Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Can't We All Just Get Along?

Quote Originally Posted by PortiaHoney View Post
    I used to come here a fair bit. But, when I started to express a viewpoint - not detrimental - just a viewpoint, from where I stand - I got criticised to the point of it making me question myself. Was I really that uncaring and one-eyed?

there were those who were thinking I was pushing an agenda and castigated me for expressing my viewpoint.

Yes, I am transgendered. I am a woman who used to be a male. Just the use of that word has raised the ire of others who identify as a man in a skirt and they see fit to chastise me for misusing the word.
    At first I didn't understand why you felt castigated for having realized a deeper feminine identity. But then I read your last comment, and the argument was over the definition of a word?

Lol. You shouldn't leave for that. Everyone has their own definition for the term "transgender", in this forum, on individual blogs, on educational sites, and depending on whether they crossdress or are transsexuals. People do bicker about definitions, no matter where you are. Now if you said that people stopped relating to you because you no longer feel you are a CDer, then I would say that you haven't found the right people here to hang out with, since from my vantage point there are hundreds of members who feel just like you do.

Maybe you just felt you didn't need so many answers any more, and you didn't have such a strong desire to be here any more. Maybe you just moved on, like my SO.
    Reine

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marissa
    About a month ago, I sent a PM to another member to explain my frustrations of how the tone of the site has changed in past 6 months..
    [SIZE="2"]Really? I’ve been active here for nearly two years, and I haven’t noticed anything different, except that certain members come and go, and others take their place, over and over (as Jenni Y alluded to). This helps me immensely, because I can review topics I’ve already discussed ad nauseum and try something new! The “tone” you speak of is largely chimerical in nature...[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by becca1125n
    A few other notes, I feel as if we don't really take into account the whole OP either. There has been many posts started in which they say A, B & C, and the following posts mention A & B and attack the OP for forgetting point C. If the last poster would have read the whole OP they would have seen C.
    [SIZE="2"]All the more reason to be clear and concise in the OP, anticipating the inevitable confusion that comes along. I’m no different from anyone else – I’ll see a few words in a sentence, floating in a lengthy OP, and I’ll burst into wordiness that is at odds with the author’s intentions. If I go too far, I sincerely apologize, but sometimes a topic will morph into something else entirely – for this reason I stick with the OP and try to make meaningful, not argumentative, contributions...[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD
    People do bicker about definitions, no matter where you are.
    [SIZE="2"]And there are definitions aplenty for crossdressers to discuss! If the topics are not to my liking, I just wait a day or two for something I can write about, definitions notwithstanding. The longer you’re here, the more you will observe a certain stubbornness of opinion among the membership, but I don’t think it’s anything to be concerned about – if there was nothing to discuss, there would be no forum, and, it follows, you wouldn’t learn something new about crossdressing...
    [/SIZE]

The Unlucky
    I've been here for a few years, though I don't post much mainly because I'm thoroughly disgusted with some of the people and posts here. This forum goes through certain "trends" and its those times I just lurk.

But then again what do I know, I'm just a "religious fanatic" anyway.

Personally, I think that to promote the posting of topics and receive many replies, there needs to be a number of opinions that create debate/chat in order to understand the wide range of opinions that help to answer a topic and allow the topic to cover more so a thorough understanding can promote us all to see other peoples views, not necessarily just our own. I know sometimes I may get criticized for a reply, I just cool it for a few days and then come back with an open mind and I see why I was criticized, understand and continue on with reading topics. If we all like one type of thing, there would be no need for change and stagnation sours thoughts. There are diplomatic ways to criticize and that creates more thought.
    I am here to understand myself, my emotional roller coaster and seek help in make-up, fashion etc. One thing I love about here is we can have a say, and it does not need be sexual related.
    I may not agree with all that is written, but it certainly allows me to see others ideas and hence get a better understanding on how to handle those difficult situations.
    I feel it a very hard thing for us all to agree, pander others to their ideas and separate ourselves from our own ideas in order to get along with others.
    I am here because I differ from my social community, I have ideas and I even act different to them BUT I do get along with them...so far. Maybe why I am here chatting and not at the pub or club chatting.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    **Quote modified**

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE=2]Really? I’ve been active here for nearly two years, and I haven’t noticed anything different, except that certain members come and go, and others take their place, over and over (as Jenni Y alluded to). This helps me immensely, because I can review topics I’ve already discussed ad nauseum and try something new! The “tone” you speak of is largely chimerical in nature...[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    Each time you post something, Frederique, I have to reach for good old Webster to understand..only made it through the 5th grade

Anyway.. It was just my opinion and thoughts..not all would agree. It just seemed like more members (old and new) were becoming hardheaded or uncaring to others..in a way it reminded me of how a 16 or 17 year old male would act..like they have all the answers and don't need anyone telling them anything and don't have to answer to anyone..okay..again, that is my view.

We don't have to agree on here..but respect should be expected.

And more so...not all of us have to 'accept ourselves' In a way..we have..as crossdressers..even if a fetish..
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss