Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you more self conscious dancing dressed as a male or female?

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I used to dance Nothern Soul, Rock & Role, Disco Break Dance, whatever was around. I would put the time in and learn the moves and I loved it. Did't matter to me how I was dressed I just love dancing. I do dance very differently when dressed, I used to practice for hours to make sure all of the subtle little mannerisms were right, in a way it was and is just the same as learning any new dance style, these days I obviously dance a lot less, but I still have no worries about who might be watching or judging I just tune in to the music and dance the same as when I was 15, it's just less energetic. Let your self go girls.
    Last edited by Jane G; 06-23-2011 at 02:13 PM.

I've never danced en femme. It might be very interesting. As a male, well, I had a dance instructor tell me that; clearly, I wasn't hearing the same music as the rest of the group. Then she suggested I sit or leave.....
    Sarah M..,
    Women's clothes? I don't put them on, I just grew into them.
    http://sarahjanus.wordpress.com
    www.facebook.com/sarah.m.janus

Quote Originally Posted by MsKimiko View Post
    i love to dance.. i am a very good dancer as a male if i may say so myself.
    i am still practicing dancing as a female. i end up just swaying my hips and doing a sexy look almost like a stripper LOL
    still need to work on it hehe
    I'll bet you look sexy when you dance. I move my hips like a girl when I'm all dressed. I think all girls have a tendency to move "like a stripper", its a genetic thing. Billie Jean

Gold Member
    I am self conscious when I am barefoot and dancing across a hot beach. Doesn't matter the mode. But any other kind of dancing is something I haven't done since my teen years.

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    I cant dance as a male at all, have no rythem. As a female I'm great at it, I just let it go. I wear twirly long skirts when I go out dancing and I love it. I feel beautiful. Women and men have danced with me. I've even dirty danced with a few hot guys too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

Male for sure. I feel awkward and gawky. I feel like everyone is looking at me and laughing.
    Cheryl on the other hand loves music and swaying to the beat and is totally unaffected by that same feeling.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !