Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lessons of hate

People often treat us like that because they see a male who feminizes himself as weak... all part of the alpha male syndrome. When I run into people like that I let him know acting that way is not acceptable, but that's just my aggressive personality.
    "Salene"

Platinum Member
    The fact that young girl reached out to touch the hand of a person said something to positive me. One hopes that life expereinces and examples, like that of her father, won't destroy her kind heart.

sad that child abuse does not include using foul language around / at them.

nobody is perfect, but so many times i here "moms" and "dads" just laying in to there kids, with true gutter words.
    and very true this is a learned thing and will repeat in the next generation, and on and on.

sorry to here you had this encounter, but most out there are friendly, remember the girl was friendly. this is the true way she feels, sadly in time her "dad" will change that.

Gold Member
    So us TG have to expect a certain level of prejudice, not that it is right but it is something we deal with.
    But the same guy was talking crap to some random jogger? This guy has serious issues. It sounds to me like he was just trying to piss off anyone.

Imagine how he treats his kid and his wife? I mean you know for undeniable fact he probably beats both of them.
    The wife and kid are probably living in fear.

I have seen people like this before. They usually dig their grave with their own tongues.
    I used to live in this one neighborhood and we had this one loser who's response to everything was saying he was going to kick someone's ass. Adults, children, didn't matter. The height of this accomplishment was when he got into it with the property manager, yes, he told the property manager "I will kick your ass".
    He was swiftly evicted.

And also some of you got mad when Pythos said she wished harm on this guy. Well when people like the father at the park are that bad, ridding them is not about vengeance, it is about ridding the world of a disease. No one shed a tear when guys like Bundy, Bin Laden, or Hussein were destroyed.

I do not wish anything bad on that guy, he will get his whether we sit around and wish it or not.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

This is a man consumed with anger. We don't know what caused it, and we certainly don't know how to make it go away. Any response would have been futile, and possibly dangerous, because the man was not simply expressing opinions, he was acting out in a verbally violent way. He could have been armed. Who knows?

Whatever the virulence of his fevered--and not terribly selective--bigotry, I hope and pray that his open-hearted daughter will be able to survive unscathed.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

I can only quote Nanci Griffith on this one....
    A cafeteria line in Chicage
    The fat man in front of me
    Is calling black people trash to his children
    He's the only trash here I see
    And I'm thinking this man wears a white hood
    In the night when his children should sleep
    But, they slip to their window and they see him
    And they think that white hood's all they need
    Chorus
    It's a hard life
    It's a hard life
    It's a very hard life
    It's a hard life wherever you go
    If we poison our children with hatred
    Then, the hard life is all they'll ever know

I like your music, Nanci, but does it have to be a "fat man"? Talk about bigotry.
    Last edited by Starling; 05-27-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: perfection
    Time for a change.

Yeah, that's completely uncalled for. Too bad the little girl doesn't have a more benevolent father.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by Loni View Post
    sad that child abuse does not include using foul language around / at them. ...
    True, but the language the OP describes leaves the speaker open to a charge of child abuse, at least in Canada. There was a case a year or two ago in Winnepeg (not sure about location, but was in Manitoba or Saskatchewan) where a young child came to school with swastikas drawn on at least one upper arm. These were removed by school staff. When the child went to school a second time with the swastika, the parents were charged, tried, and convicted of child abuse: teaching hate. They also lost custody of their children.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

When I am elected president:

They will teach REQUIRED courses in high school on;
    marriage, divorce, child rearing and expenses, household and personal finances, gender and sexual variances.

U will have to pass a TEST to get a marriage license. If u didn't take the above classes or failed them, you'll have to take them again before u can take test. Fail the test, NO marriage license!

To have a child u will have to pass a test and get a license. U have to have passed the class on child rearing first! No license? The hospital keeps your baby!

Then, that jerk with the sweet little girl? Someone else will raise her!

Can I PLEASE have your vote!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by LALady View Post
    I like your music, Nanci, but does it have to be a "fat man"? Talk about bigotry.
    Good point, I think she should've changed that one lol

He's not the devil

Please. This father is not the "devil". He's probably, like many, basing his teachings to his child on what he has personally experienced or been taught about the world around him. I don't blame him or feel any anger toward him. Infact I pity him. Because, for what ever reason, life has made him soo intolerant and closed minded.
    I don't wish for his daughter to grow up hating him. Young children need their fathers just as much as they need their mothers. As she matures over time she will realize that her father wasn't right about everything. Children don't see the faults in their parents. They love them unconditionaly. That is the way it should be.
    The only thing I can do to change the view that other people have towards me is to live my life in an honorable fashion and take responsibilty for the choices that I make. I can't change the world....I can only effect the six foot area around me and hope that it will have a domino effect upon everything else.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Aspiring Member
    I think everyone has an innate sense of justice. Even kids. Many kids somehow dont learn the lessons of hatred their parents try to pass on. you never know how it will turn out for the kid.

That is sad, There are a lot of uneducated and ignorant people out there. I had one like that, my father. I was threatened many times by him and i didn't miss him when he passed away in 2003.After that my hypertension got much better and I don't miss him at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]