Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you like to try RLT for a week?

Would you like to try RLT for a week?

I have always wanted to spend a week or even a month as a woman. I'd love to have the opportunity to work in my field or something related, as a transgendered woman. In my day dream I would move to another city for a while, get or share an apartment, and try life as a woman.

Realizing that people would know that I am a transgendered woman, but spending the time living, working, building relationships.

I enjoy my days spent enfemme, but they don't seem to be enough lately.

Does anyone feel the same way?

Did it for three years. After about a month, it just became normal. By the end of the third year it was a chore to contort and coerce this mostly male body into the bright, young 20-something girl I was living as then. For the most part, once the initial thrill/fear/nerves wear off, you simply adjust to your life albeit in women's clothes. In time, the clothes become unimportant and the identity becomes unimportant, you simply live, work, try to have a home life, and do what everybody else does. There's just as much boredom, loneliness, hurt and happiness, fun, and friends when you're living as a woman as their is when you live as a man.

In short, it's your approach to life and living that make any day good or bad, sad or fulfilling. What you wear as you approach life certainly affects how much and what kind of effort you're going to put into living, but it all becomes everyday life eventually and who you always have been is who you will always be regardless of your outer appearance.

That's just my experience. Those years were good and they were bad and they were normal in spite of how abnormal they may seem to the average person living an average life.

Much love!
    “Crossdressing. Not Wrong. Crossdressing While Robbing a Bank. Wrong.” -Jessica Who

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Yes, I know how you feel. even though I have started HRT, RLT is still a ways off for me.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Thanks what an insightful answer, what a great expereince, to have been able to live and see life from that perspective

I am not interested in transitions--my dressing is only part-time recreational! However, I would love the opportunity to live fully dressed for a week. I have hoped to attend one of the gender conventions which would be a safe environment.

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCD View Post
    In short, it's your approach to life and living that make any day good or bad, sad or fulfilling. What you wear as you approach life certainly affects how much and what kind of effort you're going to put into living, but it all becomes everyday life eventually and who you always have been is who you will always be regardless of your outer appearance.
    That's a lot of wisdom packed into one short paragraph.

I think a week would be a fun vacation, and I would really enjoy it. Full time would be like working at Disney World. After awhile, it would be just another job. By the end of a month dressing full time, I wouldn't have magically become "Sophie", I would just be the everyday me wearing a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie86 View Post
    I wouldn't have magically become "Sophie", I would just be the everyday me wearing a dress.
    I often wonder, if transitoned transgendered women, after a number of years, look in the mirror and feel that magic still?

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    This is the "million-dollar question" after all: How do we really want our feminine and masculine lives to interact? I could see a week being fun, but more as a Tina vacation. For the long haul it might be better, in my mind, to have 3 or 4 days in each gender as that would be enough time to accomplish some goal in each gender before moving on to the other!

Having said that, I think that all the posters so far have made it clear that as life in one gender or the other becomes a norm, perspective changes, and so would how the two genders are treated

tina

Well, you would certainly find out, or get more insight into, if you want to transition totally if you did it.

Gold Member
    Yeah like GMCD said - well I could repeat all that but it is true.

I will reiterate tho that it becomes more of a chore than anything.

You just kind of quit caring about the clothes and makeup. I mean once in a while it is still nice to get pretty like for a date or whatever but yeah mostly it is like "So what?"

And interesting she pointed out about "identity". By the time you are "full time" or whatever, you really do quit obsessing about identity. If you pass, great, if not, oh well. Yeah getting called "he" is sometimes annoying but it doesn't shatter your whole world after a while like it would in the beginning.

On any given day you will find me in shorts and a tee. Maybe a pretty shorts and tee but COMFORT becomes the name of the game.

CD's envy full time TS. "Oh they are lucky to do this all the time".

Well let me tell you my TS perspective - I envy the CDs cause they can still enjoy dressing and all that. I WISH I could still get a rush out of all the "firsts" and the monthly TG meetings but these days, it is like, "yeah whatever".
    For the TG here who wish they could do it for a whole week, month, lifetime, etc - You ain't missing anything.

When you turned 21 and could legally buy beer, that was cool at first but after a point it is like, "Yeah whatever, I am buying beer".
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    A week..No! A Month No...A Year No...A Lifetime...? Or what is still left of it....YES!
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

I would love to be able to dress and stay dressed as a female for a month or more. Part of me is now wondering if I am a transseaxual not just a crossdresser.
    Amanda

Banned Read only
    I would love to be en femme or dressed as Tara for a whole week. It's so relaxing and it also seems so natural for me. But being married, and for my wife's sake, I only dress or am Tara about once every two weeks or so...........love & respect..Tara

It seems that one of the big problems mentioned is "forcing" the male body to appear feminine. Real girls go out looking plain and frumpy all the time yet most have a unified identity as female. I''m sure when a girl dresses its not a rush like Cd's get but just a way of spiffing up and feeling pretty. I don't get too much of a rush from dressing anymore. It just seems to fit who I am and what I want to be. Genetics and reality contradict it. I think it would be nice if I was a true female in Los angeles today frumpy, sexy, or whatever. I feel that it suits me. I can't debate those who have gone all the way though. You clearly know more than I do. All this is just conjecture.

