Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossing Legs

Crossing Legs

I can't cross my legs at all and I'm not sure why. When I try it simply feels like everything is stretching too far. I'm at a normal average weight for a 20 year old man (should be dropping tremendously soon), and I have some strong thighs from playing soccer my entire life. It's not much of a problem being caused by my genitals, my thighs and legs just seem to not move that way.

Anyone else have problems crossing their legs?

male hips and pelvis are not as wide as genitic females. it can be difficult but possible
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

It sometimes requires visualization Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    It's never been easy for me, losing weight helped, but it is still something that requires a lot of effort.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Practice makes perfect! Keep trying! Even if you have to use your hands to cross them! Try, try you'll get there! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Tiffanythecd2002 tiffanythecd2001's Avatar

Smile To cross or not too too cross is the quistion of the day

Hi, since i'm sorta small and skinny no problem here , the way i practice this was , i take off from Califorinia with a legg under my u know area, and drive clear back too Iowa, in my 18 wheeler, just like a normal girl does , my girlfreind used too drive like that all time, so i try it and find most comfy way too drive , so im pretty flexable in my hips , i think my hips are a girl hips, so no , i have no problems, but i would get some excerize programs too help you along, anthor trick is i lay flat on my bed and slowly cross my leggs everyday while i listen too my music for aabout 15 mins a day,hugs Tiffany

This is such a trip to read about. I have always been able to cross my legs, it is actually a very acceptable male way of sitting in other parts of the world (I think England being one). I usually sit in this manner, it the table I am at allows it. The real trick is crossing them while in a miniskirt.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I can cross my legs now to the left but not the right. Go figure. I use to weigh 217, now 174. Weight loss and practice working for me. Good luck.

Aspiring Member
    Since I completed my application of dark plum toe nail polish two weeks ago, I have been able to fully enjoy the art of crosslegging. I have been succcesdul since getting ubder 210 pounds.

For years Ive been able to cross my legs, always my right over my left. Im not sure when I started doing it, it happened unconciously. At first for a long time I had to make a concious effort to not do it. Now I just let it happen though. But I can't really do my left leg over my right leg very comfortably.
    The ultimate woman is a man - House

In the mean time use a modified leg cross until you can sucessfully cross them the way you prefer. To do this just extend your legs in front of you and with legs together just put one ankle over the other. I've seen many women sit this way and its fairly feminine too! Its the only way I can sit at the present time.

This mod of doing it sideways may work for you. And it is a more feminine look for tall girls. Legs have to be held close together for it to work though.

And, of course, once you get really good at it you can do this.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I thought it was only me! I can cross left over right but have no luck with right over left.

I can't fight the urge <3 Breannah's Avatar
    Im preety unflexible, but find when dressed with tights i can cross my legs easy and comfortably doing it randomly in male mode just feels uncomfy and well wrong...
    And pythos crossing legs is only acceptable in england when you breach about 40. Any male my age (18) doing it, genuinly gets judged as gay
    Breanah <3 18 and loving life to the full!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/baby_breanah/sets/

never been a problem for me infact i subconciously sit with my legs crossed all of the time it just seems natural to me .

I have luckily never had the problem.
    I guess you need to have yoga on your mind to do this.
    PJ

Philipa Jane

Banned Read only
    I am six foot and two hundred pounds and do not have a problem crossing my legs. My assets do not get smashed. I can cross over both legs, but, it is more comfortable crossing left leg over right leg. I think you're correct in assuming your thighs may be too developed from playing soccer. When my daughter ran long distance track in high school she developed very large and strong thighs that appeared to be totally out of proportion to her body type and frame. When she quit track, she went back to her normal size. If you are going to drop weight in your thighs because of inactivity that may solve your problem.

