Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any ladies in the military?

I spent three years in the army and was completely purged during that time. I don't think that CDing and military service will ever mix, but hopefully I'm wrong about that. I always loved the long dresses that the Vietnamese women wore (called ao zais) but I've never had the opportunity to try one on.

CK

I got a free pass in my mind to underdress with pantyhose. I late '77 I was part of a crew sent up to Edwards to fly a endurance test flight of the newly stretched C-141. The 1-Dash 1 Performance Manual was all calculated data and had to be flight proven. During one of the pre-flight briefing/planning meeting was with the Psychological Training people. It was suggested to ware HANES ALIVE under the flight suit. The Doctor was to explained that the reason feet get cold and legs cramp while flying is because of restricted circulation from sitting in lower pressure environments. (these guys teach our Astronauts and test pilots too) So I have a free pass RIGHT? Off we go the next day and 31 hours later land at Edwards after flying around the world and doing 4 inflight refuelings. The last 7 years of my career anything over a 8 hour leg the Hanes went on including 9 trips to the South Pole for warmth. 8 of the 12 of us ADMITTED to wearing Hanes or Shear Energy lol

I did 20 yrs 5 months of USAF and flew 13,004 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle.Martin View Post
    First off, DADT has no impact on being trans. DADT is about sexual orientation, not gender identity or expression.

I can't speak for the other services, but in the Army there is a regulation that specifies the medical standards for service (AR 40-501). Bottom line, there is a passage that covers being gay (which will now have to be revised), but there is another passage that specifically cites crossdressing, transsexuality or any attempts to change gender as grounds for being deemed unqualified for further service.

The good news, no disciplinary or legal action will follow, it will simply be an administrative discharge. The bad news, they act fast and a Soldier can expect to be discharged in 30 days. Repeal of DADT gives no protection in that case.

So the answer to the original question - yes, there are many! But it's better to stay stealth unless you need a rapid career change.
    The appropriate reg she's quoting above:
    3–35. Personality, psychosexual conditions, transsexual, gender identity, exhibitionism,
    transvestism, voyeurism, other paraphilias, or factitious disorders; disorders of impulse control not
    elsewhere classified
    a. A history of, or current manifestations of, personality disorders, disorders of impulse control not elsewhere
    classified, transvestism, voyeurism, other paraphilias, or factitious disorders, psychosexual conditions, transsexual,
    gender identity disorder to include major abnormalities or defects of the genitalia such as change of sex or a current
    attempt to change sex, hermaphroditism, pseudohermaphroditism, or pure gonadal dysgenesis or dysfunctional residuals
    from surgical correction of these conditions render an individual administratively unfit.
    b. These conditions render an individual administratively unfit rather than unfit because of physical illness or
    medical disability. These conditions will be dealt with through administrative channels, including AR 135–175, AR
    135–178, AR 635–200, or AR 600–8–24.

DADT Repeal Does NOT Equal Safety

One point mentioned during our DADT briefings was that while gay/lesbian/bi could now serve openly, transsexuals were NOT allowed and would be out.

And judging from the regs, TV/CD will also be asked to leave.

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I was going to, but my knees and shins are so twisted and deformed they wouldn't take me. The benefits would have helped, but in the end I'm glad I couldn't so I could get started on, and more comfortable with, this part of my life.

However, now is not a good time to reveal having gender issues/CDing. Bradley Manning, the soldier accused of leaking US diplomatic cables to Wikileaks, spent much time talking about being gay and questioning his gender. He's currently in solitary confinement 23/24/7
    I really doubt him talking about being gay and questioning his gender had anything to do with him spending time in solitary. If he is found guilty of leaking those documents he'll probably be looking at charges of treason.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Spent my time in the Navy. There is no privacy on a ship so I had to just wish a lot.

12 years in the Coast Guard and still in the Reserves, going for the big '20.' Have underdressed over the years, especially the colder months and have not had any issues.

After repealling the DADT and subsequently being re-educated on the subject, I mentioned CD/TS during a Command Cadre walkaround for any Q&A's on the subject. They were aware of the subject and knew of an individual or two that actually transitioned with approval! Although a rare case, the final word was that CD's would not have any protection if we came out to the Command and would most likely be dismissed as stated above by Aleria.

