Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How has this site affected you?

This site has helped me accept myself, pushed me to hone and cultivate a better fem look, and made me determined to start a relationship with honesty about my crossdressing. In short, it has been a fantastic place for me.

I love the diversity in the mutl-layered dressing found here.

Butterfly Bill we may not have the same desires in dressing, but I think you, Jive Turkey on Rye, and all the others that do a man in a dress/skirt look are incredible ambassadors and assets to the TS/CD community.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

In short, this site has been wonderful. I have changed since I first started dressing and I continue to evolve. It's interesting to see that others have gone through the same changes and are not the same dresser that they were when they first started. It's also great to see that I'm not the only one who feels the way I do about dressing. I dress to celebrate the feminine illusion and not because I want to feel like a woman. Women have so many more outlets to express themselves when they dress whether it's their hair, nails, clothes, shoes, bags, jewelry, etc. It's not fair. I want to look like the best girl possible which is what drives me to dress today. Dressing is an all or nothing proposition. It takes a lot of work and I'm lazy about it much of the time. I used to be extremely over the top when I dressed because I thought I had no hope of passing. But I've mustered the courage to "step out" and realize that I don't look too bad. It's a process. Since it's not about feeling like a woman, I don't get involved with the psychology of why I'm dressing. I just don't care. I like what I like. I don't need to rationalize my behavior and I think most on this site would agree. I'm fortunate to have an understanding wife and to only be a size 9.5/10 in women's shoes. Nordstrom, here I come.

For one it has let me know that I am not the only one out there in the world. Living in the middle of nowhere always had me feeling isolated. And, it has taken a while but I think I am finally about ready to take a few steps out into the big world.

Thanj you all

hello,
    this site has given me the courage to say "I am what I am!" (well whisper it to myself at least".
    I love you all for that - thanks for everything
    Jacques

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    For me the big revelation of this site is to realise just how many supportive sisters there are out here in the big wide world.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    It changed my life. Because I found this site, manned-up and joined, AND thanks to advice and life story sharing from Mandy, I came out to my wife. I sleep better, sex is better and I am getting better at being the girl-me. Life has a whole new flavor.

OMG... how has our Forum changed my life... Like most of us, I knew in my head there were such people out there, but for me, I was the only one. I surpressed my desire for so many reasons, for so many years. I felt I fell victim or worse, I allowed to become person with the ultimate betrayal secret. I always hated myself because, I felt so singular, that I was the sissyboy. But joining this group has shown me the diversity of men out there who are just like me. Everyday men, who grew up as boys, did what boys do, married, have children, work, play sports, work in the most masculine professions, are hairy, muscled, bellied, deep voiced, masculine, with one added quality, the feminine side of their pysche is such, like mine, strong enough to need expression beyond what society allows for males. What I found ugly, bad, sinful, alone, became beautiful, good, and righteous when seen as the whole. There is power, comfort, and for self-assurance and for the lack of a better word, normalcy when you connect with others like you.

I have gone from purchasing, wearing and purging, denying myself joy, self-idenitication, pleasure, femininity to purchasing, wearing, storing, caring for my clothes allowing myself to feel, relax, enjoy and forget that Cassie is "something to deal with" to part of someone, ME. I think one of the most important things I've seen in the forum is when I read of so many gals who say, "I'm built like a lumberjack" or I look at the pictures of a truely handsome, masculine man with his feminine picture right next to him. Having the male genes, I guess the visual is what I needed to burn into my mind, "it's not what you look like, it's what you know is true in your mind and heart, everything you can't see".

I have gone from vowing never to let anyone know I'm a sissy to actually putting a picture (sans face, in time), and being proud and excited and knowing I'm transgendered. Knowing it, embracing it, yes, even mourning the loss of my illusion of my phantom masculine self-idenitity, so that I could accept my true nature.

Otherwise, it's been ok....

