Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you willing to sacrifice your muscle for a better girl-mode look?

Pronouced as MA-EE-KOU Maiko Newhalf's Avatar

Lightbulb Are you willing to sacrifice your muscle for a better girl-mode look?

For all CDs out there, are you willing to lose some muscle in order to look better in your girl mode? My exercise lately "bulked up" my shoulders and back. My arms get a bit bigger too. So I'm forced to hide them and only wear long sleeves. On the other hand, I do like to funtional strength come with the muscles. So I'm confused.

What's your thought on this topic?

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I would never pass anyhow, so I like the muscle. I just like the clothes! (and toe nail polish!). I know my wife also likes the muscles, and I really like to keep her happy with all she does for me.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Never had a problem hiding my muscles. Had lots. They didn't show. I was 130lb 5'9 all through college. That was with wet clothes.
    I was always picked on. I hated my size. Tried everything. Eating lots, weight training - bench pressed 180-, belts in ty quan do & GoJu, highschool district champ in lightweight boxing. None really helped, nor did it help my self esteem or outlook on who I was. I really think I was fighting accceptance of being TS. (Need to be more macho!) Now that I have total acceptance of who I am - small is great. No thanks to age, I have put on more weight and 1 1/2" in height. But I still have a small frame. I keep my strength up since I need to for construction, but I do reps in weights now - not heavy weights. And lots of cardio.

The Unlucky
    I'm really glad you brought this up. Before 2010 I didn't have much muscle mass so i dressed all the time. However at the end of my last deployment(when my then girlfriend left me for our platoon Sargent) I got really hard for the gym. Summer '10 I was in my best shape ever, and stopped dressing except for panties. I just "didn't look femme" so i didn't want to dress. Since then my job has been so stressful and time consuming, along with moving I lost everything. Now I find myself dressing again. It sucks cuz you really have to put ALOT of work in the gym to see anything. For me, being muscular isn't my body's natural state so i will lose size and strength within a few DAYS if I don't go to the gym 8 to 10 times a week. Its such a huge pain!

I want my "manly" body back, but its a huge uphill battle...and if I go to the field I lose everything I worked for within 2 weeks...

Example in October last year I lost 45lbs of bench press ability in 9 days...went from benching 245lbs to struggling to throw 205lbs in only 9 frickin days. I gave up after that. I weighed 178lbs at the time, 30 days later in the field I was 207lbs...still doing regular PT. I'm starting to lose weight now, only because I limit myself to no more than 1,800 calories a day and I runtil I get dizzy and pass out(they make us do that, that's not my choice).

No need to; always been slim. 5'9" and 120lbs.

I'm into going to the gym because I do Karate and I compete a lot. I'm not trying to pass as a woman though, so it's not much of a problem for me. I don't see anything wrong with being muscular, yet feminine.

I'm the same height as Stephenie and Konfuse but I'm 150 lbs. Still my friends call me "skinny". What are they expecting for guys these days!

I never had much muscle and I don't really want anymore. I'm not small but I'm not really built either and I never tried.

So I guess my answer is, I don't really have to trade, I think I'm fine the way I am.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Kelly, I guess there some hormone issue for me. It's very hard for me to gain muscle. I'm hoping to get more lean muscle and funtional strength. I figure building up more lower body strength is probably the way to go. I started on Kettlebell exercise and hopefully it helps.

I play basketball every week of the year (and football in the fall and winter). Given that I play power forward and center positions (sometimes guard, which I love), I need the strength. I do not work out with weights, but sports and my 6 year old daughter keeps the muscle on. Luckily, I am blessed with very little body hair, so it kind of offsets. When I wear clothing such as sleeveless dresses, it definitely detracts from the look, though. Although I am a crossdresser through and through, I need my sports, too!

Am i willing to sacrifice muscle for a better girl-mode look??? In a heart beat, the one thing i can't change is my shoulders and how wide they are.. but i don't need muscle and don't try to build them, havn't in a long time... oh yea at one time almost 40 years ago i did the weights and all that stuff.. but now i have no use for it.. would much rather look good in girl mode the boy mode...

