Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rate your passability and what you need help with

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Passing is like swimming... You either can or you can't.. Being 90% able to swim still means your going to drown if you go into the water!! Lol That said... I don't pass, imho and I don't care... As long as I look good and people don't harass me, I'm happy to go out enfemme..
    I'd have to disagree. When people are in a pool they swim, they drown and they float. I know from personal experience the GGs I sometimes see, thier looks can be very androgenous. So passing is very subjective.

I think that my passability ends after pics and video chat. I am still working on my walk and talk. But if we are just talking about pictures I think I'm an 8. As far as being outside, I've never been so let's say a 5
    Be Yourself

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I think Im a 4-5 only as Im 5'11, broad shoulders, big feet and hands! But I do make a pretty transgendered girl

Being 2,543,765.83 feet tall kinda takes me out of the realm of passability. But that's ok! I love what I do, regardless!

Good question.

To start with, there are MANY girls here that I think could pass easily that rate them selves far lower than I would rate them. I think some of us are too hard on our selves.

I'd like to think I pass, but I know I don't sometimes. I've been out quite a bit & I have always been treated as the lady I present. I would have to say I'm about a 7 on the passability scale. I've tried to ask my wife and she says she can't judge because she still sees me as the same person. I think I'll post a video here & get everyone's opinion.

but in the end, I'm glad I can just get out and enjoy presenting as the girl I like to be.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Like Kim, I would rate myself much lower than perhaps others would. I liken it to when I used to build furniture. People would gush over it, saying it was museum-quality, etc. but I would know every nick, every bad join, every warp and more. We are great at seeing our faults where others see nothing.

I am 5'10" tall. I have hands big enough for a full-octave reach or more on the piano. Though I am getting laser - and it is working great - there is still a bit of shadow on a very masculine face. I have very little fat to smooth my appearance, so every vein, muscle, and tendon just 'pops' out of my skin. With all that taken into account, I would say that my 'passing score' is around a 4-5 as a woman. As my makeup skills have increased from the disastrous attempts of my earlier outings, I get much fewer, "Whoa, dude! That's a dude!!" these days.

That said, I have another passing score; As Kathi, I pass as a perfect 10! Whether they see me as a man or as a woman, I take great pains to ensure that they see me as me. I don't try to disguise my voice or my mannerisms or anything else. What you see - whether good or bad - is what you get with me. I love it because I am comfortable as me - which is good because I don't know how to be anyone else!

Kathi

P.S. Remember that GGs are tall too. I'm 5'10" and a I wear high heels (3 inchers) most days of the week now. (Wedges are so awesome!)

Don't let being tall make you feel less womanly.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Even though I'm tall and fairly heavy I can sometimes pass (especially at night) as long as I don't have to talk....
    Karen, I think after looking at your pictures that you are close to a 9 or 10 as far as passing. I don't know about your voice but you do look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    On a beach in a swimsuit…. 0
    On the street in a Burka….. 10
    In a fashion mall mall where 50% of the people aren’t looking at you anyways…… 5
    Walmart ….. 7
    In a restaurant where the waiter/waitress is bucking for a big tip….. 9
    In a restaurant where the waiter/waitress’s tip just went to diddly …… 0

My sentiments exactly! This weekend at a restaurant my wife noticed a group of ladies seated at a table close to ours (I was in boy mode) and said are those men? All of them had on cute little hats -- I answered "If they are there doing a good job" --well they were not CD's; my wifes radar is up all the time! The fact is it can be hard to tell and I like to put myself in this catagory -- as for a number ? not sure. My wife says I look like a man in a dress, my sister-in-law discribed a pic of me as a Kim Novak look alike - so if it's a number maybe a 5
    As what areas I need help with,voice and all maner of male dead give aways that we all stumble over when trying to present as female
    Last edited by Debra Russell; 06-06-2011 at 11:48 AM.

I agree with Karren...

When somebody passes (on), they are dead.

