Thread: Bipolar? Insomniac? Etc.

Bipolar? Insomniac? Etc.

I have a strong feeling that a good number of us:

- are bipolar,
    - have trouble sleeping,
    and
    - have strong, charismatic personalities and a fair amount of intellect.

We dare to step the line and be completely true to ourselves, and with that mindset, I'd venture to say that there are other... traits(?) that set us apart from your average Joe or Jo Lisa.

Any other gals and boys fascinated by psychology and human behavior are highly encouraged to jump in =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Well 1 out of three ain't bad.

I am not now nor have ever been bipolar. Bisexual yes.
    I have never had problems sleeping except when work interfears and my lunch is on the line.
    I do have a strong, charismatic personality and a fair amount of intellect, so I am told.

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Does a 153 on the Wechsler scale count as a higher intellect....? I am not talking about an Internet I.Q. test either BTW.

I am somewhat opinionated and I do suffer from occasional bouts of insomnia...as for the Bi-Polar thing....Never had it.
    Last edited by Wendy_Marie; 06-09-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

I do have trouble sleeping. I do have a rather intellect(the same as Einstein).

I am bipolar and was the reason I was discharged from the army. Interesting story. When I signed they said it was not a problem. T my 5 year physical it was not a problem. When I was called up I told them and they asked if I made through Basic ok and I said yes. I had an incident with a fellow soldier got sent to a counselor who sent me to a military psychiatrist who diagnoses me with Type 2 Biplorism and starts the discharge procedure. So yeah I am Bipolar.
    Add me to facebook if you want: http://www.facebook.com/hobbitprincess
    "Never thought I would be here, so high in the air
    This is my unanswered prayer
    Defined by another, so much wasted time
    Out of the darkness, each breath that I take will be mine." -Waterproof Blondes, "Just Close Your Eyes"

Hi, *kira* ! Thanks for the words to ponder! Just wanted to add the creativity trait to the list!
    Hugs, Markiana
    [SIZE="3"]We are beautiful..and we are worth it![/SIZE]
    Vintage Slips

w00t!! Got one of each ^_^

I am not now nor have ever been bipolar. Bisexual yes.
    Interesting you'd mentioned that. I had always wondered how much of an impact transgenderism had on sexual preference. By the way, so am I =]

Does a 153 on the Wechsler scale count as a higher intellect....? I am not talking about an Internet I.Q. test either BTW.
    Um, yes. Indeed it does! I think I received "ur a jeenyus" on a Facebook quiz one time; does that count? ;D

Sophora - Sporadically for about two years, I'd always receive recruitment calls. I learned the trick after the third call: "Hi! I'm bipolar, and I love a man in uniform."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Markiana View Post
    Hi, *kira* ! Thanks for the words to ponder! Just wanted to add the creativity trait to the list!
    Hugs, Markiana
    Great point!! CDing and emotionally surviving as a transgendered person absolutely requires a great deal of it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GypsyKaren
    I'm extremely bipolar, have hyper-insomnia, quite charismatic for a giraffe, and the intellect depends on which doorknobs you compare me to...but I always got a smile on my face!

Karen Starlene

Bipolar no. I'm more of a monopole, always miserable, lol. Insomniac, heck yes. Had trouble sleeping all my life and recently it has got to the point that I'm getting about 12 hours a week. I *do* have the added complication that I have to look after my mother who has alzheimers and needs almost constant attention. Charismatic - I seriously doubt it but I did pass the Mensa entrance exam. Creative, possibly. I love to cook and to make things and work with my hands.

