Thread: Starting from the beginning x

Starting from the beginning x

Hi - Can anyone help please.....?
    Is there a simple/single reference source or advice for Hormones and surgery (facial and SRS) in one place where I can have a good browse and make some informed choices.

I have finally decided to totally commit and go down the total transition path, partly by being inspired by the many amazing people on this site.

I have drawn strength and encouragement from the wisdom and know-how from many of the contributors on here and after years of worrying about finances, family, jobs etc etc etc have realised that its time for me now and have joined my first TS support group on the South Coast of England - first group meeting this week - v exciting...!!

It would just be great to have all the sage advice distilled into one place - Thanks for any help xxxx

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Sorry, I can't give you a single source for all the answers, but I can suggest a few helpful resources:

You can find the Standards of Care at WPATH.org

Lots of helpful information and advice at www.tsroadmap.com

And of course, let's not forget the Transsexual Forum on this very site
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    The Body Issues forum is more appropriate for some of the questions.

I agree with Sandra and Rianna as well. You can join the MtF Safe Haven group on this forum as well. I'd say find a Counselor/Therapist first thing. They might also have some resources for transitioning.

I agree with Maddie in that you need to find a counselor ASAP. Saying that you are totally committed to transitioning and then needing more information doesn't seem logical to me. You should have all that information on hand before making such a decision.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]