Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shorts: Are they really nessesary?

Lightbulb Shorts: Are they really nessesary?

I hear comments from a lot of cd's on this forum and elsewhere that they cannot shave their legs (at least not in summer) because of wearing shorts and not wanting people to see their shaved legs. Well that was a dilemna/holdup for me too at one time until about 3 years ago when i just did it and have never looked back. Now I admit I am the last person I know to break out the shorts and the first to put them away when a hint of cool weather appears but I have become ok with my shaved legs being exposed the last couple summers.

My point is this, it is almost summer and many of us in warmer climes have experienced real heat already. I have not worn shorts all year except around the house. I am starting to wonder if they are really nessesary. I am going to the beach this weekend and I am sure I will wear shorts there, but girls who are afraid to shave because of showing your legs why don't you jsut go ahead and be smooth and just don't wear shorts? I have been around in light (female) jeans on days we have heat index over 100 already, it can be managed. If its shorts or shaving for you just consider both options. And girls, I am talking about wearing shorts while in male mode.

Hey, easy for you to say, living way up north in NC.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I live in Georgia, where it has been in the 90's for what seems like an eternity, usually with high humidity!! Shorts are a virtual necessity, of course along with shaved legs. If you really think about it, people don't spend much attention on your legs!! Most people won't even know if you shaved them unless you have real hairy legs!! And yes, I do wear womens shorts when in male mode!! In fact, most of the clothing I wear is feminine and I am always in male mode as far as looks go! No wig and no makeup ever!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Lots of things can be "managed", but is it necessary?
    Here in the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix, Arizona) the temps are already in the triple digits and nearing the 100 mark today. They stay that way until October now. Sure I can wear long pants. But why? I've shaved my legs for going on 14 years now. I wear shorts at least 50% of the time. Do you know, I have yet to have ANYONE comment about my shaved legs? And I'm in construction where there is an overabundunce of Neanderthals!
    I would also say that a short trip to the beach is a perfect place to "test the waters" (pun intended) on shaved legs. You are going to a place where you don't know anyone - and they don't know you. If they say anything... who the heck cares. You won't ever see them again in your lifetime. When you get back home wear your long pants for a week or two until the hair grows back.
    Bet ya don't get ANY response and you continue to shave them

Shaved legs have become a non-issue for me. They are my legs, so there, they are hairless. I change in a locker room at work every day and no one has commented about it.

Hi Tammy, my legs and the rest of my body are completely hairless because of my native american ancestry. I've lived all over the USA and wear shorts in all seasons. Since I've had no choice about hair, I've never given it a second thought. I've never experienced a second look about hairless legs.

Yes, they're necessary. Shaved or not, I don't like wearing long pants all day in the summer when it gets up into the 90s or higher.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    There are many legitimate reasons that justify anyone shaving their legs be they male, female. Cyclist do so as do most swimmers...
    I began when I worked in a Rubber Manufacturing Facility...my station had 9-steam pots with a catwalk nestled in between. 4 on one side with 5 on the other....The temp there would hover right around 115 degress F, winter or summer....I began breaking out all over my legs, chest and arms. A Doc I saw for these breakouts suggested I shave these areas and voilia...the heat rash subsided...It was all the excuse I needed and I wore shorts to work every night after that...and still shave regularly today. everyone I know got use to seeing me this way and now its a non-issue.
    Last edited by Wendy_Marie; 06-14-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling and added a statement
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Nobody ever comments on shaved legs, and even if they do, "because I like it" is a perfectly good response. Of course, when you've stopped shaving and your legs are half epilated, you definitely want to cover it up because all the little bare patches look weird!

I dont mind going to the beach with shaved legs, gives them something to look at
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Of course shorts are necessary FOR ME! I don't want to be arrested for running around in my panties!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Noone really pays attention. I've seen plenty of guys with very little or no leg hair. If they're all CDs then we are a larger group than we think.

I have gone through summers in both SoCal and in Arizona without wearing shorts. At the time I was self-conscious about my pasty-white legs.

