Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Married, who is and who isn't?

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Married, 27 years this past January. Wife knows, has gone the gamut from full acceptance to ... not so much.

Married to a totally supportive and wonderfull woman.
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.

Was married for 20 years. Wife knew before we were married. Was accepting. After 3 kids was tough to find time. She got upset when I needed some time for Stephanie and she wanted to do something else. Most of the time was late at night or if I was home while the kids were in school. Now that I am single I dress when ever I want.

I told new girlfriend. Kinda freaked and hasn't said much since. She has make a couple snide remarks about why I know so much about makeup, clothes, etc. I just shrug my shoulders and say I read alot.

She has make a couple snide remarks about why I know so much about makeup, clothes, etc. I just shrug my shoulders and say I read alot.
    Great my friend, a good riposte.

Anna x
    Anna x

Married, who is and who isn't
    Used to be, the crossdressing thing killed it. No prospects at this time, but I know as I get older, there are less and less men for each woman, so the odds will get better. Still don't know if I'll get married again, because there is no benefit to it other than if you're having kids, and at my age, that isn't likely.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I Used to be 11 years ago, crossdressing had nothing to do with the devorce. And i so love my freedome.
    Mistybtm

Gold Member
    Married for 21 years and she has been around and aware of every year of my crossdressing. She is fully accepting and goes out with me regularly and to various meetings. She is a gem!

Married for nearlyn 40 years. It is interesting that a lot of those who have replied to this thread have been married for a long time. Only started CDing about 3 years ago when my life had to spend a lot of time away from home. Told her within a few weeks of her returning. She wanted information on what it meant so put her onto some sites. Once she understood it did mean that i was suddenly gay and that I still oved her, she was accepting. However I respect her boundaries and she respects mine. I know how far I can go nd we both make it work.

Married for 30 years, shacked up for 6 = 36 years total. She found out 5 years ago....been ups and downs since then. I've been venturing out to support groups/a few get togethers with tg friends. Wife may be coming along one of these days.

I was married for five years. Divorced in 1986. She cheated on me many times. I wasn't CDing in those days, but considering she split pretty much with the clothes on her back, I was left with most of her clothes, some of which I tried on shortly after t he divorce. Didn't get really into CDing until around 2002 during a period of intense work stress. Got into it again seriously after my best friend died and work again became highly stressful. I've had six serious relationships since the divorce, none of which came close to marriage (at least on my part...several of the women wanted to marry me), and, at this point, I have decided I prefer being single, so unless the perfect person just falls into my lap, so to speak (I ain't looking), I believe I will stay single the rest of my life. Nobody knows about my CDing, although it wouldn't surprise me if some suspected, as my body is pretty feminine-looking and I often wear women's jeans and shirts with pink and/or purple as part of the coloring.

I told Jean the day I asked her to marry me.
    It was the hardest thing that I have ever done.
    That was 21 years ago.
    I am sitting in our hotel room in the French Quarters in New Orleans dressed.
    Jean is still in bed.

Oh yeah, I have nerver been unfaithful and will never.
    So the statement about everyone cheats is definately incorrect!

Silver Member
    Yes, I am married for second time. CDing wasn't the cuase for the first not working out. Actually in hindsight (always 20/20) we may have stayed together if I knew I was that back then, but alas denial had a firm grip on me. but then again I wouldn't have two great kids an a great second wife!!

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    On my third marriage. married for 12+ years and she knows and supports Carroll
    Drumming, My other hobby

I was married for 18 wonderful years. I've been divorced for 10 great years and enjoying it. Sometimes I wish there was somebody but more often not. Billie Jean

I just recently took the plunge and asked my girlfriend to marry me (she of course said yes). This is a very exciting and happy moment for me because just about a year ago we almost broke up over the topic of my dressing (she found my things causing a fight). Since then we have worked through the mess and have come to an understanding where I can dress anytime I want. So lucky to have her as my fiance.

happily married even before the dressing and now fantastically married. it was a slow process to get to this level and now that its here its even harder to stay patient but shes worth it. ( my wife and thuvia)

Former Member
    I have been married for 23 years to a wonderful, supportive woman. It seems as the years go by, she likes "Sami" better than "Sam"! I'm not complaining!

Happily married with children

Fessed up to the wife a couple of years after marriage, but absolutely should have done this before the big day. Her views on my CDing have varied in the past but have been stable for some time now. Accepting without being encouraging and certainly not participative. She is a member here (reads but doesn't post much) and that has helped both of us greatly.

Luckily, I don't have to hide clothes, make up or wigs and can dress freely around the house when there's just the two of us. Venturing out enfemme to the shopping mall is fine too, but she doesn't want to tag along.

The wife only really has 1 rule.......don't embarrass me! More than reasonable as far as I'm concerned

Tash

Currently still married to the one with three girls and a grand-daughter... not at all interested in all the honesty/lying crap... to be honest it gets in the way of real relationships. We will probably split later this year, but not because of CDing, just a mutual desire to have a change of life! We will be life partners forever though... and our family has always been the core of our world. Some things are more important than personal preference.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

"I was just wondering how many of us are married and with what kind of relationship, versus how many of us are single. "
    Free & single
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    happily single waiting for the right guy or girl to come along

Let's be honest here, ok? 95% of the women out there would be horrified and turned off by a boyfriend/SO who cross-dresses. That doesn't mean that the 95% aren't dead wrong, but some of us want to know. How do you find someone who's accepting? To those who are out to their SOs...how many did you date and tell who were freaked out at first? I just can't believe the percentages we see here. It's as though HERE 95% of the women out there are accepting, which I just can't buy. My last girlfriend might have been, because I started dating her knowing she had a lesbian lover (who was completely bonkers, by the way). I would love to think most women are loving, caring, and accepting, but it's not possible.

57 and always single. Wanted to be married for decades, but nothing but heartbreak. My cats are my roomates .

Pronouced as MA-EE-KOU Maiko Newhalf's Avatar
    married for 3 year and came out to my wife a week ago. so far so good

Karren, OK you are a liar and a prevert. Happy now.

Me happily married going on 26 in Oct. Known my wife since We where in first grade.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????