Thread: The Male Funk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Male Funk

As many of you know, I spend a lot of time out as Michelle. I also have little fear left to go anywhere or do anything as Michelle. With that said, I have hit that period in my life where the male side is back taking over. I have hit no desire to go out dressed. I even throw away the catalogs as soon as they come in and considering growing a goatee. I am just going with it because I have zero desire to dress at the moment and can't really explain why.

I am even considering a trip to United Kingdom in September and was orignially planning to do the entire trip as Michelle. If this funk doesn't go away before then then the trip will be in male mode.

Anybody else hit these kind of change after being very out and about for a long period of time?
    Michelle

To be honest Michelle I hope I never do. It would be a massive part of my life gone.
    Tell me, are you happy? That’s what counts.

SUZY

Has this ever happened to you before? It comes and goes and sometimes I relate it to "life" getting in the way, sometimes it just doesn't happen and as time goes on so does the opportunity. If this happens I get in a state of doldrums and the urge fades into the background untill the stars all align and allows the pink fog to catch up! -- Hope it catches up to you before your trip so you can look at Michelle in the mirror again................Debra

Platinum Member
    I haven't been "out" to the extent you are, but I can relate to an occassional loss of interest...usually, as Deb describes it, as life getting in the way. It usually happens when people are around who aren't aware of my other side or if I have to work away from home - and have to be "male". I don't enjoy dressing a hour here and an hour there. I prefer living it. So during periods like that, it just doesn't seem worth dressing up.

The funny thing is that yes I am happy. I always thought that I wouldn't be, but I am. I am most curious about what part balance is my life plays in this. I found sometime back that I am the same regardless of what I wear. Now I question if that balance is allowing me to move on with my life without the internal conflicts.
    Michelle

For me it's more of a case that I want to be Maddie, or really myself. However I agree with Debra life gets in the way in addition I despise the whole routine of having to disguise my physical maleness. It really gets to me and I wish I didn't have to.

Make sure there's nothing medical going on!! Just saying but changes in your body can manifest itself in changes likes and dislikes. Mine went away for 10 years, gradually only to find out I had a brain tumor. Prolactinoma. Who's successful treatment brought crossdressing back with a vengeance. A few months may be too short of time to tell but just keep that in the back of your mind... If it goes on longer.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Make sure there's nothing medical going on!! Just saying but changes in your body can manifest itself in changes likes and dislikes. Mine went away for 10 years, gradually only to find out I had a brain tumor. Prolactinoma. Who's successful treatment brought crossdressing back with a vengeance. A few months may be too short of time to tell but just keep that in the back of your mind... If it goes on longer.
    Good advice Karren but aren’t you looking a little bit on the black side?
    You will scare her to death!

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    Anybody else hit these kind of change after being very out and about for a long period of time?
    I'm not very out and about, like you are, but I get out on occasion and I've experienced the pendulum swing. I think of it in terms of the Yin/Yang wheel. It's constantly turning. One week the female side is up, and a week or two later it's down. Laissez les femmes temps rouler (et rétourner toujours).