Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learning to walk like her.

In Allison Liang's book she says that women walk from the hips and heel to toe. A good way to get into the "swing" of it is by club dancing. There anything goes and after awhile (and a coupla drinks) you begin to "get it" with no worries. I feel I had an unfair advantage though since I was taught by lipstick lesbians.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

wow this is a great thread.. i read what people responded and tried it and can definitely tell a difference ^_^ time to get my sway on ladies LOL
    Be Yourself

I can't fight the urge <3 Breannah's Avatar
    Most people naturally walk more feminine in a tight dress and heels anyway, it gives the right posture
    Breanah <3 18 and loving life to the full!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/baby_breanah/sets/

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I thought I had "the walk" until I took a video of my walk. Ouch! what an eye-opener. There's work to do!
    Perhaps but, remember people are usually the most critical about themselves no matter what it is.

Well, my understanding is walking "single file" can give one a "feminine " gait. I know I feel more of a sway in my hips when I do that, and I have never "led" with my shoulders, unless joking around as a "manly man". A really exagerated gait can occur if you cross your feet in front of one another, this is similar to the walk many models tend to do. It also provides a movement that seems to call for the "stomp" models also do. It is anything but practical. LOL.

Corsets and heels REALLY add to a more dramatic change in the way a person walks, male or female.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

revel in the feminimity
    Phrases like this bug me for some reason. Why could it not just be that the skirt allowed her to have more fluid movements? Or the shoes changed her gait, or perhpas the body shaper she may have had on adjusted how she moved. I unserstand she looked nice, but I think this is the kind of thought processes that get us guys in trouble. Frumpy clothes make one feel frumpy, while sexy or nice clothes make us feel that. No matter what the heel height, if there is any kind of heel more than a 1/4 inch, the gait will change. Skirts make one move differently as well. When I wear regular pants I feel they drag on my legs and my steps are closer together so I don't feel that blasted drag. When in leggings or skirt with hose my step are much longer. I can stride when in leggings. If the skirt fits loose it is just like when in leggings, if the skirt is tight then my steps are as wide as the skirt will allow. I do not wear hobble skirts.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Well, you can either "revel" in feminimity or not.
    Enjoying feminimity can also include enjoying the clothes one wears, incling the phyical restrictions female clothing can impose, even for a GG at times
    I do have to question what the altenative would be.

Susan Brownmiller in her book "Feminimity" (and elsewhere) often referes to this.
    She often refers to her obvservation that females often revel in that restrictions female clothes impose in the name of feminimity including saying ..... "to accept all the restrictions of female clothing and come to adore it"...... has become a part of modern feminimty in many cultures.
    She has even said that "every woman is a female impersonator to a certian extent".

So whether most woman wish to admit it or not, they do revel in their feminmity at times and this can include the restrictive feminine clothes they wear which in turn can influence how they walk.
    As Susan saiid, "every woman is a female inpersonator to a certian extent' so they are somewhat like us after all.... or we are somwhat like them this respect.

So, Pythos, what you described is actually one reveling in her feminimity after all...... depending on one's the point of view I guess.

EDIT:
    BTW.... ever noitice that some females stiil walk like the proverbial "truck driver in drag" even when slim figured and dresed in the most restrictive female finery as also does the stereotypical "tom boy"?
    Can it be that they are rejecting that aspect of feminimity instead of reveling in it?
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 06-23-2011 at 04:07 PM.