Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learning to walk like her.

Learning to walk like her.

I was walking down the road today and found myself walking behind a tall slim girl in a fitted dress and heels.
    Have you noticed that some girls have a much more girly walk than others? It’s a bit difficult to pin down, it just looks so feminine sometimes. She held some papers in one hand and even the angle of her hand was lovely.
    So I had about 3 minutes to copy her [or try to] before she reached her car.
    With any luck I will get another free lesson tomorrow.

SUZY

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Have you noticed that some girls have a much more girly walk than others? It’s a bit difficult to pin down, it just looks so feminine sometimes.
    Suzy, I'd bet you don't need free lessons.

Lately I've been thinking about what attracts me to certain women. I like certain features, hair, build, makeup, clothes, etc. I've seen women with all the goods I like but there's no attraction. There's a woman at work with few, if any, of those preferred physical attributes, but I find her to be incredibly attractive, and I finally figured out why: she is a girly girl, incredibly feminine. I like that. She wears high heels and has "the walk" too.
    Both work and marriage (mine and hers) totally eliminate any possibilities.............I'm just sayin'

Gold Member
    Next time get or bring a Video Camera. Now you can hit that play-back button.
    Rader

Yah, and play that video for us!

I used to strive to walk like a girl till I made the observation you did... There is such a wide variety of ways they walk that my regular walk falls in between the min and max so close enough... No further training required... Problem solved... Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I still can't get the walk. I usually try too hard and look silly

Karren H took the words right out of my lips
    SRS January 27

Silver Member
    Oh the many tools women have to torture us with! As far as trying to learn that walk. I would rather avoid drawing the male eye my way so all i do is try to walk more slowly and keep my back straight and elbows in to my body. The other night my wife and I were watching Miss USA and now those women can walk!! Did anyone else notice how many had average bustlines and some hideous tastes in gowns?

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    You don't have to walk super girly. It is possible to try too hard. However, I have met a few new girls with a way too manly walk. I could spot them from across the street before we met.

What I've found is hard to describe yet fairly simple to execute. It starts with the right posture which positions your hips differently than typical male posture. Let your back relax and rest and sort of balance your upper body weight on your hips. You may even feel like your weight is pushing through your hips and pushing down on your heels. Don't let your but curl under yet don't force it to stick out. You should feel the arch of your lower back but don't force it. Also let your stomach relax and be forward.

By now you should be totally confused. I know I am. If you are lucky enough to get this right, the walk just falls into place. You will not make any extra effort to walk a certain way and you will see you hips or but sway a little. Add some effort to modify it as you see fit but realize this should not be necessary or you have not found the right posture yet.

Women lead with their hips when they walk and men tend to lead with their shoulders. Also when trying this walk try to use your thigh muscles to move you legs more than how you might normally walk. I find it helps.

I was fascinated to see my niece running around in diapers and she already walked like a girl. That helped me discover the connection to posture. She had that right too. I also wore a corset 24/7 for a few months. That tends to isolate (imobilize?) some of your upper body muscles. I think this helped me find the right point the first time. It is easier to find the right way once you experience it. The corset is not needed and may confuse the issue. I am not suggesting it, just explainng my experience. I fnd this easier barefoot or in flats. Heels make it harder to find this right posture or maybe I just don't feel it the same.

If anyone makes sens of this and get it right, please let me know. I wish I could describe it better. It is probably something that needs to be shown.

Gen
    Last edited by Genifer Teal; 06-21-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    The other night my wife and I were watching Miss USA and now those women can walk!! Did anyone else notice how many had average bustlines and some hideous tastes in gowns?
    I did notice that Sara. there was not a single gown I liked of the bunch.

Lol isn't it funny what us cd'ers look for when we see women? These days my wife understands why I may look at a woman when we are out. No longer is she jealous or suspicious. She knows that I am always trying to learn how women walk, talk, gesture, dress, wear their make-up, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    You don't have to walk super girly. It is possible to try too hard. However, I have met a few new girls with a way too manly walk. I could spot them from across the street before we met.

What I've found is hard to describe yet fairly simple to execute. It starts with the right posture which positions your hips differently than typical male posture. Let your back relax and rest and sort of balance your upper body weight on your hips. You may even feel like your weight is pushing through your hips and pushing down on your heels. Don't let your but curl under yet don't force it to stick out. You should feel the arch of your lower back but don't force it. Also let your stomach relax and be forward.

