Thread: Credit Card in Female Name

Credit Card in Female Name

Hi everyone

I have just applied for a credit card with MBNA (I am in the UK). I added my fem name as an authorised user, but was told to call up when the application was submitted. I was advised to removed the fem name as she was not on the electoral role and would fail security, but that she could be added once i had passed security. I got the card today in my male name and tried to add an authorised user in my fem name and i was told that the user had to be a person, i.e. i could not get two cards for the same person.... what a shame.... i really want one for when i am shopping etc en femme....

Does anyone else have experiences of this? Are there any banks that will allow this in the UK? I thought it would be a simple thing as i am still responsible for the bill..... i wonder waht the girls do that are transitioning (obviously before they change their name)?

Many thanks in anticipation...

Sophie x

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Capital One offered me a second card for a family member..so I asked for one for my finacee "EM". No problems!

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

yes i have one major cc in loni's name.
    now time for a state issued id card. or maybe one that just looks like one. as most out there would never know the difference.

Not sure about UK, but in USA you can add family members. I got one for my neice without a problem. Her credit card has her name (same last name as mine) on it with my account number. I asked for another card with Beverly (same last name as mine), and they sent one with only a few questions. Now I use my Beverly credit card when buying things online. I have no idea what my mail man thinks. All the packages of clothes and things arriving for Beverly.

I added one with my initials and since my male and female names both start with L, it works either way.

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

About a year and a half ago, was in a "Kitchens Ect" store getting some items, got to register, handed over my Discover card. Lady said "Oh, I can't accept this." "Why?" , "It's your husband's card, I need to see yours" Eyes dart left and right, lean over counter and in guy voice say "Honey it IS my card" .... Abit of surprise and complete the sale. Get home and call 1-, 800, discover
    "I'd like to add a person to my account"
    "How do you spell their name?"
    two week later, bingo ..... pretty new card with "Proper" name
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png