You can't be "a little bit" dead. You either "passed on" or you are alive.

It is not a judgement you can personally surmise. It is based upon the acceptance by outsiders. "Beauty is always through the eyes of the beer-holder, er, ah...beholder.

It is sort of like asking somebody if they think they should be President, lol.

Last edited by eluuzion; 06-06-2011 at 12:30 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can fool some of the people all of the time

I can fool all of the people some of the time

No way could I fool all of the people all the time

All I can do is look my best and hope I get treated with respect
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

0/10. I'm 60lbs away from my goal of 140lbs. Face looks fat and belly is fat. I guess I'm normal weight for males my age, but that isn't who I want to be.

At 60 its getting more and more difficult to look the way I like to look I'm very fortunate to be 5'9" medium frame with small hands that in now way could ever palm more than a soccerball at most. With artificial nails they look quite feminine. My weight could stand to be about 25 lbs less but it hides very well in a tightlaced corset and I still need to pad the hips. I have totally passed and really had people shocked when I tell them I am male and on the very same day seen GG's whispering to their husbands about me (suspecting they read me). I do enjoy dressing a little more provocative than most GG's of my age so that could contribute to me not passing as well as I might.

I think I have the mannerisms down pretty well as in walking with shorter steps holding my shoulders back and my head up plus keeping my arms closer to my body. so many men walk like weight lifters. Key here is wherever you are to act like you own the place. Shyness gives you away faster than anything. I'm also fortunate that my beard has always been very light in color so I don't have a shadow. Arm hair is also light in color but heavier than most GG's so I try to keep it trimmed but not shaved, thus making winter dressing a lot easier to pass than summer.

Most of us here only know each other from avatars and photos so its mostly our faces and hair that can be critiqued. Makeup application and color is so important. It has to be the correct color for your skin tone and eye color Eye brows are critical as well. I'm so glad to see those very thin eyebrows starting to become less popular on most GG's. A nice smile and white teeth also help the illusion. I get compliments all the time on my "beautiful smile" when I am on cam and as I have mentioned before I've received out of the blue compliments on my hair (wigs) from total strangers while out. Voice is somewhat important. while mine is by no means very feminine it is also not real deep and masculine unless I try to make it that way. I have several conversations with others while out en femme and no one acts surprized just by hearing my voice.

This leaves the one thing I personally think has helped me the most. I've said here before if I can at a minium make others think that perhaps I just used to be a man but not anymore I feel great. What does that the most is my ability to create believable cleavage. I feel very blessed that I can make my chest look as though I have natural breast or had implants. They really do draw attention away from the rest of me without looking unreal or out of place for my size. I try to show my cleavage tastefully leaving it to the imigination of those noticing it if its real or not.

If I could do anything at all to look more passable it would be perhaps botox on some wrinkels and laughlines and to lose some weight so I could look all the time like I do when corseted. I am afraid if I lost 25 lbs my cleavage would suffer but I could compensate somehow for that.

Also agree with several others here that what enviroment you in makes a huge differance in passablity. Darker clubs being best daytime in the park where others are overly protective of watching out for weirdos the hardest

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I would say that I dont pass do to my chin (manly) my adams apple (not huge but is there for sure) lack of hips and butt. The fact that I am 6 2" with a weight hovering around 200 I would like to lose about 20 more lbs bringing me to 180. I am a size 12/14 when I am dressing and I think I blend pretty good. I recently got to test that theory and I have to say I loved it, I am pretty sure that the guy hosts at the restaurant noticed but Whatever, The waitress we had was very nice to me. So I will give myself a 5 on passability. Either I do or I don't but does it really matter as long as we are happy. Blendability I would rate myself a 7.5
    But as Shenanigans stated women come in all different sizes, shapes, weights, facial structure. We are all unique and we should all just be ourselves. I think we all tend to think passability has to be on the lines of say Megan Fox, Heather Locklear, Helen Hunt, But then again we have Rosie Odonell, Roseanne, and any other woman out there that might have a bit more masculine aspects. But in all this my confidence is rising about being around others. Oh yeah my voice in person I guess is also very good so I will give that an 8. that gives me an average of 6.8