By now you should be totally confused. I know I am. If you are lucky enough to get this right, the walk just falls into place. You will not make any extra effort to walk a certain way and you will see you hips or but sway a little. Add some effort to modify it as you see fit but realize this should not be necessary or you have not found the right posture yet.

Women lead with their hips when they walk and men tend to lead with their shoulders. Also when trying this walk try to use your thigh muscles to move you legs more than how you might normally walk. I find it helps.

I was fascinated to see my niece running around in diapers and she already walked like a girl. That helped me discover the connection to posture. She had that right too. I also wore a corset 24/7 for a few months. That tends to isolate (imobilize?) some of your upper body muscles. I think this helped me find the right point the first time. It is easier to find the right way once you experience it. The corset is not needed and may confuse the issue. I am not suggesting it, just explainng my experience. I fnd this easier barefoot or in flats. Heels make it harder to find this right posture or maybe I just don't feel it the same.

If anyone makes sens of this and get it right, please let me know. I wish I could describe it better. It is probably something that needs to be shown.

Gen
    fantastic advice. thanks!

I can say this! I find the 'walk' that some ladies have very exciting! I have accomplish a little sway in my hips and this girl has only one real leg! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Have you noticed that some girls have a much more girly walk than others?
    Yes! Some of us even put it on sometimes. Truly. I've caught myself putting on a bit of a "sway" on occasion, depending on who was watching.

Here is a fascinating gender walk animation: http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html

Be sure to click on "Lines" near the bottom to see the full effect. You can slide the button to the right for the extreme version of the feminine walk, and to the left for the extreme male walk. You can also alter the moods to reflect heavy/light, nervous/relaxed, and sad/happy walks in both genders. This can be a good learning resource.

If you ever sit at a cafe observing real people walk, you'll notice that very few men and women walk like the extreme examples in the animation. Most people are somewhere slightly on the right or left of the middle.

Anyway, you should play with this, but be careful to not overdo the feminine walk since it will look too contrived.
    Last edited by ReineD; 06-21-2011 at 11:39 PM.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    I always thought my ex had a fantastic walk and I used to try and copy her. I like to think I got it off to a tee. She never knew about my cross dressing and would moan when I would jokingly copy her walk saying I had a better walk than her. I often wonder if I can still walk like her now. As I'm a closet dresser I only use my "wiggle" around the home and sometimes think I'm loosing it without copying her.

not sure why but when i have a pair of flats on i get no wiggle, but put on a pair of any kind of "heel" i have a wiggle in my bootee.

and yes it is fun just people watching. and with the heat turned on lots more skirts and dresses out there.

Loni

Years ago I used to think that girls get that wiggle when they walk because they were wearing tight panty girdles...but the girdles are gone now, and the wiggle isn't
    People who live in glass houses should pull the shades down!!

I find it rather easy to add that little 'sway' to my walk, but it took some practice with foot placement, length of stride, etc. Now if I only had that girly flare to my hips I'd have it made.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Next time get or bring a Video Camera. Now you can hit that play-back button.
    Rader
    It's possible to get in trouble doing something like that. Be carefull and make it look like you are recording something else.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I do feel, and this is going to be a brutal honesty, most crossdressers do not posses "the sway" and stroll down the hallway like a freight locomotive
    I suppose for most walk would not be as important when they have doubts about passing anyway, and I sympathize with that thinking however, it wouldn't harm anyone either to walk like a sexy gazelle.

When I begun my transition I let go of my former pretend ways and begun to unlearn all that was foreign to me, just recently I asked my sis of how is my walk and she described it as very gay, I guess that is better than a straight mans walk..........right?

When I walk I allow the muscles of lower back to relax as well as all the upper body keeping the belly muscles in control, I take longer but freer strides allowing hips to settle each step and do not resist when stepping onto the weighted leg, resulting in the leg pushing up on my hip bone and driving my hip upwards to full extension. All the muscles are relaxed.

Very important is good stretch, and as a precursor to walking lessons I would stress several weeks of yoga class.
    Entire hip area must be stretched, woman have an advantage in that arena and their ligaments are not as tight as male for genetic reasons of child birth.

I do walk feminine when just walking without much concern but when I want to put on a girl full on I also ad circular lateral motion to my step, so as you could visualize a straight line, same line caps use when DUI testing, each step does what I indicated above but now I walk a straight line, almost touching my knees each time I swing leg through.

This extenuates the movement, but it is very important to still keep your hips totally lose otherwise when intensely concentrating on the balance we lose the "ever so important", looseness of the hip.

