand. But it's ok

the last time I went out, I got chatting to this drunk guy near the Millenium Wheel who was really friendly and thought that the knee-high PVC boots and black, full length cotton wrap-skirt I was wearing was a good look for me. made my night I guess it goes to show that maybe the paranoia that a lot of us feel *isn't* justified.

am I digressing again? it's a little late and I think I might sleep anyway
    night!

Quote Originally Posted by walrusboy
    *sigh* rant over. have some pics and tell me what you think

Once again, I'm not really trying to pass as a woman, I just want to wear what I want
    I love your outfits! I think I might need to get some for myself now.

...and hell yeah I'm the motherf--king princess!

walrusboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Kat
    I love your outfits! I think I might need to get some for myself now.
    you have to post pics! I "need" more shoes, skirts, tops, and I've got a terrible urge for a waspie/corset!