Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shorts: Are they really nessesary?

does u have rashes after a few days later, how to overcome these problems?

Actually, I'm wondering if pants are really necessary.

I have hairless legs for years and no one has said anything.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

If you are wearing your AFDB (Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie) everyday like you should be, nobody will ever notice your legs. Jus' sayin'...

Can you remember everything about the outfits the last three people you talked to were wearing? Most people cannot. People are too absorbed in their own world to notice much detail about their surroundings. If they did, robbers would be out of business, lol.

Next time you are standing in line at Wal-Mart or another store, check out all of the guys' legs. Young kids don't have much hair and older folks don't either (older legs seem to lose hair). So, that leaves the "middle" group. Some may be swimmers, bicyclists, body builders, models, chemotherapy patients, burn victims, fair haired people, professional grape stompers, dermatology disorders, etc. That only leaves about 3 people in the world that might still have hairy legs.

So what are the chances that anybody is checking out your legs anyway? Teens are busy texting on their cell phones. Little kids are busy reaching for candy. Moms are busy watching them and just repeating NO! Guys shouldn't be checking out your legs to begin with. Older folks are busy trying to remember where their car is parked. The security camera attendants are zooming in on some hot chic in another line.
    They don't have baggers anymore.

Plus, they are all supposed to be getting organized to be ready to scan and bag their own groceries at the self-check out, so the stores don't have to hire employees to do it,

That only leaves a couple people, who are probably CDers waiting to buy pantyhose and so paranoid they are just staring into their carts.

Oh, and don't worry about that chic standing in line behind you. That is probably just me...

Ok, seriously... it is not as obvious as you think. If you have a tan and/or do not apply lotion that makes your legs all shiny, it is even less noticeable. The only credible concern might be your friends. They tend to only ask about it once and then leave you alone.

But hey, wearing long pants is certainly another option. But I am not “the one that wears the pants in my family“, lol.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living in Texas, I can tell you, without a doubt shorts ARE necessary. It is all I wear if I'm out of my pajamas.

I agree with you ladies that say shaving legs and shorts is a non issue. I have yet to have one person question me about it and I do not think my wife even noticed for a long time. I am a little shy about it, mostly at the begining of summer and my pause in breaking out the shorts just made me think about all the girls that have told me they Cannot shave their legs because of wearing shorts. If it were really a question of one or the other I would just forego shorts and be a little warmer....

I just basically dislike the look of most men's or feminine shorts patterned off mens shorts. Not sure why, I just find the look of a skirt to be much more...I don't know really, I guess refined. Shorts for some reason look...childish to me. Crazy I know.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I prefer wearing skirts to shorts. But either way, and regardless of being male or female, if anyone bares their legs, they should lose the hair. Personally, I find it embarrassing to have hairy body parts.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

As for guys in shorts constantly- like the dudes wearing shorts & flip-flops when it's 49f at night- I have to quote Seinfeld: "you're a hipster-dufus"
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Eryn, I do wear cute capris often here in Georgia!! I own about 7 or 8 pair. Some white, other colored, and some more in prints!! Of course I also wear a nice feminine top to go with the capri's and my lingerie! Since I wear no wig or makeup I am definitely a male, but the only comments I have ever heard in the past 6 years were compliments on my outfits!!
    Stephanie, you are a goddess!

Unfortunately, I'm in an environment where rumors and speculation can get ugly. I can get away with female versions of male items (jeans, polos, etc) but anything overtly feminine like capris is a non-starter.

Still, I can dream...
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Oh, THIS is an EASY ONE!

Got great legs? U LOVE shorts!

Got BAD legs, U HATE them!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchette2 View Post
    Living in Texas, I can tell you, without a doubt shorts ARE necessary. It is all I wear if I'm out of my pajamas.
    Except for those pesky 4-5 weeks here in winter!.....

Glad I can show off my tan/smooth legs for the next 4-5 months....

I wear shorts all the time and my legs are smooth. My shorts are also women's shorts and they are quite a bit shorter than men's shorts. I've only heard of one comment where a friends son asked why my shorts were so short. She responded to him that not everyone likes their shorts to be below their knees.

I even have started to wear flipflops while out and my toes are always painted.

have both let body hair grow and shaved it. change in a locker room and no one has ever said a word. only one's that may notice would be my family but most already know i'm a little strange.

OK Girls..

In boy mode, I never looked good in shorts... the family kind of banned them and I stopped wearing them... they found it embarrassing... and that was when my legs were covered in hair!

I have received so many comments on my legs from a lot of you... so I am a little conflicted... maybe I look crap in boys' shorts because I don't have what we in the UK call footballers' legs?

legs 6.jpg
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I think we've only had five days here where the temp got up to 80. One of those days was in April. If you have any extra heat please send it up here. Its 10 a.m. right now and won't get much past sixty today.

Here in the desert it can get to 110 degrees in the shade... and then is just be gettin warm. The only people that may comment of shaved legs are those you are in contact with, like friends and family. I have an aunt who's brain and mouth doesn't coordinated and she's the type that would carry on till the cows came home, in fact she is the cows that come home. Shave em, no one really cares. I just shaved today.

I was afraid to have my legs shaved and wear shorts this summer. My family has no clue I cd. I felt after reading
    things on this site the heck with what people think. I wear shorts all the time, and no one, family or not has said one word.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It is really something, to me, how basketball shorts not many trs ago, were much shorter, and today, the basketball uniform shorts are big and baggy, and long.

Well here in the Central Valley of California it is not hot. I have worn shorts every day even through the winter. I finally got the courage to shave my legs again, thinking who cares. I deliver stuff and my company allows us to wear shorts. I work with 7 other men and see many customers every day and no one has said a word. I am fortunate to have fair skin and lite color hair so someone really has to look and notice that my legs are shaved. If you want to look that long then be it. I love the way my shaved legs feel and being single I don't have to explain it to anyone. I love women's shorts, not too short and wear them all the time. It is great to push the limits and leave people guessing.

Love,
    Allison