Thread: Travelling with womens clothes

Travelling with womens clothes

I was wondering what kind of experiences you all had when traveling by airplane with womens clothes in your suitcase. I've been kind of reluctant to bring anything with me when I go on trips for fear that one of the TSA workers would see the clothes and then try to harass me. Your thoughts?

Seems to me with all the scanners and gropers the TSA will "see" everything anyway and you will be harrassed simply by going through their checkpoint. So why not at least carry your things and enjoy them.

I wear womens low rise jeans,it doesn't seem to be a problem but then again I don't believe they have any idea,jeans are jeans,as for shoes,usually a couple pairs of flats,and I wear Justin cowgirl boots on the flight.

Did you know TSA means,Too Stupid Again...lol
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

their job is not to be the fashion police or to harass law abiding citizens who are not doing anything illegal. If they did bother you over what clothing you were carrying and it was known that this was the reason for the extra attention they would soon be working elsewhere.

As long as you don't have exploding underwear, they should not even care
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I used to worry about that and now I simply don't care. There is nothing illegal about carrying women's clothing and the only reason someone may want to open your luggage is if they see something suspicious that would trigger a safety concern. If you want to avoid a potentially embarrassing situation, don't pack your underwire bras in your carry-on - I did that once and the CATSA guy (Canadian TSA) must have ran that bag back and forth through the scanner about 6 times before letting it through. I standing in a position where I could see the screen he was looking at and sure enough all you could see were a bunch smiley underwires. I'm sure he was just screwing around with me as the amused look he gave me kind of said it all.
    When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Last time I looked it was not a Federal Offense to be transgendered

So many girls fly with a wardrobe and have no problem doing it

In the past, I have gone through airport screeners while wearing womens clothing, mainly undergarments, and most of my bras have underwires. The TSA agents have pretty much seen it all, much like the medical profession, however the TSA is not trained to deal with them in the same manner so yes, they are inconsiderate in their handling.
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I spend more time on airplanes than most flight attendants, so I have a lot of experience with this. My suggestion is to carry it in your checked baggage. Your bag may well be gone through, but it will be a long way away from you, and the people going through it have no idea, nor do they care, who it belongs to.
    If you carry it in your carry on, you DO risk having your bag randomly selected for inspection, and the stuff being pulled out and examined right there in front of you and everyone else in line. It's not a show stopper, and they wont laugh or be rude, but if you would prefer to avoid the situation, just check your stuff.

Having flown dressed from dozens of airports across the United States and hundreds of flights, I would have to sort of disagree with Kandis. The TSA is trained on how to deal with us, and they do have written policies regarding it. On countless flights I have been treated very well by the TSA. There have been a few grins here and there, and once or twice an amusing comment, but nothing bordering on disrespect or behavior that would draw attention to me. Don't get me wrong, Kandis may well have been mistreated, but that would be the exception and not the rule.

Danni Renee's GG SO Deana ♥ Danni's Avatar
    Maybe you could say you are going to meet your wife and she needed you to bring some extra clothes to her...

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deana ♥ Danni View Post
    Maybe you could say you are going to meet your wife and she needed you to bring some extra clothes to her...
    Maybe you could say NOTHING.

There is no rule or law agaist carrying women's clothes. There is no rule or law agaist WEARING women's clothes.

"No, those aren't women's clothes. They are MINE."

TSA people are looking for dangerous stuff, not women's underwear. Relax. They don't care.

S

I don't see any problem if it's checked baggage.

My wife and I have two bags that are each split in two halves. We typically split our clothes so that we could both survice even if one bag got lost. I've often have wive's clothes in my bag, either because her bag was too full or because she was meeting me later. Ditto with my daughter's stuff. I've also brought presents home for them.

Carry-on would be a little different, but as long as you don't act guilty, I don't think anyone will think much of it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    It used to really worry me, but I travel a lot and I just feel the need to take some of my femme clothes with me and I have never had any trouble at all

