Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you wish you weren’t transgendered?

Question Do you wish you weren’t transgendered?

My answer to this has always been yes I wish I was born a woman but I want to know who wishes they were able to totally accept the gender they were born? This is a question for everyone from people who just like to wear women’s underwear under their trousers to those that have fully transitioned. Also for females to males of course.

Nearly everyone I know seems to suffer depression because they’re transgendered including myself at times and it often ruins life’s. Not only the person who is trans but often their families too but if you were born a man do wish you could have grown up being happy with what you are with no female urges what so ever?

It seems an easy thing to say yes to but knowing what I know now I’m not so sure. In my case there are arguments both ways like I’ve met all my best friends through this curse I carry around with me and done some fantastic things but I’ve also lost most of my male friends through my lack of interest in manly things and have been unable to have a proper relationship with anyone and don’t feel I want anyone to get close to me because of what I am. It’s even partly to blame for me losing my job and now not wanting to work full time as a man.

It really is an impossible question to answer and many people I know who are not trans in any way (I don’t think) and living normal lives don’t seem that happy and have other issues depressing them.

So do you wish you weren’t transgendered or are you glad you are ?

Yes! Definitely.. I'd switch to either gender in a heartbeat... Either one. I'm not picky... Just overly complicates my life. But the reality is it won't happen so I embrace who I am and move forward.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Yes! Definitely.. I'd switch to either gender in a heartbeat... Either one. I'm not picky... Just overly complicates my life. But the reality is it won't happen so I embrace who I am and move forward.
    Ditto Karen, Ditto!!!!!!

I just figure I am either missing a gene or have a different gene than guys who act like macho guys.

I am an actor I guess and I can play either part but there are times I do wish I was totally one or the other. I also wish for world peace and to get the winning Lotto numbers. I just try and be who I am. Both of me.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    What Karren said. Exactly.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I wasted nearly 47 years wishing that I wasn't trans and you are right that it led me to depression and very nearly to suicide.

I was classified male at birth, but I don't believe that I have ever been a man - that is why when I feel truly, madly, deeply in love, I had to break both of our hearts because I could not have performed the role of the husband in the marriage and she deserved to be married to a man who would be a true husband.

Since giving up the fight, I have made some extraordinary friends that I might not otherwise have known, but my life would have been very different if I had not wasted all of that time.

If I wish in any way that I was not trans, it is merely that I regret what I am unable to have because I was born with the wrong parts; but I am put in mind of one of my father's sayings "what's done is done and can't be undone" - meaning that regrets won't change the past, so I look forward with hope rather than backwards with regret.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

If I could pick just one sex, I would choose to be a Woman. I have wished many a times that I was a Girl. Like you Nina I find it very hard to have male friends. I have nothing in common with them. Im into shopping and clothes,makeup and anything associated with being female. Including have deires to have sex with them. But if I was born a female I would proberbly still be BI because women are better kisser's.

JenniferS

I love being transgendered. I don't think I could stop even if I wanted to. Fortunately I have accepting people in my life.
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I guess by medical standards I am Transgendered, but I don't think of myself that way. I am a man who crossdresses!! Other than the clothes I may be wearing, in no way am I a woman!! Nor do I want to be one!! I am happy to be a man!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Silver Member
    There was a time in my life when I used to hate being a cross dresser, then gradually I have come to terms with it and actually I am happy with me now, don't want to be a woman full time but just love being a woman when I can, it totally works for me now, happy in my skin and in my head

Yes i wish i wasn't transgendered,just wish i was a woman.

I wish I was not this way. I still havent come to grips with it and it's beginning to really eat away at me. I'm actually starting to be very afraid of it all.

I spent a lot of my life wishing I was not transgendered, And wasted some time being resentful I'm not a woman. But then I found a woman that loves me just as I am, and I learned to love the life I have. I only dress in the privacy of my home, or controlled places like a hotel room, went out once, but found myself to be very uncomfortable out and about. But at home, I am the queen! Since retiring, I've become a house wife and love it.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Nah, I'm fine. I have no problems with my gender situation at the moment. Lots of other stuff to be depressed about, though.

I absoluely want to feel manly all the time. I don't understand my feelings and I don't feel comfortable in my own skin. I wish my life was different.

Being the way I am sure presents challenges, especially as I have now stopped kidding myself it'll go away and just accept it. I go away for the night and pack several suitcases of clothes and "stuff"... wierd!

Would I rather not be the way I am? Not at all... I have experienced things I guess not many guys will, and love it. But as i am by definition not a mack man maybe I have missed out on a lot of boy stuff... I sure as hell have missed out on a lifetime of being a girl...

