Thread: Step into the LIVING room...

Complex Lolita...

Step into the LIVING room...

Quote Originally Posted by AmberErin83
    new here...kinda scared...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericka_bagels
    hello, quite anxious...
    [SIZE="2"]Welcome to the LIVING room, my dear, my precious darling – step inside and make yourself comfortable, because you are one of us, in fact we’ve been waiting for you all these years. I’m over here, in the poorly-lit corner by the door – nice skirt, eh? I prefer to observe from afar and speak up from time to time when I feel I CAN be heard above the din. There’s plenty of room here for everyone, plenty of room for conversation, reading, or entertainment, as long as you have the courage to step the short distance from your known world into another, more unknown place. No need to watch your step, darling, we are here to guide you and support you – nil desperandum...

You’re an MtF crossdresser, and that means you have chosen to live life on YOUR terms. You are truly alive – alive with desire, alive with possibilities, and alive with excitement. You ARE excited about wearing the “wrong” clothes, aren’t you? I hope you are, because you may find that your excitement, along with your yearning to express yourself, may be tested during your time here. I wish you a long and happy participation among us – remember, no matter what you read, no matter what you think, no matter how you perceive the smattering of active members on this forum, some of us share your excitement and seek to preserve this precious gift you (and we) have been blessed with. I know, it’s difficult to make sense of something that society fails to appreciate, and you may never find satisfactory answers for your inquisitive mind. Also, it’s so very difficult to work against expectation, both external and internal...

In my estimation, crossdressing helps to sustain life – the picture in your mind has a chance to become a LIVING picture, gushing forth in active operation, true, lifelike, and exact, according to your specifications. If you don’t let HER out to play, you may suffer a living death of unrelieved misery. Step out, step UP, and step into this previously undiscovered room where your peers congregate. Listen to everyone by reading their words. Whatever you wish to do, someone may have done it, and has lived to tell the tale, as long as they WANT to write it down for your benefit. I’m only an ordinary tranny, and I hope that word doesn’t scare you, because you’re going to learn all about the many inaccurate labels and funny words that society uses to describe what we do...

You’re a male who likes to wear women’s clothing, correct? That is the best description for it – it’s not an addiction, it’s not a mental or sexual disorder, it’s not a hobby or an “activity,” it isn’t exactly an art form, nor is it a casual one-off thing done purely for a goof. It may all come down to tactile sensations for you, or it may not, depending on the reasons why you chose to crossdress in the first place. The fact is, if you’re a crossdresser, you are engaged in the profession of BEing, actively working against the expectations you, your loved ones, and society as a whole embrace, for one reason or another. It’s OK, you can be there and here at the same time, doing whatever it takes to fulfill your unfulfilled destiny – you’re a blank canvas, ready to accept that living picture I referred to, but keep in mind you will never finish your masterpiece. The doing, the creation, and the LIVING are what it’s all about. Look around – the people on this forum are in the process of living, no doubt about it...

Tell me, are you ready to meet others who do not share your “take” on things? Are you aware how many types of crossdressers there are, including those who would really rather NOT be crossdressing? It can be a lonely struggle, this passion of yours, and other individuals may seem like a world apart, not appreciative of your spectation at all, along with your thoughts on a host of topics. There are no definitive answers, my dear, but that is the nature of these living quarters – just be thankful you ARE truly living. Some will guide you, others will test you, and still others will reject you as being unrepresentative of the “community” you have now entered, but don’t be afraid. Those afflicted with tædium vitæ will repeatedly test your patience and resolve, but many of your new sisters are kind, compassionate, and eager to help. I know this because I once took that first bold step into the LIVING room, and I’ve never looked back – I’ve been through many trials and tribulations, but I’m still here, trying to help as positively as I can...

From time to time you should stop and think about the beauty of living – we only have so much time, so there may be an overriding urge to “get things right” and slip into that pre-determined template that society unfalteringly provides. However, can you hear an internal voice telling you to experiment with your life, and discover what many others cannot, do not, or will not ever experience? I believe nearly everyone gets the call, but few understand the message and entertain the possibilities – in my estimation, you can do it, so you should do it without delay. Since you thought about wearing that article of female clothing one fine day, and you eventually gave in to this curious desire, you willingly crossed a line and began a journey along a less-traveled path to this place, the LIVING room – you were already there, of course, an individual floating in a sea of conformity, but isn’t it good to know that you’re not alone?

Please step into the LIVING room, and feel at home. Protection is enabled...

