Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Male Funk

The Male Funk

As many of you know, I spend a lot of time out as Michelle. I also have little fear left to go anywhere or do anything as Michelle. With that said, I have hit that period in my life where the male side is back taking over. I have hit no desire to go out dressed. I even throw away the catalogs as soon as they come in and considering growing a goatee. I am just going with it because I have zero desire to dress at the moment and can't really explain why.

I am even considering a trip to United Kingdom in September and was orignially planning to do the entire trip as Michelle. If this funk doesn't go away before then then the trip will be in male mode.

Anybody else hit these kind of change after being very out and about for a long period of time?
    Michelle

To be honest Michelle I hope I never do. It would be a massive part of my life gone.
    Tell me, are you happy? That’s what counts.

SUZY

Has this ever happened to you before? It comes and goes and sometimes I relate it to "life" getting in the way, sometimes it just doesn't happen and as time goes on so does the opportunity. If this happens I get in a state of doldrums and the urge fades into the background untill the stars all align and allows the pink fog to catch up! -- Hope it catches up to you before your trip so you can look at Michelle in the mirror again................Debra

Platinum Member
    I haven't been "out" to the extent you are, but I can relate to an occassional loss of interest...usually, as Deb describes it, as life getting in the way. It usually happens when people are around who aren't aware of my other side or if I have to work away from home - and have to be "male". I don't enjoy dressing a hour here and an hour there. I prefer living it. So during periods like that, it just doesn't seem worth dressing up.

The funny thing is that yes I am happy. I always thought that I wouldn't be, but I am. I am most curious about what part balance is my life plays in this. I found sometime back that I am the same regardless of what I wear. Now I question if that balance is allowing me to move on with my life without the internal conflicts.
    Michelle

For me it's more of a case that I want to be Maddie, or really myself. However I agree with Debra life gets in the way in addition I despise the whole routine of having to disguise my physical maleness. It really gets to me and I wish I didn't have to.

Make sure there's nothing medical going on!! Just saying but changes in your body can manifest itself in changes likes and dislikes. Mine went away for 10 years, gradually only to find out I had a brain tumor. Prolactinoma. Who's successful treatment brought crossdressing back with a vengeance. A few months may be too short of time to tell but just keep that in the back of your mind... If it goes on longer.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Make sure there's nothing medical going on!! Just saying but changes in your body can manifest itself in changes likes and dislikes. Mine went away for 10 years, gradually only to find out I had a brain tumor. Prolactinoma. Who's successful treatment brought crossdressing back with a vengeance. A few months may be too short of time to tell but just keep that in the back of your mind... If it goes on longer.
    Good advice Karren but aren’t you looking a little bit on the black side?
    You will scare her to death!

I'm betting you'd look so cute with a goatee Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Good advice Karren but aren’t you looking a little bit on the black side?
    You will scare her to death!
    In two words... HELL NO!! I like to think of it as the informed side.... If you had 2 brain tumors in 6 years you would want to know all of the potential impacts no mater how small.. Not being a hypochondriac here but you need to pay attention to what your body is telling you. I now do...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I like your approach Michelle. Maybe it is just your mind telling you too much too soon and too fast. It just needs to take a break and will back soon. You have really accelerated your female life style in the last year and maybe it is just a mental pause before the next phase. It may also be a way that your mind is telling you to slow down and enjoy all life has to offer you in both modes. Enjoy and keep on smiling!

I kinda go through the same thing, but it's more seasonal for me. Danielle comes out more during the colder months and a lot less this time of year. During winter I might dress 3 or 4 days a week and during summer, it's more like 1 or 2 times a month, and sometimes less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    In two words... HELL NO!! I like to think of it as the informed side.... If you had 2 brain tumors in 6 years you would want to know all of the potential impacts no mater how small.. Not being a hypochondriac here but you need to pay attention to what your body is telling you. I now do...
    I don't think anything is wrong with me. I have done this before I accepted myself and never thought it would reappear. I put the female stuff away for years. I just don't know this time except that I am not throwing away a single thing. No more purging.

Karen I hope that you are finished with the brain tumors.
    Michelle

Aspiring Member
    I think that it comes with age. Sometimes I just feel too tired to get myself all prepped up to go out as Annie but when I do get energy to get myself ready to go out shopping I am excited just like the first time I ventured out. Check out the weather where you will be traveling and buy yourself a couple of new outfits for your trip. Save them for your trip and I think you will find the same excitement and anticipation you once had. I think we all go through this "phase" and perhaps it is because we do so many things alone and don't have someone to dress for or to look forward to. I think all women go through this as well. Good luck, I hope that is passes!

I have felt the Male Funk several times. I ask a question just a month ago about "What exactly do you want to achieve crossdressing" because I was wondering were do I go from here?

Michelle I suggest you think about that question. If your like me and you are completely comfortable presenting en femme but you have no desire to be full time then where else is there to go with your crossdressing. Perhaps without realizing it you have reached your goal, experienced all the thrill of getting there and now are realizing all the time and effort you put into transforming each time you do is just no longer satisfying. Especially if your the same person (as I am) in either form of dress. It's like for years we have risked a lot for the temporary reward and so now the reward is demininshed in some way

I'm sure I'll get some flack for this next statement, I don't mean to put any females down in any way, Perhaps we are approaching the same place many GG's get to when they don't want to fix their hair and do their makeup to the nines everyday. The just want to be themselves.