So it is back to Karren... either would do... but being in the middle is also quite nice... if a little problematic at times!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

the happy camper
    I like where I'm at, right here in the middle.

Aspiring Member
    I enjoy having a foot in either gender camp. My biggest fear is that it will always defeat my relationships. My GF is a wonderful person, but she has difficulty with the subject of my transgenderism. I really want that part of me to be valued, not avoided.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    If until 6 years ago, as far as I knew, I was a guy.

Then as a bit of a joke I dressed for my wife. Within 48 hours my fem side had a name, an e-mail address, and ground rules with my loving wife for this adventure to understand "Tina". Within 6 months Tina had some clothes, breastforms, shoes, and the beginnings of makeup. She and my wife started conversations about being a girl, growing up as a girl, and being a woman...my wife enjoyed the telling and Tina was fascinated. My wife and I shared parallel stories about all facets of life and began to understand each other like never before. My wife said she expected it to just run out of gas quickly, but instead it was clear that Tina was really a part of me and was here to stay. At that point my wife and Tina started talking about me as a third person. My wife and I started to talk about Tina as a third person. We started to understand which parts of me were my fem self, and how that affected the whole.

Is being transgendered taking up my time? Is it work? Is it life-changing? Yes to all three. But, my life is immesurably better now than it was 6 years ago!!! I am healthier. I take better care of myself. I think about how I present myself in either gender. The cosmetics and skin-care products do cost a fortune, but my wife and I share them!!! My wife and I understand each other so much better, and have opened up areas of our thinking we could never have imagined even existed 6 years ago.

I love both of my genders and they have been nothing but a tremendous plus no matter how you slice it!

P.S. Oh yes, and it turns out that my lower back problems have vanished since I started wearing 4.5 inch clogs every morning!!!!!

I believe that I am privilege to be as I am, as I have the best of both worlds ,something that the ordinary man or woman will never experience, and I love it and wouldn't want to change a thing

Hugs

J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Quote Originally Posted by Nina View Post
    ... and have been unable to have a proper relationship with anyone and don’t feel I want anyone to get close to me because of what I am.
    I can't answer your question, but from across the miles, I just want to send you the biggest imaginable. You are a beautiful person and you deserve a beautiful life.
    Reine

Asking if I wish I wasn't transgendered is like asking me if I ever wish I wasn't a Mexican, or if I wish I'd had different parents. It's an interesting mental exercise, but ultimately there is nothing I can do about who and what I am. I am this.

What I wish I wasn't is a label. I wish I wasn't viewed differently and treated differently. I wish that for everyone who is like me. I can't change what I am, and I've stopped trying, but the world could certainly change how it treats me for being what I am.
    “Crossdressing. Not Wrong. Crossdressing While Robbing a Bank. Wrong.” -Jessica Who

I wish I was gay instead of being trandgendered......it would save me a ton of money on clothes, shoes, makeup, permanent hair removal,and every thing else.
    Being a girl is both fun and relaxing but sometimes challenging. But I'm not one to feel comfortable one gender only, I can handle being two genders. Hormone replacement therapy isn't necessary for me, but I certainly enjoy being a woman in public (restaurants, malls, movie theatres, clubs, supermarket, Starbucks,you name it). I try to get out as often as I can....alone or with friends.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 06-03-2011 at 05:05 PM.

I wish, I wish... I am who I am... 1. accept it, 2. live it, 3. deal with it... I think I am in zone 1!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

sometimes i wish i wasn't trans because i feel that my love life would have been smoother and i'd probably have settled into some cis family life by now but i am what i am and i've attracted others just like me or with similar problems all my life. i swing wildly at times between being absolutely thrilled that i'm really a boy inside but other times i have meltdowns over my sad life and the fact that everyone reads me wrong.

this is also a pet peeve of mine - MTF transsexuals and MTF CDs are the most disrespectful to me out of everyone, cis folks included. i can't even begin to count how many times i have been called "gf" or "girlie" or "sista" by one of these ignorant people. Cynthia-Anne, you're particularly bad at this... quit calling me female pronouns please, this is the last warning for you.

seriously, girls... if you want to be female, act more like one and have some respect for us fellas. we may be trans like you but we're not "gurls" and every other FTM i know gets sick of your ignorance when addressing us.

to those of you wonderful girls who get it right every time, you are my sisters in this mad and ignorant world and i'm pleased that you honour me with the correct pronoun of brother - thank you.
    Last edited by Areyan; 06-03-2011 at 05:28 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]~ Androgynous/FTM/Boi ~[/SIZE]

it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved as someone you're not.

Areyan's Blog

"The fool who persists in his folly will become wise" - William Blake