Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing friends and relatives

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila11 View Post
    Thankyou.

It is the life committments and responsibilities that keep me in the little stash in the closet. I have accepeted that it will always be this way and life can still be wonderful if I will look beyond myself. I believe we are here for other people. To love, to serve, to cherish, to uplift. What can I do for you today?
    I think there is something about human nature that mentally gravitates to black-and-white, either-or, zero-sum extremes, and it may be less dramatic to find middle ground, but often the healthiest solutions lie in finding equilibrium. I do believe that giving of ourselves to others and serving causes greater than ourselves is of paramount importance, and makes us better people, but there is also room for our own personal interests and development as well. By making both a priority, we are happier and more likely to reach our potentials.

I might add, Sheila, that you know your situation better than I or anyone else, but I have found that protecting my responsibilities and relationships does not mean that I have to stay in the closet entirely. By exercising some care and common sense and self-control, it is possible to find opportunities for femme expression and personal interaction without creating upheaval and turmoil in my little world. Just sayin'.

This thread seems to have brought up some tough issues. It also has seemed to bring out the passion in folks. In many ways there are no right and wrongs. For some they may need to transition to save themself literally. For others they may choose not to transition, and may even chose to be unhappy at times, even miserable in life because they dont want to hurt others. That in some ways has been my experience. I choose not to have everything I want because I choose to be there for others and dont wish to hurt others. That is my choice. There have been times in my life where I was at the end of my rope and suicide was a thought. But for me that is selfish and not an option. I choose not to hurt myself and others who love me. The problem is when people dont acknowledge other people make other choices. Other people may believe differently and I respect that. I am not walking in your heels and you are not in mine. Each of us brings a different set of values and ethics to the table. Hopefully we can respect that.