It really is all natural and easy but getting there seems like a non achievable task, I bet anyone, weather 217 lbs former body builder (He he, yours truly) or 164lbs skinny tall girl (he, he yours truly just bit later) can walk gently with grace of a feminine proportion

I am attaching the vid but sorry about my upper torso proportions I was still in somewhat body builder mode :O I hope you like my hips

Last edited by Inna; 06-22-2011 at 11:21 AM.

So I had about 3 minutes to copy her [or try to] before she reached her car.
    With any luck I will get another free lesson tomorrow.

SUZY
    doesn't that just scream stalker? Video is even worse.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

There is a very nice demo of the wide range in walking styles that you can see here:-
    http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLgender.html
    There is a slider to adjust from the neutral gait initially presented to a more and more masculine or feminine gait.

Indeed walking style varies in a continuum and some women have very male walks.

Hannah

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    All this reminds me of something that I observed many years ago in the early 1960s when I was about 13 years old and going to jr high school.
    I had been secrectly dressing in my older sister's and mother's lingerie/clothes since I was about 8 years old.

On day when walking to school, I spotted my older (about 15yrs old) female cousin Carol walking a bit ahead of me.
    What was special was the way she was dresed and the way she walked.

It was a beautiful mid spring morning
    She was dressed in a white blouse, a taylored, knee length pencil skirt and very feminmine but sensible low heel walking shoes. Also, as was the syle of the day, she wore beige seamed nylons.
    I could not help but wonder what kind of garter belt she wore and what color/kind her panties and bra were.
    Given her great figure, she looked fantastic. Actually, she was probably a bit over dressed for going to school I thought.

What really caught my attention however was the way she was walking.
    I had seen her walk before but, this was much different.
    She was appearing to revel in her feminimity and the way she was dressed.
    This was exhibited by such things as the way she held her arms in an overtly feminine fashion, the way she placed one foot in front of the other, the way she held her head high, and the gentle swaying of her hips, etc.... everythinng coordinated in a perfect cadence.
    This was not her normal walk. She did no walk like that when dressed in casual clothes.
    That morning, she was walking and dressed like a sexy woman and proud of it.
    Carol seemed completly lost in her feminimity and clothing and did not seem to care who noticed it
    What a feminine and sexy sight she was I thought even though she was my cousin.

So, there I was, marveling at every move she made and the way she looked/was dressed for the next couple of long blocks as she overtly displayed her joy in her feminimity as she walked.
    I truly wished I looked like her...wished I could wear those clothes!

I took me a few years, but I finaly realized that to walk like a woman you have to think like a woman and revel in the feminimity.
    Thinking like a guy in a dress will not do it as you will often just wind up walking like a caricature of a woman walking, sort of like a drag queen "camping" it up.
    You have to totally accept that you feel like a woman and revel in it.
    As someone already stated "you can't force" it. It must come naturally.

Anyway, to this day I still have my cousin Carol's walk that morning in mind. She epitomised unbridled feminimity!
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 06-22-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    This whole "walk" thing was a curiosity for me for the first year or so that Tina existed, but then a couple of things happened.

1) She bought a couple of pair of 4-5" heels and a 6" platform heel.

2) I was behind a young lady in very high-heel boots and a tight-short skirt. It was as if I was watching that "biomation" video! The girl was walking slowly and the process seemed sooo obvious. Each step was initiated from the upper thigh and hip. The step was short, i.e. there was no more than a shoe length between the toe of one shoe and the heel of the other. The steps were almost one in front of the other, but not quite. Her posture was superb. She was clearly enjoying herself! It really looked as though she was dancing, not just walking!

Ok, so I get home that night and put on my 4.5 inch clogs, thought about what I had seen, and started to walk. I noticed that my right arm started to swing just a little as I got into the swing of it, that by walking this way it was soooo comfortable walking in heels, and that the stride was most definitely led from the upper thigh. Ok, swaying one's butt can exagerate the motion, but that doesn't lead the step, it follows! Really, the best way I can describe it is slowly dancing in a forward direction.

This extends to walking down stairs (another thread we've had recently). Last night I had on some new 4.5 inch heels, a plate in one hand, and a large drink in the other hand. I had to negotiate 12 stairs without the use of a railing (hands were full). So, I did the same as i always do: led with my thigh/hip, and stepped. This time I pointed my toe a bit and easily landed on the next step, felt the heel land, and then took another step. No sweat!!!

It's a dance, and it's enjoyable!

tina

I thought I had "the walk" until I took a video of my walk. Ouch! what an eye-opener. There's work to do!