Thread: Is It A Sign?

Is It A Sign?

I was definitely playing techy yesterday, crawling around under my RV installing new ham radio cables.

Afterwards, I started to leaf through the new ham radio magazine that had just arrived when someone else's Victoria Secrets sales ad fell open inside the pages! Apparently it was intended for a woman who lives several blocks from me and it got sandwiched into my magazine while going through the postal system!

The Lord does indeed work in mysterious ways!

Hugs,
    Persephone
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

P.S. -- While I was under the RV I happened to look up and discovered this little problem!

"If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    P.S. -- While I was under the RV I happened to look up and discovered this little problem!
    Yikes! Losing a leaf spring would be a bad thing! Good that you found it now.

I hope you plan to return the VS catalog to the rightful owner. So, maybe it is a sign to meet a new GG friend.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

It sure is a sign! OF GOOD LUCK! Get that RV fixed and high tail that V.S.ad to its owner and go to V.S with her!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    Glad somebody knew what that was. I don't know anything about RV's, and I'm sitting here trying to figure that out XD

I started to leaf through the new ham radio magazine that had just arrived when someone else's Victoria Secrets sales ad fell open inside the pages!
    Hmmm, imagine VS and QST teaming up to interest more YLs in the hobby (or OMs in VS products )

"Get that Bombshell signal!"
    "Push-ups, they're not just towers anymore!"
    "RF by Victoria, linear amplifiers now in PINK!"
    "Improve your directionality with IPEX!"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

To fix the problem! Do one of these! First purchase a tap, or nut or two, Knock the bolt back in, then either double nut it tight or use a lock washer or loctite to hold it tight! Since this is suppose to be about cding what ever you do! Don't break a nail doing it!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    To fix the problem! Do one of these! First purchase a tap, or nut or two, Knock the bolt back in, then either double nut it tight or use a lock washer or loctite to hold it tight! Since this is suppose to be about cding what ever you do! Don't break a nail doing it!
    There's also a little matter of lifting the 10 tons of motorhome that is currently sitting on the threads of that bolt!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Hmmm, imagine VS and QST teaming up to interest more YLs in the hobby (or OMs in VS products )

"Get that Bombshell signal!"
    "Push-ups, they're not just towers anymore!"
    "RF by Victoria, linear amplifiers now in PINK!"
    "Improve your directionality with IPEX!"
    Kenwood and HRO have started with something for your ham shack
    H0-008862A.jpg

with all this interest - should there be a special catagory for Field Day - how many CD contacts you can make? CQ CD CQ CD

Quote Originally Posted by Evie08 View Post
    with all this interest - should there be a special catagory for Field Day - how many CD contacts you can make? CQ CD CQ CD
    You get a 2X multiplier on every contact made en femme.
    Eryn

Can nail polish be used as a substitute for Loctite?

It depends if you want it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Storrs View Post
    There is a real use for nail polish in this regard. A streak of nail polish across a newly tightened nut, bolt, and its bearing surface is an excellent warning indicator for loosening. A slight misalignment or fracturing of the polish allowed one to check the tightness of the fastener without putting a wrench on it.

Back in the day a lot of well-prepared racing motorcycles had little streaks and dots of somebody's favorite shade adorning its hardware! "Honest, Mom, it's for my race bike!"
    Eryn

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    Oh, is that what that thingy is??

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Yes, it's a sign. Be a good neighbor and return it. What an icebreaker!

It's funny - both my wife and I usually get the same catalog on the same day. Yesterday was Talbot's. Today was Ann Taylor.

Kathi

And all I ever get is DX Engineering catalogs!

Which brings up another subject....just how many hams are there on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by georgia_937 View Post
    Which brings up another subject....just how many hams are there on this forum?
    That's a question that I've thought of as well, but I think it is for another thread. Considering the age and techie tendency of many of us I'd suspect that quite a few of us have a ticket. We're probably not too willing to divulge our callsigns!
    Eryn

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I've been called a ham multiple times, but I think they're talking about my exhibitionist streak, and not my prowess with radio stuff.

Kathi

OK, I started an Amateur Radio Roll Call thread here. Please respond there if you're a ham.
    Eryn

Nail polish is also good for locking tuning slugs on coils.

Cute and Southern Fried KerryLynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I have to say this is the only conversation where a double nut is part of an RV....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Evil Monkey..... ooops wrong panties

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

I wouldn't worry about that. NOW, back to that yummy catalog!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!