Who here will be the first to admit they are of limited intellect lol!
    I'm a genius!
    I sleep like a rock but rise very early 3:30 - 4:00 am
    Never by-polar
    Extremely creative and the most humble!
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Definitely not bipolar

Do have trouble sleeping at the right time of day

Not sure about the charisma or the intellect, but fairly strong personality

Not particularly creative, but I am very empathetic
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Hi ,

Kelsy,

limited interlect yes i have, dyslixa learning detail all my life could not read spell or write till last 3 years of school & then failed in most of school tho was 2 nd to top in our building 1963 when i left. age 16,
    intersex, left handed , depresson first hand very short time. clever with my hands make any thing in steel or wood.

charimatic. hmmm . talking in front of 1000.s of people depending on the subject no probs , photographic memory,
    The I Q tests i wont do them.

& the most importaint thing is being a woman. apart from that im a nut case & insane. he he ......

...noeleena...

not quite insomina but I can't sleep before midnight usually 1 and only get about 5 hours sleep, and everyone tell me that I'm smart so I guess that puts me in 2/3 of your question.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    I know what bipolar is..and I'm not..so why do you think that in context of your OP????
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

i slept 2 hours last nite..if that

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    i slept 2 hours last nite..if that
    Less party, more sleep!!!

3 out of 3 for me. Been bi polar all my life, but it took my ex-fiance to point it out to me. Never been able to sleep well. Most nights end around 4 or 5 am, then I'm up at 10. Intelligence... does teaching ones self computer coding at age 7 and more recently how to design electronics, both without outside help, fit the bill? :P

i wish it was a party..just me and my pillow..then me and the tv..then me and a video game..then it was 4am

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    i wish it was a party..just me and my pillow..then me and the tv..then me and a video game..then it was 4am
    I've read that mixing TV/video games etc... in the same place you sleep is a bad idea as it does cause you you have trouble sleeping (that said I do that too and while I do have trouble sleeping it do get more than 2 hours sleep) I hope things improve for you.

actually what happens in insomnia sometimes for me is i lay in bed mind racing... so i get up and do something until i'm tired again and try to fall right asleep..
    if i'm not asleep in 15 minutes, i get up again... laying there "trying" to sleep is torture...sometimes i take clonazapam but i had to get up this morning so i decided to just ride it out...

my sleep problem is intermittent.... usually when i have a bad night or two, i sleep like a baby the next night..the trick is staying up all day..

I have some sleep issues. Sometimes I can't fall asleep, but when I do I'm out and I often have troubles waking up and staying alert during the day. At night though if active I can stay awake pretty long, it really is varied though, sometimes I'll fall asleep early when watching TV.

I think I have some symptoms of being Bi-Polar. I know I have some major depression issues, but I can go into a manic stage pretty quickly and do some stupid things. Depression runs in my family as well.

I'd like to think that I'm pretty intellectual (with the exception of spelling...Love spell check). I know my parents and sister are very smart, very well educated, so I'd like to think it runs in the genes.

Charismatic? I have my moments. I can also be very creative. Not so much in the artistic sense, but I have a very good creative mind and entrepreneurial spirit to me.

Not really sure how bipolar = trans.

It's always a pet peeve of mine when I hear people talk about being bipolar as something cool. Not trying to cause any trouble, but, for me, being bipolar has not made my life any better. In fact, I would be extremely happy to leave my bipolar disorder at the door and forget about it for the rest of my life.

As for being super-smart- not so much

And since I have been taking my meds as prescribed, I don't really have a problem with insomnia.
    Maybe I'm a little creative. Maybe.

Oh, by the way, I'm Sofia. I really am friendly and actually a bit shy. Sorry if I come off as a little snot.

Left handed aspergers, artistic - if i could be bothered to pick up a paintbrush again.
    ... [SIZE="2"]One perfect day[/SIZE]

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i don't see the connection between bipolar and being transsexual

My spouse is MTF. Prior to learning this, he was diagnosed as bipolar. The doctors now say maybe it was the TS and hiding it that was the problem and have taken her off the medication. I think she is still bipolar. She is also genius level IQ and I have always found her interesting and charasmatic; he didn't feel that way but she does. Sleeping has never been a problem for my spouse. I am the insomniac.