Thread: A Bit of good News (Finally)

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar

HRT Letter's...A Bit of good News (Finally)

I had a good session yesterday with my therapist....we laughed together, I cried alot...and at the end of the session she told me that as soon as I could find a Primary Care Physician willing to oversee my medical treatment....she would happily give me my letter for HRT.....

Excited doesn't even to begin to describe how I feel today.
    Last edited by Wendy_Marie; 06-23-2011 at 04:17 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Funny but I was just reading your FaceBook Wall... So I say Congratulations here instead of there! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Thank You Ms. Karren.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Great news about the therapist!

Just one question: does that mean your regular doctor is not co-operating?
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Wendie Marie, Congratulations!... you are that much closer to being you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    Just one question: does that mean your regular doctor is not co-operating?
    Rianna, in the states, we often get healthcare providers that are in a network, particularly ones that our employers provide us. There are many doctors out there, but if they aren't any within your network that provide what you need, then you're out of luck. One doctor works with one or two healthcare agencies, the other works with someone else who is not afiliated with your healthcare provider.

I hope y'all out there have some form of healthcare provided by an employer, at least.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 06-23-2011 at 10:19 PM.

I haven't had the good fortune to have a regular Primary Care Physician for a number of years now.....I called two Doctors whom I have seen in the past.....
    One said that this was an area out of his field of expertise and he felt I should find a Physician who was more experienced. This Doctor is the big Macho type, we use to always share stories of Hunting Camps in Alaska etc...

The other Doctor I attempted to contact gave me the run around. I was asked to share my story with her receptionist which I had no issuse doing...that was on Wednesday afternoon and I still haven't had my calls returned...perhaps it is just a scheduling thing or perhaps she is just outright avoiding my request.

Oh well, I'm not going to let small minded Physicians deter me from my life liong goal....Not when I am so close now to seeing it through.

WOW! Windy Marie I'm so happy for you! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Congratulations Windy! If you are having trouble finding a doctor, have you tried any of the local Trans organizations, for suggestions?
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

while it's rather embarrassing to admit...I think tha major obstacle i have in finding a Prescribing Physicians stems mostly from the fact that as of 05/27/2011 I was layed off permantley and am now living on Unemployment while I searcyh for gainful employment.

No insurance means everything is out of pocket and few Doctors seem willing to extend payment options. I have been given a couple of numbers to call by my Therapist and intend to attend the local TG Support group more often so I can ask questions and seek resources...until then I am happy knowing that money is the only currently standing in my way...I refuse to let money control or ruin the direction of my life and future happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy_Marie View Post
    I haven't had the good fortune to have a regular Primary Care Physician for a number of years now.....I called two Doctors whom I have seen in the past.....
    One said that this was an area out of his field of expertise and he felt I should find a Physician who was more experienced. This Doctor is the big Macho type, we use to always share stories of Hunting Camps in Alaska etc...

The other Doctor I attempted to contact gave me the run around. I was asked to share my story with her receptionist which I had no issuse doing...that was on Wednesday afternoon and I still haven't had my calls returned...perhaps it is just a scheduling thing or perhaps she is just outright avoiding my request.

Oh well, I'm not going to let small minded Physicians deter me from my life liong goal....Not when I am so close now to seeing it through.
    Hmm, got to love the overall medical profession! I spent half the winter dealing with repeated bouts of Kidney stones. The Urologist who I ended up seeing (duty Urologist at Emerg) the first night I went in was about 6' 6' tall and pretty matcho. He was on my case about my earrings right off the bat and continued every time I had to see him during the winter. I finally decided enough was enough and told him to lay off with his homophobia. Kind of shocked him I think that a mere patient would speak to him the Magnificent Urologist in such a manner. Guess what, his receptionist is a beautiful lady who is super nice and always wears heels, hose & dresses. Cool lady. Ironic isn't it?

Kerry