Thread: You never know...

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar

You never know...

My Dr retired about a year and half ago and the Dr that took over for his patients is a woman. She is very kind and I felt very comfortable with her becoming my primary physician. She is middle aged and is an attractive lady with a nice taste in clothes as well. I have been in a few times since for various reasons/injury and she has seen me undressed and my choice of underwear and cami's. Nothing of a big deal to her or me the first time it was noticed adding to my comfort level. I developed a rash on my hand last week and made an appointment to have it checked out. One of the nurses called me back and after weighing in (125 lbs!) we headed in to an exam room and took all my vitals, went over the issue and she told me that the Dr would be in shortly. After checking my hand over the Dr determined I had gotten into poison ivy. Ugh. I have never had that before and certainly don't want it again and the odd thing is I'm not sure how I got it. So, Dr says "I'll have one of the girls give you a shot and I will also issue a prescription" Ugh. I hate shots. "It will heal faster and feel better sooner". Ok..so we make short small talk and finish up then I wait for the nurse to come back. Few minutes later the door opens and a different nurse comes in with the meds and a needle. She is in her mid twenties and has always been very nice and helpful in the past. "This is going just under your hip" she says.."You'll need to lower your jeans for me in a second and turn around". ( I was expecting a shot in my arm) ....hmmm well I start thinking ok unless the Dr told her, she is going to soon find out. I stood up and undid my belt and dropped my jeans. She turned around and kinda paused in mid sentence asking "are you..ready?" "Yeah I guess". So now I'm standing there pulling the side of the lace waist band down of my VS Pink boyshorts with a needle in my hip. When she was done she asked if I was ok and I replied "oh I'm fine.. and I'm sorry if that was uncomfortable for you". She said "well I was surprised, and I wouldn't guess that you do that"....."But at least you wear cute panties! I like PINK too!" I kinda laughed and said "thanks, I always try". She said "yeah, ya never know who may see them!" I got buckled up and we both told each other to have a great day and I headed out. I can only imagine what she will be thinking the next time I'm in..I got my prescription and my hand is now healing well. And, so the moral of the story is...if your going to wear your panties to the Dr make sure they're cute!
    April
    May the lord know those that don't love us so he may turn their hearts or at least their ankle so we'll know em by their limp.

You take the urban noise with some Durbin Poison.
    Its gonna lessen your load.....

Panties and bra need to match as well

Joann

I had a similar Dr. visit years ago but it did not turn out as well as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Joann Smith View Post
    Panties and bra need to match as well

Joann
    YES! And paint those toe nails too! Just like I do! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

April, the same thing happened to me last summer. A beautiful young PA saw me and I showed her my legs. She said poison ivy and you need a shot and meds. She came back in and said this must go in your hip and you need to lower your pants. Well, the pants came down and there I was in my hi leg Shadowline panties, that had to come down too. She was fine with it and so was I, because I wanted to get well.

Whenever I go for my annual checkups at the VA medical center I always make sure I'm wearing my favorite Liz Claiborne panties. The color doesn't matter becuse theyre all cute.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I hear that poison ivy is no fun at all; I have been fortunate enough never to have had it.

Reading about it, I see that it is even possible to transfer the oil that triggers the rash through the fur of animals. April, do you happen to have a dog that might have played near the edge of some woods (or for that matter, in a field)?

Hmmmmm, I heard somewhere that the wild foods guru Euell Gibbons used to eat poison ivy buds just as they were coming out so he wouldn't get poison ivy. I also heard he died of ulcers............

Not sure if he wore panties though.............

I haven't had the courage yet to wear panties to the Dr. office. Might be interesting to watch the reaction from my PA. She's got a great sense of humor and is rather tolerant.

It's possible to get poison ivy from the volatile oils released from burning poison ivy and carried in the smoke. Ask me how I know..............
    Last edited by CaitlynRenee; 05-27-2011 at 10:13 PM.

My experiences with physicians seeing me in my panties all involved female doctors and nurses. They were all accepting of my clothes and it was basically a non-event. My primary care doc is an older male who doesn't realize what my attire is and doesn't even realize I wore underwear, let alone panties. Somehow a doc acknowledging my attire by conduct or word, tacit or expressed, validates my choices.

Jilmac;
    I haven't worn my panties or bra to the Bay Pine VA Hospital in St. Petersberg, FL yet. I'm scheduled for my 18 major surgery in 2.5 years and am thinking about wearing them when I check in. How was their reaction the first time you wore panties?