Michelle if your comfortable at this stage of your life being yourself and have now decided that the need to express your feminine side by dressing the part is not as important as it once was then good for you. I think if you accept that and keep all your female stuff for those occasions when you do feel the need, you can be content.

If more of us reach an understanding it's not really a Funk but a natural progression for some of us we might then be better able to finally answer that age old question of why we crossdress in the first place. I know I am certainly understanding more all the time about what triggers my desire to dress as my desires decrease in frequency.

Everyone please if you are not at this stage of crossdressing anytime you want or if you are really wanting full timee fulltime or transition you just can't understand what it actually is like to be at this point. Very few people can sustain the same desire to do anything they really enjoy year after year after year without at some point losing some of the desire or enjoyment of doing it.
    Last edited by kendra_gurl; 06-13-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    It is good to pay attention to your body. That's something a lot of men aren't good at -- even us transgender ones :-D

Not joining in any doomsaying ... I've been in this "manly" phase before, too.

I do support Karren's outlook, though; recently I've been having dizziness and balance issues, and have found out that the berry aneurysm I've got is getting larger. It's prompted me to get started on a surgical path, now that that's an option.

It's worth investigating, no matter how good you feel otherwise.

I think it is life. I get so busy that dressing and going out doesn't happen for long periods of time. I don't give up but going through the whole hassle of getting dolled up just doesn't appeal to me. I wouldn't worry too much but Karren has a good point
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

hiya M,

"Well, my imaginary friend thinks you have mental problems..."

Jus' kiddn' ya'...

Hey, if we can't change our mind, then why do we even have one?

The first thing that came to my mind after reading your post was when I was in high school or college when we used to have this theory. It was that it took about 6 weeks for the sexual rush of a new intimate partner to start to level off. That was a benchmark point where sanity returned and you start thinking that maybe it was a great place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there, lol. (With a few exceptions of course).

Some of us are builders and others are managers. I like to create the visions that are in my head. But when the project is ready, I can't just stick around and manage it. I need to start building another dream. That is just who I am.

It is a cycle of high energy and intense focus when I am "creating" something. Then when the project is ready, I become almost the opposite...I seem to just drift aimlessly with no obvious direction. Most people think I have checked out and became a "loser". It used to worry my parents to death. Actually it is just a time when I am preparing for that next spark to reveal itself. It always does and I am off and running again.

Sure, I've found myself in that mystical state of mind you are experiencing, (many times)...wondering whether I have found a rope or lost a horse. But I don't worry about it anymore. I have learned my life will never appear "stable" to many people because I just do not follow a structured path.
    But hey, where is the fun in that world?...hehehee.

So, yes...I can relate to your position, although I do not go out much.

Hey, I just remembered something. You are self-employed too...well imagine that...anything here sound familiar?

HaveFun/BeHappy

Don't worry, Wal-Mart will think of something...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I do not leave my house dressed.... I take that back I have once or twice, but still nothing compared to some folks here. I have spent many months stuck in a dressing rut and to be honest !!! I missed women !! I am a male no doubt with a freakish fetish that most any GG will never understand or accept. So to feed my male desires I have no choice but to put Lucy away and that I have done.

I just hope it last..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

I am currently coming out of a long time abstinence of being "Cindy" mainly because I gained a lot of weight and most of my clothing doesn't fit any more! I still like and Want to dress... I am making a valiant effort to lose weight and I'm getting there little by little. I do not leave the house dressed because I live in a small town and know all my neighbors. They would most likely be non-accepting.
    I have never been out and about as long as you, BUT, I too go thru those periods! My advise is this, Do Not Purge!!! It will come back!!! Trust me... it will!!!! You may going thru some sort of change, but I think it will come back eventually.
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

Michelle, I don't think I would worry to much about it, from what I hear, straight "normal" men have an alright life, maybe joining them won't be so bad, But I usually find myself ready to shave, (from the hair line on down) after about 6 months. Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation It's simply a hobby after all, Michelle! Heh, heh!

It's possible to OD doing too much of ANYTHING! It's happened to me, too.

In fact, I'm now in SUPER DRESSING MODE!

Because my yearly BREAK from "everything CD" is coming up soon and I want to be SICK of dressing when it arrives!

My goatee will probably be a full beard by the time my "break" is over!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Michelle, please listen to what Karen has to say. Get a check up. I was diagnosed as a type II diabetic about twenty years ago. With that came a myriad of problems. Weight gain, urinary problems, thyroid problems, ED, eye problems, asthmatic condition, hypoglycemia, joint pain just to name a few. Almost from the day I was diagnosed my desire to CD increased greatly. There are times thats all I can think about. So get a checkup just to make sure...

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Any dramatic change in our bodies or minds should NOT be ignored. I also think a full physical with blood analyses is warranted.

If there are no medical or family issues that seem to be in play, it comes down to looking internally. Who are you? How does your feminine self play a role in your life? Have you had so much of your fem self that your other side is looking for some time and experience of life?

No one can enjoy eating the same food, no matter how delicious, for each and every meal. Variety is essential. It may just be time for reassessment, and that's never bad. I'm sure your feminine self is never far away, and the need for her will certainly return after some "male" time has passed.

tina

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I think most of us who have dressed for any period of time have had some "Male Funk" periods! They may have been due to one thing or another, but they were there!! Like Michelle, I am the same person regardless if what I am wearing, and have been that way for many years!! But I feel much more comfortable wearing feminine things, so I do it most of the time. Even though I do definitely look like a man with no wig or makeup!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!