The only problem I have had and I have it almost every time I fly is going over weight on my bags!! 50 lbs per bag isn't enough!! Its unfair.. Like a tax on crossdressing!! Of coarse all my coworkers always wonder why I take 2 large suit cases on a short trip... And I put the charge on my expense account! Lol. The TSA has never questioned what I take... Even in small airports where they go through your stuff by hand... None of their business what I take.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    I suspect that you are traveling as a male and carrying womens clothes. I would not worry about searches unless you are concerned that the search might be seen by someone you know. The TSA doesn't know if the clothes are yours or your wifes. you may be carrying a carryon for her? or you may be bringing her some clothes?
    If you are a male traveling as a female, it may be a different story. If/when you are read and then your carryon is searched, the clothes are probably yours - but then if you are in an airport in a skirt, you probably don't care that much if someone reads you.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Tina's clothes, breastforms, wigs, shoes, and makeup all go into the checked baggage. I've never had an issue and can't imagine what issue there could be. After all, those of us who travel with wives know that their suitcases are never big enough (and ours aren't anymore now that we travel for both genders!). I'm sure every married male has had their wives lingerie in their suitcase more than once!

On top of that, my jeans are all low-rise women's jeans, and I seldom wear male undies. The TSA folks just want to get us through as quickly as possible and aren't going to worry about the brand of our panties or of our jeans!

tina

Follow your dream.
    I actually had one bad experience at Toronto airport. Got pulled out for an extra search (random) of my luggage. Had some female clothing in there. Gulp. The damn officer first confirmed if I was traveling alone and then had the nerve to hold up a lace Teddy and ask loudly if it was mine! I looked him in the eye and said YES. Then the bugger asked me in a sarcastic manner if I was married.

I was tempted to argue back but resisted because he was on a power trip. I simply said loud and proud, "yes I'm married." that was it and he let me go. Man, I so wanted to bitch slap him. LOL.
    Last edited by Jill Devine; 05-25-2011 at 05:42 PM.

I am surprised that any TSA worker, US or Canada, would use their position to harass one one of us. It just shows that they are human, barely when doing that, and could be from Toronto or any major US city. I would have never thought about the under-wires going through the X ray for carry on baggage until they opened up my bag and started asking questions. How embarrassing that would have been. I am now one of the, pack it in the checked luggage, travelers. Of course, as Karen pointed out, 2 large suitcases will be required. One for male clothing and one for my femme attire, makeup, wig, forms, etc. Happy traveling.
    Welcome to 2012, only 11 months until the "Mayan" calendar ends, oh my!
    [SIZE="2"]“The Answer to the Great Question Of.....Life, the Universe and Everything.....(is) Forty-two.”[/SIZE]
    Douglas Adams (British comic Writer, 1952-2001)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    & , TTFN
    Danielle Patricia

Never had a problem. I have flown dressed and even had items in my luggage which were female. Nobody really cares unless you have a bomb in the luggage. They have so much more to worry about than why you are packing panties and a bra in your luggage.
    Michelle

i have traveled a few times with two suitcases filled with mainly womens clothes... i do check those bags and with the forms they get opened and checked most trips... i just smile when i pick them up and see the little TSA sticker on the label.. and wonder what they thought of my nice undies... Now since i am pretty sure they will check my bag.. i pack a lot of things in clear plastic bags inside my suit cases.. that way they don't get their hands all over my pantes... or get anything dirty.. that includes make up, pantes, bras, socks, and any other small thing i can put in a zip lock bag.

Don't worry. The TSA is looking for contraband items, which does not include women's clothes. I travel constantly and always have femme stuff with me. You might feel more comfortable checking your femme stuff. The screeners of checked bags have know idea whose bag is whose.

A while back, I did notice that my heels and underwire bra was clearly discernible on the screen. While I no longer bring those items, if I am questioned about it I am always mentally prepared to say that my wife and I split our clothes in case one of the luggage got lost, and she is coming tomorrow. This is actually the case when my wife and I go fly somewhere, she is always putting her stuff in my bag, because I always have more room than she does.

Have a good trip.

Jaydee

Heather,

I'm an airline pilot, and travel weekly through dozens of airports, and I can say without question, they really have seen it all. A guy with women's clothes is the absolute last thing they're going to get suspicious about. In my overnight bag, I pack at the very least about a half dozen pairs of panties, a bra, a dress or skirt & top, a nightgown (or girly PJs), and a one-peice swimsuit. My bag goes through the x-ray like everyone elses'. I've even been in a situation when my bag was inspected (the day the liquid ban went into effect); my bag was opened all the way for him to see everything... pretty obvious what was there. He didn't say anything about the clothes, and only said "you gotta get rid of the liquids" (crew members were exempted the next day :x). I'm certain that they will never harass you, but if by odd chance they do, immediately file a complaint. Hope this helps.