Well, I'm past that and will wear whatever the weather warrants. Shaved legs? Nobody cares. Somebody would have mentioned my suddenly-bare arms long before they noticed my bare legs and they didn't.

Now, if I could just get away with those cute capris in male mode... hmmmm,
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    Noone really pays attention. I've seen plenty of guys with very little or no leg hair. If they're all CDs then we are a larger group than we think.
    Mine are shaved and I wear shorts all summer. I was in the hospital where I work this past weekend and the nures all had to check my feet. They all know me personally but do not know about Billie Jean. No one ever batted an eye. Billie Jean

I work outside in arizona and have even taken to long sleves in the summer because my skin is so F'd up. I an beginning to look like an aligator or a rhinoserous or dsomething. My skin is covered with what looks like dark age spots all over.

I wear shorts as soon as the weather turns even slightly warm. That fact has kept me from shaving my legs for years. I finally decided to just do it and I have not regretted it. I wear shorts out all the time and I have not seen anyway staring and nobody has said anything. Now that I am used to them being shaved, I just do not care what others think anyway. It is a nice way to indulge myself when I am in drab.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsiegalore View Post
    I work outside in arizona and have even taken to long sleves in the summer because my skin is so F'd up. I an beginning to look like an aligator or a rhinoserous or dsomething. My skin is covered with what looks like dark age spots all over.
    This brings up a good point. If you look at my pictures I have a very nice farmer's tan, but the bad news is that is what my skin looks like without sun! I've been using some fade cream and that might be working, but more time is needed to tell for sure. In the meantime, I like shorts and short sleeves, but not in direct sunlight. You younger girls please take notice!

Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

About 7 years ago I just bit the bullet and said the heck with it. I shaved everything and let them make comments.
    No one did.
    I wear shorts at work from April to December and to this day I have only gotten one comment and that was from a lady at work. She said (as she rubbed my bare leg)...Mmmm smooth! I said, yep, I just shaved them this morning. Nothing more has ever been said. People just really don't care.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by VioletJourney View Post
    Nobody ever comments on shaved legs, and even if they do, "because I like it" is a perfectly good response.
    The only response to give to the rare question.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Silver Member
    If men were allowed to wear skirts, maaaaaaaaaaybe shorts would not be necessary. Until then.... For those of us who "run hot" and are always warm/hot, yes, they are necessary. Some folks are "always" cold, some are
    "always" hot, everyone's body, everyone's comfort level and everyone's tolerances are different. My ex girlfriend was always cold until it broke into the 80s, I am always hot until it breaks below 60.

I am glad to see I am not the only one who wears shorts a majority of the year, some who know me think I am totally crazy

My legs have been smooth for 15 years, everyone has known me this way, and it has never come up. Of course, my legs don't get much attention (though some cisgender males have said they admire my giant calf muscles, go figure.)
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 06-14-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    I have had my legs shaved for years and only had a couple of comments which I responded to as I like them shaved it allows me to moisturize them better. For years I suffered every winter with dry skin and then started shaving my legs and using lotion, solving two problems with one razor. I now go nose to toes and still no comments.

I started wearing shorts a couple of years ago, after shaving of course, with great trepidation. It has turned into a non-issue with those who see me. Did I get some grief? You bet (especially from those I golf with on Wednesdays), but they got over it and are still good friends.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Well, I'm past that and will wear whatever the weather warrants. Shaved legs? Nobody cares. Somebody would have mentioned my suddenly-bare arms long before they noticed my bare legs and they didn't.

Now, if I could just get away with those cute capris in male mode... hmmmm,

Eryn, I do wear cute capris often here in Georgia!! I own about 7 or 8 pair. Some white, other colored, and some more in prints!! Of course I also wear a nice feminine top to go with the capri's and my lingerie! Since I wear no wig or makeup I am definitely a male, but the only comments I have ever heard in the past 6 years were compliments on my outfits!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I don't think my dad or grandfather owned a pair of shorts. they wore long pants all day every day. When they were changing or something it was funny how white they were apart from face, neck and forearms.
    Mary

what about when play games with shorts/is it ok?