Thread: Clocked at 50 paces

Clocked at 50 paces

When I was in Denver, I met one of my girl friends who had recently moved there from DC.

She was taking me on a driving tour of downtown Denver, and we were just chatting girl talk as we were seeing the sites.

We were at a stop light and a car pulled up next to us on our driver's side. The (male) driver rolled down the window on his passenger side and motioned us that he wanted to talk. I figured that he needed directions. When we lowered the window, he said

"Where did you girls start crossdressing?"

I'm not a very quick thinker on my feet, so I have prepared lines for some typical questions. But I had no prepared lines for this. I couldn't think of anything to say.

My friend responded DC, and told him to check out the Mile High TG group. And then the light turned green. We went right, he went left, and it was over.

We both couldn't figure out how he made us. It was dusk. We were in a car, with probably only heads and shoulders visible through the windows and he still made us. I've gotten peculiar looks driving before, but I never thought I could get made while in my car.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

There is always a chance to be made, anytime you walk out the front door, but how he made you both in a car, coming up from behind, wow, who would have thought it?
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Maybe he was an admirer & couldn't think of an opening line. He called you girls, so doesn't sound malicious.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Just goes to show, outside of this forum lots of us aren't as passable as we'd like to think we are.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Here in Denver, you have to be able to recognize a CD at the same distance as the span required to dim your headlights for oncoming cars. It is part of the test to get your drivers license. Isn't it that way in your city?

Yep, that was a weird encounter. Some people are just more observant of their surroundings than others. I would think that particular guy was an exceptional case though. I guess some folks are bird watchers and some are CD watchers, eh?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never forget to shave!

[SIZE=1](Sorry....couldn't help it!)[/SIZE]

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Kind of a sweet and sour response! Although you didn't pass, everything turned out sweet!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

that is weird but I have been read from inside the car before also. Some days we pass really well and others we are read in the dark by a blind man.Go figure
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Aspiring Member
    Hi Steffi,

It is likely the driver was TG as well. We seem to be a bit more alert to even the slightest gender tips. The exchange between your friend and the driver also indicates more curiosity than the average non-TG person.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Gold Member
    Maybe you should take down the "T-Girls Rock!" sign from the back window.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Maybe you should take down the "T-Girls Rock!" sign from the back window.
    Thats what I was thinking!

Funny story - I was coming home from my second time out en femme and this car is behind me paying a lot of attention to my car. He keeps trying to pull up next to me in the left lane but traffic was blocking him so he would move behind me again. Now I'm getting nervous because it is pretty clear that I may have a "situation" on my hands. This is going on for a couple of miles and finally the guy pulls next to me, gives me a real hard stare, and then pulls away.

When he pulls ahead of me I see that he has a military unit decal on his back bumper that is identical to mine. Now I start laughing. The way I read the situation is that this guy though he has a shipmate in the car ahead of him and wanted to say "Hi." He pulls up and sees that it is probably "just an SO" driving the car so he takes off. My SO, the REAL Navy wife in the family, thought it was hysterical.

Great story. I think that when we look at ourselves in mirrors and pics (selected ones only, of course) we see mainly frontal face shots. However, to a passing driver they will get a side profile and I think that for some of us, me included, the strong protruding jaw can be a very clear give away. You chould have asked him when he started dressing too?

Maybe he noticed the vanity plate on your car that said "Tranny". (lol)

Jodi

I gt looks all the time in my car...... But I have a 80 corvette that has a color changing paint. So dressed or not I get stares and it's hard to tell if there looking at my car or the pretty plus size CD driving. Lol. I have never had a bad experience driving dressed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I guess some folks have the gift as to be able to instantaniously make us girls at a great distance. Guess it's kinda like these rednacks around my parts that are equipped with "Gaydar"!

Quote Originally Posted by CapHill Kelly View Post
    Hi Steffi,

It is likely the driver was TG as well. We seem to be a bit more alert to even the slightest gender tips. The exchange between your friend and the driver also indicates more curiosity than the average non-TG person.
    I agree with Kelly, It is easier for us to spot the things we see in ourselves. Maybe he needed help unlocking the closet door.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Many, many years ago when I had long hair, I was sitting in a car with a date (female), when a guy pulled up beside us obviously thinking that we were two females. When I turned around (I had a mustach), he quickly rolled up his window and left.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Some of us just have really good "T-dar". I once met a girl at a party who I immediately picked out as trans, despite the fact that she was incredibly passable having started HRT at 16. I later told her it was certain facial features that clued me in, but the initial feeling was just intuition.

The Unlucky
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Just goes to show, outside of this forum lots of us aren't as passable as we'd like to think we are.
    Quoted for truth.

THANK YOU!

I don't know how they made you, but no harm was done. Besides you had a great trip to Denver - so its all good.
    Michelle

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyCD View Post
    Quoted for truth.

THANK YOU!
    Times a million. I don't try to pass, I just try to pass under the radar, but even stealth fighters have radar cross sections.
    —Mikaela

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Great story. I think that when we look at ourselves in mirrors and pics (selected ones only, of course) we see mainly frontal face shots. However, to a passing driver they will get a side profile and I think that for some of us, me included, the strong protruding jaw can be a very clear give away. You chould have asked him when he started dressing too?

I think that all you can see of another driver are the head profile, shoulders and hands, and these are three of the things which are hardest to feminize. In addition to your comment about the jawline, the masculine brow ridge and the adam's apple protruberance would also be emphasized in a side view.

I am guessing because neither of you were on cell phones and talking animatedly with the other folks on the phone and each other at the same time! Oh wait, guys seem to be doing that also, never mind! Heehee!

Really though the movements, gestures, reactions to their environment of men vs women while going through out their day is quite different to those observant to these situations. More times than not it really is several little things that combine to give us away!

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

In my Hot or Not page some of the comments
    is it a dude
    nice dress
    yea it is a dude
    you look great

these were just a few of the comments

We tend to forget that it is still a male face with makeup on it, and the male profile is difficult to change.
    Last edited by Dr.Susan; 06-22-2011 at 03:43 PM.