Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pride may not be the best word for GLBT parades and festivals.

I wanted to share something that I learned in evening service last night because I found it quite interesting that these words were spoken.
    A quote from Out of Africa’s author Isak Dinesen “ PRIDE is the faith in what god saw when he made us...”I don’t know if there really is a god. I’m still struggling with that. But if there is....isn’t it wonderful that such a being would see us as unflawed in his eyes even with all our imperfections? Surely he must value our diversity. I just wanted you to know that.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnmarrie1961 View Post
    ... But if there is....isn't it wonderful that such a being would see us as unflawed even with all our imperfections? Surely god must value our diversity.
    Yes, of course. Most humans have evolved beyond thinking disease is caused by "demons", and that someone with red hair is evil.

Pride in this context means purely: There's no shame in being LGBTQ.
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 06-23-2011 at 07:33 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President