Quote Originally Posted by Kerigirl2009 View Post
    But then again we have Rosie Odonell, Roseanne, and any other woman out there that might have a bit more masculine aspects. But in all this my confidence is rising about being around others.
    Well said Keri. At best most of us can only hope to look average and there are a lot of attractive average women out there

My passing or not passing has only been tested a few times. And the places were clubs where gays, straight men and women and TGs gather together. One night a TS friend of mine went over to talk to a man that she knew. He said to her," please tell me that gorgous blond you are sitting with is not one of you." So if it's a dark club, I guess I'm about an 8. But in bright lights or daytime, the best Icould hope for is a 2...IF THAT. LOL

Haydée (pronounced Heidi) silhouette's Avatar
    Don't forget to add velocity to the equation.... The faster you go in relation to the viewer, the more passable you are?
    exactly. also if they're asian. white ppl all look the same to them.

I think that I possibly could be a 7 out of 10 as I have had great comments on my photos. I try to be more causal when I dress, and don't overdo the makeup. I am at least 6ft. 2in. in my boots and shoes, but I do not have real broad shoulders. I always try to keep my weight in check.

built like a tackle on the football team (no never played it), at 5-10 200+ pounds hard to hide. would rather be 5-1 and 100 pounds dripping wet.
    for tops i must have a 22 or a xl, and for skirts a size 12.
    but if only to just be treated as dressed would be the best one could ask for. and so far no problems to speak of.

Loni

I gotta say passibilty is a myth I don't think there's really anything to it now days. Back in 2007 when I joined this this site I personally NEVER believed I could pass less along survive if I transitioned. Now days my attitude has changed dramatically. For One once I decided to grow my hair out back in 07. (almost a full year and a half before if started my transition) people would always call me ma'am or miss. And it actually got to a point where I became really uncomfortable using public restrooms as if I was coming out as someone was coming in they always had to do a double take at the restroom sign. That wouldn't have been so bad if I hadnt always been in drab at the time and a trucker. So if I had to rate myself I would have to say a solid 9 or 10. I don't even have to try to pass or hide anything. I'm just me the girl I should have always been. And personally I say the hell with What other people think all that really matters is that your happy being you.
    [SIZE="3"]"All I Know is that the choices we make dictate the life's we live, to thy ownself be True." Danny DeVieto Reinassance Man[/SIZE]

Ashley Lynn

This link was removed as we do not allow personal business websites without permission

Passing is like swimming... You either can or you can't.. Being 90% able to swim still means your going to drown if you go into the water!! Lol That said... I don't pass, imho and I don't care... As long as I look good and people don't harass me, I'm happy to go out enfemme..
    Hear, hear Karren...my sentiments exactly. While I might think I'm a 7 I'm prejudiced. I just want to look my best and be out and about without being giggled at, pointed to all the time or harassed in any way. Just let me shop till I drop and I'm a happy gal.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I wouldn't even guess what my "Pass" marks are,for if I aim too high,Ppl will probably go "no you bloody aint" At a push I think on a good day,I would be a 3.
    My biggest preblem Even after 10 years of dressing,and/or going out Is that I still haven't mastered Foundation,still get the shadow showing thru AND it grows that damned fast.
    If I can feel confident going out that is the best I can achieve and am happy with that

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I have no idea on a 1-10 scale and tend not to worry about where I fall but instead just dress to fit in with those around me which seems to work the majority of the day and night.
    SRS January 27

How passable? I couldn't pass in a coal mine during a blackout while there was a total eclipse.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Well Shananigans when I went to that CD gathering, I was the tallest, and the one I was chatting with the most was "I had no idea how tall you are". LOL. Yes I was in heels, and I was tall. Didn't matter cause yes there are some tall women out there, and they are gorgeous too.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.