I can do pretty good at it because one... I'm fairly slim and two.. There isn't much obstructions in the way! Lol. Its difficult for males since women's legs are pined further apart due to the birth canal... So for men, blame it on a simple math problem... Parallel lines don't cross!!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Couldn't do it at 240 lbs...but now at 185 lbs it's no problem...even in a miniskirt!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Unless i am missing the point, I have crossed my legs all my life in tights, stockings or even in male attire and have never found any problem - perhaps practise makes perfect....! I find pointing my toes makes the whole thing easier - and looks lovely as well xxxxx

Hi, I was overweight and found the belly and love handles were interfering with my ability to cross my legs. Hell I could not even lift my foot up and put it on my other leg's knee. I also suffered a lot with lower back pain mostly due to the belly pulling my spine further forward. I think that being overweight my thighs got stronger just to hold me upright.
    When I was young I could cross my legs feminine style but I also could put my foot up in front of my head in a high kick.

I went on a weight loss program and something else, aim to strengthen my inner thigh muscles and lower back muscles. Particularly those muscles inside my leg high up near the crotch. I researched for exercises to strengthen these muscles I rarely used. I found I could not even sit for long with my knees together because my inner thigh muscles could not keep them together for long. My knees would gradually move outward as I relaxed.
    Now after 6 months of exercising these muscles together with my weight loss I can cross my legs knee above knee. I am training my legs to cross higher up (thigh area) so that the lower legs are more parallel. I am finding it much easier to cross my legs and feel quite comfortable.
    For me, I found that my inner thigh muscles were very weak and hence my lower back muscles too. My thighs, hamstring, calves and muscles around knee were strong but inner muscles very weak. Strengthening the inner core has also helped package it all. I basically thought that if some Yoga guru can meditate in some strange positions, why can't I simply sit cross legged when other males can do it as naturally as females. I also slowly stretched these muscles so that they were more supple than being tort.
    I am happy with the results and am positive to being able to sit with legs crossed and being able to reach down to moisturize my feet without putting the foot on my thigh. Giggles I can squeeze the life out of my pillow too when its between the knees. Hint, walk around with a pillow between the knees and see how weak those muscles maybe.
    Just an idea that may help others who cannot cross their legs.

Pronouced as MA-EE-KOU Maiko Newhalf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silkyness View Post
    I can't cross my legs at all and I'm not sure why. When I try it simply feels like everything is stretching too far. I'm at a normal average weight for a 20 year old man (should be dropping tremendously soon), and I have some strong thighs from playing soccer my entire life. It's not much of a problem being caused by my genitals, my thighs and legs just seem to not move that way.

Anyone else have problems crossing their legs?
    May not be weight related at all. Google "Gluteal Muscle Contraction". I have it since I was a child from gluteal muscle injection of pennicilin. I thought people in the US get less of it -- I'm from Asia. Anyways, PM me we can chat more on the subject. It can be corrected by operation although I haven't.

For me the problem is how to not cross my legs. I find it the most natural and comfortable way to sit, but I'm always worried about being judged, so I try to be conscious to avoid it if I think people might see.

Crystal

Silver Member
    Practice should help and soccer is the culprit on my opinion. BillieJoe has a good suggestion and to make that pose more feminine move your feet to one side or the other so they are on the floor but outside of your hip line?!?! Since I started tucking I can now even put a foot behind the other while crosslegged. Tucking bring the feeling of crossing your legs to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by joanna4 View Post
    male hips and pelvis are not as wide as genitic females. it can be difficult but possible
    Bingo.
    It helps to have less muscle mass. I was a competitive cyclist a number of years ago, and it's still not comfortable for me.
    Women's pelvises are wider to accomodate that little baby's head coming out of the cervix. Women have a much greater range of motion in different directions with their legs, they have that physical capability to twist and rotate their legs in all sorts of poses. It's like the pelvis/femur is a universal joint. The thing is some guys just interpret this as "feminine behavior", when in reality it is an entirely physical trait that's built into the skeleton, not hormonal.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 06-01-2011 at 09:59 PM.