Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you predict when you want to dress?

Can you predict when you want to dress?

I know a lot of people here dress everyday or even full time I'm not like that. I am very enthusiastic about dressing and when that urge happens I go for it 100 per cent and am convincing, I'm told. It makes me feel great and I have no guilt about it, although hardly anybody knows about it. This urge happens fairly regularly, every few weeks, and then goes away wondering why I did it.

Does anybody else behave like this, and can you predict when it might happen? I'm beginning to think that I experience a monthly cycle, from male to female mode. Circumstances sometimes prevent me from dressing every time I want to but I think it probably happens on a monthly basis.

Wish I could help you there, Lucy, but my urge to dress never goes away. It's just part of who I am.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

I can predict when I am going to want to dress very well, It happens everyday, as soon as I wake up, I find that it will last all the way thru the day until I fall asleep again. Although on work days I can manage to supress the feeling trhu the day.

I know that isn't much help for you, But that is my story.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Well lets see, for me its everyday, all day!!!!!! The fact of the matter is I SHOULD HAVE BEEN BORN A GIRL IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

I've honed my prediction skills over the years. I get the urges almost immediately after every breath... Wooo. It just happened again!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyanne View Post
    Well lets see, for me its everyday, all day!!!!!! The fact of the matter is I SHOULD HAVE BEEN BORN A GIRL IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

Molly
    Same goes for me !! LOL
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar
    at night
    or
    when im alone
    or
    if i know nobody will see my dressed up
    or
    i can just lock up in the bathroom(usually when i buy new stockings and i want to try them on)

Single and Looking!! Erica Lauren James's Avatar
    Nope I can't cause it's all of the time!!!
    Someday You'll Find What You're Looking For
    I'm Looking for a GG!!
    If you admirer me then don't be shy and let me know!! I've gotten 4 Secret Admirers and I have no idea who you are. So please(pretty please) let me know who you are. Thanks So much!!!

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    No predictive powers here because the need, urge is always there. It just keeps saying "I Want It Now".

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Very predictable. Usually when I get up in the morning, I prefer to shower and get dressed.

Aspiring Member
    Lucy,
    You can find your crossdressing motivation by being honest with yourself. Don't look to others, but gage your own feelings.

For me, my motivation peaks when I feel unfulfilled or inadequate as a male or need to allow myself some vulnerability. Turning femme is my way of seeking shelter. It is like saying, "I'm tired of maintaining the male fascade an need to switch off for awhile". During these times when my mind wanders, I usually drift off in a daydream of just being a normal person in a feminine role and attire. There is also gender envy; when I see a well dressed woman, I often wish that I had that style and choice in clothing and get motivated to femme up.

When I am actively engaged (e.g. sailboat racing, skiing) I don't feel the drive to crossdress.
    Last edited by Sheren Kelly; 06-18-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: typo
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

I agree with most 'cause the urge never goes away! The only time I don't dress is when I'm in the shower!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Up to this point the details of life limit Tina's time, so it hasn't been much of a choice. The transformation to Tina happens whenever life allows. If Tina had the opportunity to exist every day, I'm not sure how my genders would settle out. My guess is about 50/50.

tina

It seems that for most girls here the need to dress is ever-present. For me, as for Lucy, it's more sporadic. It ebbs and flows like a tide, but--also like the tide--never completely goes away. I go through periods when my male persona is dominant. I can carry it off quite well, but it takes effort. Projecting my masculinity takes much more effort than projecting femininity. So going back to the femme side restores balance for me. I prefer "balance" to CapHill's "shelter," although I understand what she's saying. Obviously, some active enterprise that engages my male side can obscure the need to feminize, sometimes for long periods, but the effort involved in maintaining the male persona always falters after a while..and then, ah, sweet balance.

To be honest, I may like to do it more, but, it really is WORK getting all dolled up, and often, I am just too tired out, and would rather lay down, with my cat and listen to radio. So, about once or twice a month, i actually do it, though, i feel like it often.

Quote Originally Posted by gender_blender View Post
    Very predictable. Usually when I get up in the morning, I prefer to shower and get dressed.
    Hopefully in that order.

To the OP, I go through different moods where sometimes I want to get sort of feminine, but other times I like being more guy-ish. These days though, even if I have on eyeliner and stuff I still feel like I look really MALE when I look in the mirror and I kind of dig it. I'm pretty much always down to be wearing a skirt if I can, which is most times, but the only times now where I definitely get the feeling of knowing I *want* to dress, aside from special occasions that I look forward to, is when I'm at work and I'm having a particularly rough day, I start thinking about what outfits I'm going to wear when I get home. I think this is in no small way more of a rebellion against my work and it's dress code though, sort of a "ok, you own me now but the second I get off the clock.."
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

The desire varies, but basically whenever I'm in male clothing I always feel like it's just wrong. So I guess the answer is, all the time.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Not fully predictable. These days I underdress almost all the time. Still I occasionally get the "pink fog" when skirt or dress seems really desirable. Occasionally I didn't really feel like putting on a dress, but the opportunity came along so I did, and only then did it hit me that "This is just terrifically fun!" More often the desire ebbs and flows.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

I used to be like this, having the "urge" come and go. Sometimes I'd go for months, once for a few years, but these days it's a regular affair, every weekend and over most holidays. It's who I am now and I couldn't be happier.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've honed my prediction skills over the years. I get the urges almost immediately after every breath... Wooo. It just happened again!!
    I get the urge ONLY after I blink. No other time.
    joank
    Southern California

Easy answer...everyday!!!
    No closet is big enough!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I will refrain from repeating what others have already said. For the most part, Genifer is my social side. If I am going out, and it is not to work or to run an errand, then it is girl time.

it would be far easier to count the nano seconds that i do not want to dress as a woman. they are 0.

Lucy,
    Sorry, Like a lot of us, when I get up in the morning I dress. I also dress when Igo to bed. Nothing lie a silky nighty!

Best Wish
    Robin Lee

Like most have already said. Everyday is girl time.