Well yeah!! I play between 60 and 70 ice hockey games a year and it really helps build the legs and lower body at the expense of the upper body. I don't have the best slap shot in the world but I can pass and get the puck on net. I do a lot of light weight (5 lb) arm toning exercises just so they don't turn to mush....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I would sacrifice every muscle in and on my body for a better girl look!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I have plenty of muscle.Oops!,no sorry that's flab Body building sounds too much like hard work to me LOL

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I have a runners body. Huge calves and decent sized thighs with a scrawny upper body (though I've fattened up a bit now that I'm older). I always knew if a did some upper body weight training I could of improved by running times, since I was a decent long distance runner, but I never did weight train in part so that I didn't bulk up my upper body. A lot of women have large calves and thighs, so having muscular legs usually wasn't a problem.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

I bulked up to a bigger upper chest throught bench-pressing a while back, and now i don't want it any more. I felt l like I look like every other bloke out there that does bench presses. So now my goal is to slim down to 140-145 lbs at 5 ft 6 and no gut. I've lost 20 lbs in a year & half already. I don't need to look like a scrawny teenage girl, but I can put off looking better than many 40something women in my age range.

FYI, I have been at the US Open a couple of years, and I have stood a few feet away from women like the Williams sisters, and Anna Kornikovic, Kim Clijsters, they all have no fat on them but they are tall and have broad shoulders. My goal is to have an athletic ambiguous unisex body.

I used to have a bulky, muscular upper body from years of weightlifting. But through extensive upper body stretching the last 5 or 6 years, I've been able to turn the short, bulky muscles into long, smooth ones. I still lift and have not lost any strength with the longer muscles. I do a lot of dead hangs from a pullup bar which stretches every muscle in the upper body. I used to wear a size L shirt and now I wear a medium although my weight is the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, no problem sacrificing upper body bulk for body-passbillity. i avoid upper body exercises, mainly I'm a runner.

I play some tennis, which bulks me up a bit in the upper body, which I don't like.
    I try to stay light (for me), which is 145 lbs at 5'8.5"

yes yes yes! absolutely!

A couple of years ago I tried to build up my upper body, during one of my many periods when I was trying to fight being a cross-dresser. I have strong, muscular legs, probably from many years of soccer and riding bicycles, but I couldn't build up my upper body. I even had a personal trainer who, after seeing how hard I was working out, decided that my age may be an issue and suggested that I see my doctor to increase my testosterone levels. I didn't.

I have recently started running because I need to drop about 20 pounds (OK, maybe 30), and I have given up on the weights. Although my main reason for losing the weight is for health and fitness, it wont hurt my cross-dressing, especially since I'm only 5'5".

This was always a conumdrum for me growing up. Did I want a cut body like Superman or the curves of Raquel Welch? I wanted both. I decided to compromise and to instead be like Wonder Woman, who had brains, strength and still looked great.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    I prefer to keep my muscles. I have 10% body fat and a BMI of 25. I can't loose weight without loosing muscles, which I don't want.

I haven't been this way all my life. Since I've put on more muscles, my desire to crossdress has almost disappeared.

But I like it better this way for the male "me"

I never really "bulked up" in the muscle department. I have always trained for strength without the bigness. Now at 50+ y/o and 150 lbs., I dont have too much to worry about.

I've always wanted to build up my arms but could never keep on an exercise program long enough. Now I enjoy my skinny arms. I try to use my legs for heavy work and avoid exercising my arms as much as possible. Instead of carrying things while doing yard work I use a cart so that my legs and back do most of the work.
    Sally

I don't exercise for this very reason. If I need to take a few pounds off, I do it by controlling my diet. I think over exercising ones legs really turns then into man legs. I like the look of smooth sleek legs. When I see bulbous calf muscles, it's a dead giveaway to man legs in stockings.