Thread: Oh no! There I Was, Standing In The Bookstore . . .

Oh no! There I Was, Standing In The Bookstore . . .

It was bound to happen. My spouse and I were in the bookstore. I was en drab, beige Dockers and an orange polo shirt.

Suddenly, the manager of the women's exercise center that we belong to spotted us, came over, said "Hi!" and started a conversation with us!

Big problem! She is definitely not supposed to know I have a drab side! Busted!

She asked my opinion about whether that particular location might be closing. We chatted about it for a while and then we went our separate ways. No indication she was startled or that she was aware I was a guy.

My spouse and my friend both think that after two years of seeing only Persephone that she never really saw "him," that she just saw the same woman she is used to seeing.

I don't know, and I'm worried.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Hi,

Oh dear be very,,,,,, worred ....he he ....

As you both go to gether & are seen to gether, will depend on have you both spoken with her to gether & how you speak or change your voice, ? at the center. some times people regardless of clothes just know who we are, & then it can go the other way , no idear at all .

Im reconised by my voice & no matter what i wear im known & my smile one friend was across the road & calls out what you wearing those for. not my normal womans clothes . meaning overalls & bean'e hat. no matter if your well known.

Are you ...REALLY ....worried , or just a tad he he , your sussed .

...noeleena...

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Barbara, Barbara, Barbara,

Worried? Why? Let me put it this way; I have a sign for you:

Your "lives" which you think are separate, are not as separate as you may believe - they seem to be merging. Is that a bad thing? Not in my eyes. You are simply further down the road that I see myself walking. A road where my two personas merge into one cohesive whole. Embrace it!

Kathi

I am confused as to the point of concern. Usually it is when the CD is spotten en fem by someone that knows that drab version, is when worry ensues. This is near the opposite.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post

Big problem! She is definitely not supposed to know I have a drab side! Busted!

My spouse and my friend both think that after two years of seeing only Persephone that she never really saw "him," that she just saw the same woman she is used to seeing.

I don't know, and I'm worried.
    Read this again:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post2295633

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post

Your "lives" which you think are separate, are not as separate as you may believe
    Right, putting it more bluntly, as is my wont. People aren't stupid, Barbara...they know...and this whole separation thing you're doing is getting a little bit....silly. There is only one of you. If you want to live full time...as you seem to do, then do so...without the silly lies to people.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

I wouldn't be worried. She was probably as surprised as you were.

OK, let's examine the possibilities here, in order of likelihood.

1. She made you the first time you went to exercise at her establishment. She chose to ignore this out of common courtesy, professional discretion, or sheer avarice (you and your wife are paying customers after all; most classes of this kind pay the instructors by the head in some way).

2. She just assumed you dressed down to run some errands.

3. She was surprised to see you as a male. As she didn't indicate it, this is quite unlikely.

If 1, your secret is safe (at least as long as you continue your classes). Think what would happen to you if it were known you had betrayed a confidence (even implied) in business and you were employed at will and as needed. You would probably have a difficult time finding work at all. She has a big stake in keeping a secret (even if it's not one).
    If 2, again you're safe.
    3 is not even an issue. Since she kept up a conversation at length with you and your wife without any awkwardness, the probability of 3 is essentially zero.

Basically, either you're not out any further than you already were, or you're out all the way and people just don't care.
    So don't worry; be happy!
    Donna
    Last edited by donnalee; 06-25-2011 at 12:24 AM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Worried about what?

Look at the bright side...At least she did not ask you to borrow some money.

Oh, I get it now...women's exercise center. Well, if she readily recognized "you" in drab I would speculate that she might also have already recognized the same (in reverse) at the exercise center for quite some time. Recognition is one thing, acknowledgement is another.

Maybe she plans to continue to act like she is unaware of the issue at the exercise center to avoid any liability or responsibility if and/or when your "secret" is uncovered at the club. She certainly would not be the first "corporate" representative to use that strategy, now would she...

Only one way to find out, eh?

good luck!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wouldn't worry, I have been told many many times I would never be mistaken for the Bill side of my life if seen as Staci, I can see me in there under the makeup but people say they would never know me if they saw me. That being said I don't care if they did for the most part, Just my coworkers would make it a little difficult.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

A couple of months ago, I went to my local makeup store in drab to get perfume for my wife. The s/a there recognized me. She said I know you! I asked her how. She said your eyes, I always remember eyes. We both laughed and oh well, I proceeded to get some makeup for me with her advice.

I think that she did know (you can't change your face shape or facial features without surgery), so there are 2 possibilities: either she is being very tactful and nice about it (maybe she thinks your wife may not know) or she is going to gossip about it behind your back. I dealt with the gossip for years (out of spite, my children's mother gossiped about my CD). That made people leery of me. However, once I finally came out and was open and honest about it with everybody, nobody cared. I think the problem most people had was that I had something to hide; once I was open about it, nobody cared.