Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ages of the male to female segment

Helen, I don't think it's possible to query the database for such results. Even then, when closeted CDers join a forum, many are likely to associate fictitious ages and locations with their registration email accounts in order to protect their privacy.
    Last edited by ReineD; 05-30-2011 at 09:28 PM.
    Reine

60 Years old here and happy with it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Based on reine's latest figures we see

I fall in the 40-50 years range

77 and falling apart!

I'm 27, I actually just turned 27 Yesterday .

Kate Karrde

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KatherynKarrde View Post
    I'm 27, I actually just turned 27 Yesterday .

Kate Karrde
    Happy late birthday, Kate
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Will be 75 in Oct., but feel much younger!

50 years young and living free.

At this point n=203. We've lived a total of 10,075 years, which means that if we were a single person we would have been born at the end of the last glacial period and would have witnessed the rise of agriculture.

Our mean age is 49.63 years and our median age is 52 years, so it seems that those stats have settled down to solid values.

Every age from 18 to 80 is represented at least once except 69, 73, and 78. Above 80 there is a five year gap and then an 86-year-old. You go, girl!

The most-represented age is 60, with 9 responses. 51, 63, and 64 have 7 responses each.

There is definitely a large number of us 45-67 ladies out there (124), but there is also a healthy representation in the 18-44 group (67). 12 of us are over 67, but I'll bet that they look and act much younger than that.

One odd thing I noticed was that many of us referred to our next higher age in our posts, as in "I'm 35, but I'll be 36 next month." In these cases I used the age the person was right when they made the post.

The other interesting demographic hinted at in this thread is a rough estimate of how many people are actually active in the forums. Since most people posted uniquely the number of active users seems to be well over 200.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

25 here. Respect to all older ladys.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    The other interesting demographic hinted at in this thread is a rough estimate of how many people are actually active in the forums. Since most people posted uniquely the number of active users seems to be well over 200.
    Thanks for the awesome analysis!

I don't know if you've ever noticed the stats on the index page. As of right now, there are 28,298 registered members. There are 6,753 active members who have logged into this site within the last 3 months, whether or not they've posted.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Thanks for the awesome analysis!

I don't know if you've ever noticed the stats on the index page. As of right now, there are 28,298 registered members. There are 6,753 active members who have logged into this site within the last 3 months, whether or not they've posted.
    I've seen those stats, but a logon 90 days ago doesn't seem very active. It would be interesting to know the number of people who have logged on in a shorter term, say a week.

When i used "active" in my post above I meant people who were participating most every day. Even so, 200 is simply a lower bound since I see many folks posting elsewhere who didn't post to this thread.

Do you have any idea of what the rate of new members is? Judging from the introductions I get the sense that it's on the order of 10-20 per day. Of course, this is probably a topic for a different thread...

Eryn
    Last edited by Eryn; 05-31-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Forgot a period.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Well, this thread is about statistics, really. I would like to know how often each of the 6,753 have logged in within the last 3 months. It would seem silly to go through the trouble of registering if someone doesn't plan on sticking around more than once.

So, if there are over 10 new members daily, this would mean about 1,000 in three months. If someone (hint hint) ever feels energetic, she could go through our member list and chart dates joined vs. number of posts, and last visit. Now THAT would be interesting.

I've no idea if such data can be accumulated through the site data base.
    Reine

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Helen, I don't think it's possible to query the database for such results. Even then, when closeted CDers join a forum, many are likely to associate fictitious ages and locations with their registration email accounts in order to protect their privacy.
    With GOOD REASON, Reine! What good would it do telling folks I'm actually 85? No one would believe it anyway!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

48 and act like 30.

If someone (hint hint) ever feels energetic, she could go through our member list and chart dates joined vs. number of posts, and last visit. Now THAT would be interesting.
    Well, just for a taste, I selected Community/Member List, and sorted by Last Visit, then I paged through until I found someone whose last activity was 24 hours ago. That was at the bottom of page 26, so it looks as though 1300 discrete members have logged on in the last 24 hours. Quite a number!
    Eryn

Well, add me as one more "outlier" in the octengenarian slot.

But hooray for the automagic age-reducer hobby we can follow!

Celeste Aileen

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    64 and proud of it! Is this the mindset you wish to explore?... Good Luck girl, we're children of the '60's and a one of a kind generation.
    Should have been there, you'd never forget it.
    Megan

I am on the left side of the bell curve but barely, I am 41.

It's still there at this time but still working so don't use it. 68 pushing 69.

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Almost ready for Medi-Care, (If it is still there).....64
    Rader

I'm 37 and will 38 in july

59. Need to report back on your conclusions.
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.

76. I am here regularly but only rarely reply to threads.

I am proud to say that I am 54 years old.