“Now we’re living, blessed with all the thunder in the world...” (David Sylvian)

What is your definition of living? For me, it has A LOT to do with dressing...
    [/SIZE]

You have such a beautiful way with words! Who wouldn't feel welcome to the 'living room' after reading such beauty! Thank you!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Freddie, you continue to amaze and delight and provoke thoughtful introspection. Where would we be without you? I like the metaphor. Now where would I be in the LIVING room I wonder? In a corner on my own? In a huddle with my friends? Meeting and Greeting? Sitting and observing? Hmmm... but I am in the room!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Thank you. I think I was there last night, sitting quietly and thinking.

Freddie, this is by far your best work that I have read to date in my opinion. I LOVE IT! Your postings contain amazing beauty, grace and truthfullness. As an artist your way of expression truly touches many of us.

Is there any possibility that you might share any of your paintings with us as well? When someone possess the talent to express themselves in words the way you do, I can only imagine what you can express on canvas. Thank you so much for this lovely piece I will read it frequently.

Michelle

Yes, please DO come into the LIVING room, as Freddy so eloquently put it, and make yourself at home! There are plush, comfortable seats a plenty over by the fire in the hearth. May we offer you a nice glass of wine to soften and warm the spirits?

You’ll notice the powder room to the side, feel free to refresh your makeup at any time. Adjoining the powder room you’ll also notice a rather large closet (a traditional closet ) containing a vast collection of exquisite, delightful feminine attire. Do not hesitate to regale in its splendor, and don whatever hits your fancy.

Conversation among members tends to be stimulating, enlightening, and at times, challenging. Do not feel that you need to shy away from the occasional confrontation, but do not hesitate to step away and regroup, either, if you believe you need a moment. The membership is fantastic, and comprised of friendly, accepting, and loving girls.

Too many in the overly complicated outside world turn their backs to, as Freddy put it, the “beauty of living.” In our magnificent and resplendent world of crossdressing, we seek to recognize, accept, and embrace the beauty of life. Ours is a magical journey, filled with adventures of self-exploration, expression, and personal fulfillment and growth. It is a journey unlike any other. The journey is a blessed gift unto itself, and I, for one, am committed fully to its path.

So please feel welcome, have a seat, relax, and enjoy yourself! May I offer you another glass of wine?

(Very well done, Freddy!)

Your posts always make my eyes feel good.

"Come into my parlor." said the spider to the fly.

Freddy, You're always so well spoken and warm hearted. You should be the site's official Welcome Wagon rep!

Frédérique - so very well done - a beautiful welcome to new members and a gentle reminder for all of us.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz
    I like the metaphor.
    [SIZE="2"]I was listening to music in my studio the other day, and I heard a song (title unknown), where the first line, or lyric, was “Step into the living room...” I thought it could be a good title for a thread, so I set about writing it. I really believe that crossdressers are people who live life to the fullest, proponents of LIVING, as it were, so it's very easy to write about this idea...
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345
    Conversation among members tends to be stimulating, enlightening, and at times, challenging. Do not feel that you need to shy away from the occasional confrontation, but do not hesitate to step away and regroup, either, if you believe you need a moment. The membership is fantastic, and comprised of friendly, accepting, and loving girls.
    [SIZE="2"]The only way to offset the confrontations that pop up from time to time is to befriend and accept, hoping others will reciprocate, or simply step away and regroup, as you say. Oddly enough, you have to confront via words, or be confronted, to be noticed and eventually accepted by your peers, and then you will find friends and gain a sense of being in the right place. It certainly took me a while to get established, to the point where I actually miss the site if I’m not participating on a given day...[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by erickka
    Freddy, You're always so well spoken and warm hearted. You should be the site's official Welcome Wagon rep
    [SIZE="2"]Everybody is welcomed in the “Introduction” area, but a post in another thread the other day pointed out that some members avoid this section of the forum for one reason or another. Once you’re a member, and you’ve introduced yourself, it would be helpful if a newbie was also welcomed to the MtF section – it’s hard to fit into the conversations going on, and the topics are all over the place, but you can ultimately pick and choose your entry point. I know what its like to not be heard above the cacophony – I was on another, similar site a few years ago, and I gave up trying to post in MtF, retreating to write a journal in another section. THIS time I really wanted to get into the thick of things and write about crossdressing – it’s been surprisingly rewarding this time around, which helps to foster that feeling of belonging I longed for...[/SIZE]

Frederique,
    I don't know what prompted your latest postings, but please, keep it up.
    Donna
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)