Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I envy the ability to become someone else for awhile. Well, she's not really someone else since she is the same person he is inside, but you know what I mean. I would like to derive as much sheer pleasure out of transforming myself as she does when she dresses. That's got to add a kick to life!

Also, I'd love to have the financial resources to put a premium on pretty clothes, shoes, and jewelry, without feeling guilty about it. I've rarely been able to indulge without feeling as if I am being extravagant, even during the pre-kids phase of my life when all I had to think of was myself. There were just so many other things to do with the money.
    I find your envy about being able to be someone else for awhile interesting Reine. Can't you become someone else for awhile too? not sure it has to be crossdressing, but maybe become a cowgirl, waitress, maid or whatever type of person you might like to be for awhile. Not sure iwouldld be the same thing since we are compelled to dress and act like women where-as, I'm sure most GG's are not compelled to be someone else the same way we TG's do. So I wonder...can't you transform yourself to be someone else too?

I envy the simple fact that GG's can wear a skirt, dress omultitudetude of different style pants from flared leg to jeans and no one thinks less of you. I envy that you can wear makeup to look your best or not wear it and no one takes a second look to humiliate you or think you are strange in any way. I guess what I'm saying is I envy the very wide choice in clothes for GG's that are perfectly acceptable in public.
    As for jealousy...NO, I am not the least bit jealous of my SO in any way. And I know there is nothing about me for her to be jealous about either.

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    But, it does deal with the tired notion that CDs are sexier than their wives. lol
    That's emphatically not the case around here.

I also asked how she would compare if she exercised and also ramped up her wardrobe, bought all the pretty underthings, had makeovers, did her hair, nails, practiced walking in heels, etc, how would she then compare? She hadn't thought of that either.
    Good point!

Brandy, I'd like to be able to somehow put myself in a joyful "space" (I should have said this instead of 'transforming'), to the same degree and with the same level of thrill and self-fulfillment as I read many CDers derive from the dressing. I could have sorely used such an outlet in the last few years.

I suppose it is achievable through some disciplines, yoga perhaps, but this does take years of practice and it doesn't guarantee the same level of bliss. Some people can throw themselves into a discipline they love, such as music or art, where they can forget all their cares and just "be", but I do think this is rare for the average person. Art can transform me spiritually in the same way, but unfortunately I need to be free of cares and worries in order to get there, so I haven't been able to use Art in the last few years in order to "transform" myself, or rather, my mood. The inspiration was gone.

I've seen my SO positively aglow with being who she is, no matter what was going on in her life, and I've only experienced something like this a few times in my life: marriage, childbirth, the flush of 'new love' with my SO, major successes at work. It would be nice to have the ability to reach this 'space' on a daily basis just by changing my clothes. I don't say this with any negative undertones. It really is enviable.

As to GGs being allowed to wear makeup and skirts, it is a little besides the point I was making, but yes, it is unfortunate that some CDers are occasionally met with derision when they dress. But not all CDs are. My SO goes out several times per week in full makeup and in beautiful clothes and she is always treated with utmost respect. She even has become friends with the people who frequent the same places she goes to. You should try it sometime!
    Reine

Hi Jaelle,

Being as you're new I've got to clue you in. HA Ha , Really You'll get a kick out of this

SOME of the gals here really do think they look better... are "sexier" ... are prettyer,...on and on , than their wifes or the random women on the street. . I'm serious ! No kidding .
    This is where you came in , when the ykw hit the fan.

I do welcome you and I hope you like it here , I'm truelly glad you came, And I'm sure given time you too will know the diamonds and the nuts.

Jealousy is a 4 letter word ... WHAT ?????
    Presh GG

I will admit I am jealous of my SO's legs they are gorgeous.

Be careful GG Kathy! When you say something like this around here, it can be taken entirely out of context by some.
    Reine