Hi Paula,

My wife will be going out of town for about 5 days at the end of the month for a trip down memory lane with other family members to reconnect with former friends and acquaintances in the town were she was born and grew up in.

That's as close as I will get in the short term for any semblance of a RLT experience, but I plan to make the most of it - mani/pedi (and I can even keep the polish on this time!), makeover, and remaining fully en femme the whole time. I might even work up the courage to have a professional photo shoot done if time and finances permit.

My only concern is how well my face will stand up to the repeated uber close shaving all that will entail...

The only way I would consider it is if I didn't have to shave twice a day. That tends to get in your way.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I've done 3 or 4 days full time enfemme and it is way too much like work! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yeah, I could do a whole week.

The three & a half days Thurs/fri/sat/sun) I was at the Keystone Conference in Harrisburg, Pa. last March en femme was so much fun, I left the hotel and drove the 3 hour drive home en femme, and when I finally changed to my civilian clothes to go to work Monday morning, I felt really depressed.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 06-07-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Even though I average 3 or 4 events as Sally a month I find often that its not enough. The longest I have gone dressed is 3-4days. Yes, its a little like work toward the end, but you know why? Most of the stress comes from removing the hair and working at making this male body look female. With those items removed from the equation it would be much more enjoyable in the long term. Would I wear skirts and dresses every day? Of course not. Neither would I just go for comfort and ditch the makeup. I enjoy looking good even if I'm not dressed to the nines. I'm not easily jaded. Things that I love and enjoy don't lose their sparkle for me when I do them more often, or every day.

I know at some point that I'll be semi retired. Then I would like to try a few weeks or a month as Sally. Maybe I'll be done with electrolysis by then.
    Last edited by Sally24; 06-07-2011 at 08:45 PM.
    Sally

I would love to try it for a week. I've actually discussed this with my spouse and she's been receptive to us taking a vacation somewhere that I could try it 24/7 for a week. I'm not looking to make it permanent, but it would be great to experience that amount of time without the need to revert to my male self. I'd be able to get my nails done for the trip and just let go for a week...we'll see.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Like GMCD, I did it for almost 5 years and as she said, after a month or so, it just became "normal"...fun...a fantisy...a dream come true...but normal. After about 4 or 5 months, everyone treated me just like a GG (especially new employees who didn't know I wasn't a GG) and in all honesty, I considered myself a girl...just something extra. About 6 months after I transitioned, I got a promotion that required me to "dress" for work every day...dresses, skirts...rarely a pant suit..so it became a chore...one that I did enjoy but it was still work to look "pretty" everyday. Hormones took care of any shaving...except the legs and underarms...But in any case, it was life as usual just from the female perspective. For the most part, I was the "girl" in my marriage as my wife rarely wore anything but jeans and t-shirts or sweat shirts. The hard part was when I transitioned back to male...to me thinking like a "guy" was VERY difficult to do and took a long time before I felt I thought/responded as a ""guy" would in situations (to me anyway) - lots of other comments but the gist is there....

Jenn

i would love to be given the chance to live as loni non stop for a year or ?
    but i need a job that pays.
    i do get the chance soon to be loni for a good four or five days non stop. out in the big bold world even. some places pro trans-gendered, some not ... not a hateful place but just out as a lady for the day.

now if only i could get my voice to be right.

I would in a heartbeat. If I could get up in the morning and live either the next month or year as a woman I would and would not even think twice about it. As I have already said in a an earlier post, I'm starting thearpy next week so I'm thinking I might get the chance to do some RLT soon ( I HOPE!)

Quote Originally Posted by GMCD View Post
    After about a month, it just became normal. By the end of the third year it was a chore to contort and coerce this mostly male body into the bright, young 20-something girl I was living as then. For the most part, once the initial thrill/fear/nerves wear off, you simply adjust to your life albeit in women's clothes. In time, the clothes become unimportant and the identity becomes unimportant, you simply live, work, try to have a home life, and do what everybody else does. There's just as much boredom, loneliness, hurt and happiness, fun, and friends when you're living as a woman as their is when you live as a man.
    That pretty much sums up what I suspected. So, no, I'll pass on living as a tg old ugly woman. Unless magically I could be a real one......a real, young, pretty one.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Amazing Member
    Life in the opposite gender is not a bowl of cherries though, as some might assume. Ask me how I know!