WW

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    12 years in the Army. I really struggled at times trying to find myself.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I spent a total of 31 years in National Guard and Army Reserve and was Active duty with both organizations. I retired in Sep 10 and during my time in the military I only dressed during that last 10 or so years (I really didn't keep up with the time). The only time I dressed while on duty was when I was on TDY and I drove there and I was not sharing a room with anyone. I never under dressed except one time I wore some panty hose under my uniform and I was so paranoid that some one would notice that it was almost impossible to work that day. When I got home I told myself never again. For me it wasn't worth putting my career in jeopardy and now that I am retired I am so glad that I made that decision. I could dress at home all I wanted to and that was enough to satisfy my urges. It was right for me and in the final analysis one must do what they think is right for themselves and their families. I found that there was always someone that had self appointed themselves the additional duty of being the regulation police and would do anything within their self appointed duty description to find things to charge someone with so that they can get their "atta boy award". Those of you in the Army should know what I am talking about. Just be careful he is still out there and waiting to do anyone in for there own self appointed agenda.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

Did three in the Army back in the cold war days. Closest thing to armed conflict I saw was going on alert when Carter tried to free the hostages in *ran. The company I was with was all male and we knew who was gay and who wasn't and it didn't bother us. You can get pretty lazy about rules during peacetime just sitting around waiting for the word...

Never had a chance to dress during my entire time. But then again, being in germany gives a male a lot of outs.

Renne.....

DEP reserves, 82nd ABD..mos 94a. gulf war 1 and 2. They have code names, I dont feel like typing them out.
    Iraq/ Kuwait 91
    Iraq/Afghanistan 02
    and more fubar.

Cding was never an issue, sometimes I skirted around playing pranks. Wore a pair of panties in quarters. some other guy got in the mail from home and I danced around entertaining 5 to 7 fellas and we all laughed in a male bonding ritual. Young buck missed his lil girlfriend and we all teased him to make him feel better.. Delta Company
    And I excelled in the art of camouflage..

Lynn_Lynn Thank You ;-) I airlifted the 82nd many times but most of the time you guys were not onboard when I landed.

I have read on other forums that pantyhose were wanted to wear to keep sand flees from bitting. Any truth to that, I do remember see a list at Kroger's for the "Troop Care Packages" donations box requesting feminine hygiene items and pantyhose.

I did 22 years in the army and was deep in the closet the whole time. While I enjoyed CDing as much as possible (I mostly lived off base) I was EXTRA cautious. I realized that the career and the its benefits would pay off in the end and that once out I would not only be able to crossdress at will, but I could also afford the shopping!!!!! Now I crossdress just about daily.

Quote Originally Posted by MargoM View Post
    Lynn_Lynn Thank You ;-) I airlifted the 82nd many times but most of the time you guys were not onboard when I landed.

I have read on other forums that pantyhose were wanted to wear to keep sand flees from bitting. Any truth to that, I do remember see a list at Kroger's for the "Troop Care Packages" donations box requesting feminine hygiene items and pantyhose.
    Sometimes we would wear pantyhose over the face and head: yes keeps out the sand. eventually youll get used to wearing kufiya and seeing thru its material the same.. having to use a hygine product means someone get shot badly I have carried fem tube in my gear, thankfull never needed to use them..

30 Years US Navy retired. Didn't dress much while serving. Once retired I found I wanted to try dressing fully. Once I got there I could never go back. I dont get to dress as often as I would like but enjoy ever minute of my time dressed. If I am not dressing I am thinking of dressing.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I used to be in the navy for 8 and a half years. I wore panties and stockings almost all the time while in port on the boat and all the time while on shore duty. I even had a pair of pantyhose i kept in my laundry bag for alone time in my rack.

I spent 4 years in the Marines, trying to hide my cd was difficult in the least. Dressed only a few times. I got caught and got a written reprimand for not being in appropriate civilian attire. I was transfered to an admin unit due to the unit being deployed to Okinawa and my enlistment was up soon and I always knew that I'd only do a 4 year stint.

i spent nine years in the royal navy and found it hard to keep my sexuality secret as it woud have ment dismissal on the grounds of unsuitable for navy disipline reasons it is not like that nowadays thank god i still wish i was back in . but am now happy with my new life as a trans fem.
    davina