Cassie
    Last edited by TxCassie; 07-24-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: add text

Catastro-fem
    Coming in here was quite enlightening. Finding that I was not so much weird, nor as alone as I may have thought was a relief. I enjoy the fact that now I have far less guilt feelings than before, and have a slightly better understanding of who I am. I can safely say I don't look any better, but have learned some things that help.

I have yet to try to pass anywhere other than the back yard, but my wife seems to think I should give it a shot. She continues to surprise me as I travel along this path. Just yesterday, she brought me a dress from a yard sale she went to. It may require a bit of work prior to wearing, as it looks REALLY big (even for me!). She has modified bras for me, taken up some things I bought, and for my birthday she bought me some shoes - two pairs of heels and a pair of flats. That was a monumental step to me, as I have NEVER had the nerve to consider it.

So finding this place has changed things a bit, as I've shown her some of the participants of the site that have photos available to me, as well as the "beautiful transmowmen" site. We were both amazed at some of you and how beautifully you turn up as women!

To those who started this site, thank you. To those who have photos and links to your photo pages and sites, thank you as well. When I get the nerve to go further than out the back door, I only hope I do as much justice to being beautiful in apearance as you all. Now... I gotta do something about all this facial fur!

For me, beauty is gonna have to work really hard if it starts on the inside, because it's gonna be rough to get it to come out! I'm gonna need to lose a bit of weight as well. May be a bit easier being a little more happy with myself.

I am Erica2 (and am enjoying it more lately.)

It's been such a help to me just to know that there are others who enjoy this craziness as much as I do. I always thought there was something wrong with me: until I found this site, the only cross-dressers I'd seen were drag queens and once, whilst visiting a relative in Somerset, a bearded guy in his 60s en-drab but wearing high heels. (Now, I wish I'd talked to him about it, but I remember as a teenager thinking he was mad. Even though I did such things myself in private, for some reason my brain didn't connect what I was doing with what he was doing.) I hid my dressing from my wife for 12 years, then she came home unexpectedly one day and it shocked her terribly. She completely rejected it and made me throw everything out. Shortly after I found this site earlier this year, I found the courage to talk to her about it again and now she lets me keep my girlie clothes in my wardrobe and things are progressing in baby, baby steps. It's great! I don't think my marriage would be as strong as it is today if it weren't for the accounts and advice I found here. You are all hugely appreciated. :-)

I feel comfortable and at ease here

As a GG and also a SO to my CD boyfriend I feel like I owe him a big thank you as I feel this site has helped me understand more then what I did. Its also made our relationship even stronger for I have always accepted him just even better with understanding.
    Good things happen to those who wait. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I only wish that I had found this site much earlier!! I actually found it by accident when surfing the Net after my wife died. For those of you who don't know, my late wife and I had been married almost 50 years when cancer took her. She knew that I was a CD when we married and totally supported me. Because she was very skilled in makeup, she could make me very passable. She also would fix my wig!! But even with all that I never actually accepted who, or what, I was!! Yes, I did like to dress and go out as Stephanie, but I wasn't really a girl. Then when I got on this forum I learned that some CD's just dress, and never go any further. Now that my dear wife is no longer around to do my makeup and fix my wig, that is what I do. I dress totally enfemme from the skin out, but wear no makeup and no wig!! So, of course I am a guy in female clothing!! I have been going out that way for the past 6 years, and have not one negative comment made to me!! I have had compliments on my outfits, but that's all!! And most importantly, I have accepted who I am!! I am ME, and I like ME just fine!! Regardless of what I am wearing!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    I found this site the morning after I told my wife I liked to crossdress. Luckily, she was accepting and asked a lot of the usual questions. I showed her the site and she browsed around it a bit but never really took a shine to it. I don't know why and I never asked.

What has this site done for me? Well, it has let me know that I am not strange or alone in what I enjoy. It has also allowed me to communicate with others who enjoy my hobby, something that had never happened before. I appreciate it for that.