Thread: Going in for a makeover tomorrow.

Smile Going in for a makeover tomorrow.

Made a step today that I've been wanting too for a while but haven't had the guts to do. I've always wanted to learn more about makeup but the only lady friend I've told really doesn't wear makeup so I've had no places to learn.

Finally got the courage today to ask for a training session and makeover at MAC. Something that I wasn't expecting, I'm going to be trained by another CD that works at the store. I'm a little nervous and a bit excited but I'm really looking forward to putting this road block behind me. I'm hoping I have the guts to keep the makeup on after the session and walk back through the mall to my car and home. I probably should let my roommate know tonight so I don't shock him tomorrow (he knows but hes a bit uneasy with it).

I'll let you gals know tomorrow how it went.

Grace

nat101

good for you

good for you i wish i had the guts to do that and i hope evrything works out for you your a real inspration

Sonya Love
    Congrats Grace! A professional makeover can work wonders, and hide a multitude of sins. You might think about bringing a camera and asking the clerk to take a few pictures of you for fun ... you may not ever get as good a makeup job as that, at least until you learn to do it yourself. It's hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya Love
    Congrats Grace! A professional makeover can work wonders, and hide a multitude of sins. You might think about bringing a camera and asking the clerk to take a few pictures of you for fun ... you may not ever get as good a makeup job as that, at least until you learn to do it yourself. It's hard!
    Good idea Sonya. I have a small digital camera I can take, hmm might even be brave enough to post them.

I love it

Go girl what a great opportunity. I have done the same at a day spa. Beyond the obvious opportunity to learn it is a great to be pampered a little. We girls all need a little attention from time to time. Please take pictures and wear something that is androgynous--maybe shorts, sandals and a t and then walk out of the mall with your head up. I am sure you will be beautiful.Have fun!

You go girlfriend! Grace, just relax and let yourself b fully girlie and enjoy! You will never regret It. There is nothing like pampering to make a girl feel truly special, so I say this girlfriend, as they are another cd doing the make over, get dressed 2 the 9's and make the most of it hon! Hugs
    undefined

Smile A profeesional make over what a dream.

Good for you Grace but what is "MAC"? A salon near you? I need to find a place to do that in my area, But I fear the reaction of the personell at the salon!! I certainly hope you do take and post pics and tell all when you get back!! It might give some of us the courage to go for it! Vici

Amelie
    Nice Grace, good for you, get spoiled, be pampered, and love every minute of it. Unless you have nice hair, bring a wig with you to make it complete.

Love Amelie

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by GraceUSA
    Good idea Sonya. I have a small digital camera I can take, hmm might even be brave enough to post them.

Now you're talking.

Have a great time!

My Friends Call Me Maddy Madilyn's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sweetvici
    Good for you Grace but what is "MAC"? A salon near you?
    MAC Cosmetics can be found in Famous Barr and other department stores, as well as, separate stores in suburban malls. I have had them do my eyelashes before and they are amazing. Just pick out a pair and let them apply them prior to the makeover. It's truly liberating.

I'm not familiar with MAC's makeovers, but you can also ask salons like Beauty Brands if they do makeovers. Most of them will be happy to do men. I was so fortunate to find a young female make-up artist named Melisa who moonlights doing glam rock make-up. She was incredible (check my Yahoo profile picture album)...unfortunately (for me, not her), she landed a job at The Venician salon in Las Vegas and recently moved to the bright lights of the strip. I'll miss her, but she referred me to a Russian gal who is supposed to be really incredible.

If you live in a metropolitan area, just a few phone calls around town will point you towards CD friendly salons and then just ask for the best...

You're going to have such an amazing time...Good luck sweetie....

Kisses,

Madilyn

p.s. Get a pedicure, they're to die for...your feet never felt so good...yummy
    [SIZE=3]If You Are Beautiful On The Inside, You'll Be Beautiful On The Outside[/SIZE]

Hey girls, check out my Yahoo Photo Album sometime...Let me know what you think???

Ladies, if you like what you see, then please help me out by voting 10 at the Hot Or Not link here...ty

Thanks to everyone for the responses. I would have liked to post earlier but my roommates new girlfriend came was over when I got back (had to clean up before coming home), after that a birthday party.

My time at MAC was a bit of a mixed reaction. One I had a hour and half makeover and training session, costs about 90 USD and they normally only do them during the week. I loved just being out and having my face made up, great fealing. I've also was able to fill in a lot of book knowledge I've learned from research on the internet and I'm much more comfortable now knowing where to start experimenting. But I really wasn't happy with the results of the makeover. The guy that was doing it was great and did a wonderful job, but the result wasn't me. For me, I looked too much like it was for a drag performace (thats the makeup artist background).

But I've moved past the main hurdle, now I need to purchase more makeup and get practice in.

clarissa3d

Talking What is MAC

Well experimenting is the biggest part of makeup. But what is MAC, Madilyn and I at least dont know what MAC is..

could you define MAC please GraceUSA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clarissa3d
    Well experimenting is the biggest part of makeup. But what is MAC, Madilyn and I at least dont know what MAC is..

could you define MAC please GraceUSA

Thanks
    Sorry, where I'm at in california every mall has a MAC store it seems and thought it was common knowledge. MAC is a makeup line (www.maccosmetics.com/) and there stores are usually stocked with a lot of makeup artists that need some extra income between their gigs or clients. Needless to say, most stores have a absolute ton of experience and skill behind the counter, much more than you find at the average makeup counter in a department store.

When I was having my makeover done, the area trainer and the regional trainer actually came into the store and really congratuated the guy that did my face. It was very well done, but as I said before just wasn't me.

Grace

edited to change web site