Thread: First time out.

First time out.

Just wondering. When you went out the first time, where did you go, how long were you out, did people notice or care, alone or with friends, and any thing else you would think that would be helpful?
    What should I do today?

First time out for Cynthia was a interstate rest area where I used the ladies room about 40 years ago! Other ladies were in there but nothing was said!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I went out with members of a crossdresser/transgender group, meeting at a gay-friendly resort. The surrounding town is pretty friendly, and we ate at a local restaurant. I wondered about stares from some other diners while walking in, but I successfully ignored them, and being in the group helped a lot. We didn't walk down the town's sidewalks with the rest of the tourists; which would have intimidated me more. Baby steps. Under two hours in town, but dressed up for half the day. Being with others who have confidence helped reassure me things would be fine. Next step is going out a 2nd time...in a more unknown environment, local friendly bar, or far away town. Don't know yet.

Mandy Marie

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Dragged kicking and screaming out the door of my apartment, down the steps, and off to a LGBT establishment 30 miles away by a wonderful CD friend I met online right here. Nobody seemed to notice or care one iota. Even got a compliment from a gorgeous GG on my strappy heels. Hers were nice too! One of the local Drag Queens hung out for some time pretty much just staring at my chest, making small talk, and showing me his pictures. I don't blame him at all, even I like staring at my chest in full bloom![/SIZE]

I dressed for Nursing Home Week back in 2000. Me and the maintaince man dressed up. We both had shaved our legs and looked good in the dresses we wore. My first real time out I went and paid my electric bill in the night deposit and then went shopping. The next night I went to a CD friendly bar. I am now hooked on going out. Billie Jean

Driving and walking at night, staying in the shadows but wanting to step out into the light. Scary but exciting. Going more into the public was a slow process for me.

First time was just driving, then eventually getting out of the car and walking in a park without too many people, not walking too close to anyone and maybe using the ladies' room, ladies' rest rooms are always so much cleaner and better smelling. Eventually got the courage to go to a gas station and refill, did it at night the first time, then in the day. At one point in 2002 I summoned the courage to open up to a former female co-worker who was totally cool with it and took some pictures of me in a park, I need to buy a scanner so I can post some of those, I was still in my early 30s then and I think I look pretty hot in them. It's all about what you feel comfortable with. It's good to have a friend with you if you can, both for moral support or in case some idiot wants to start trouble.
    Last edited by L'eggs n' heels; 06-25-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Both of my times out were by myself at Goodwill and a thrift store. I went as soon as the sun set to have the "stealth" feeling. I was out for just an hour. A few people looked mainly because I dress like a **** lol
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    My first time dressed and out of the house was when I was eight years old...I faked being sick and was allowed to stay home alone for the first time ever. After mom left for work I put on a lime green sundress and a pair of sandals I had err, ummm liberated from one of my older sisters closets and after a couple of false starts i went out the door and walked close to a half a mile down the road to a public park.
    I spent a good deal of time there playing on the equipment but my favorite activitiy was swinging in my pretty dress.
    I left after more than an hour and was passed by several cars which I knew belonged to neighbors...as I neared home I feared Mom had came home early, but found that while I had missed her calling to check in on me. No one was at home. I explained that I was asleep and just didn't hear the phone and nothing else was said about it...that has been some 38 years ago now and is one of my fondest memories of dressing.
    Last edited by Wendy_Marie; 06-26-2011 at 08:33 AM. Reason: spelling
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Years ago, the memory gets hazy ( who's talking? where am I? ), either at a gay bar on Halloween, or at the WeHo Halloween thing on the Blvd.- in those days I'd only dress( fully ) on Halloween because "I'm not really into this" ( yeah right, keep swimming that Egyptian river ).
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

we strive for perfection tall sam's Avatar
    In and around the UK - no commiting here!
    Other than a sneek out while dressed my first time out in publin was in Toronto with Wildside. They did my makeup and gave some dressing advice etc. I went with three other local CD'rs who were very friendly and alos knew where to go. Got a few strange looks and chirps as I am 6'6 and do stck out a bit. We went for dinner at a place with a drag show, then to a gay pub then finally to a nightclub - got back 3am or something.
    I was there on business and far from home so wasnt too worried about being spotted.
    I was madly excited about the excersion but somehow it didnt really give me the thrill I was expecting - just too nervous and concerned I suspect.
    I havent been out since in public (4 years) but really want to plan something soon again.

Sammy

Gold Member
    Other than a few times out at night where I wasn't seen, the first time was for a make-up lesson at an Ulta. I went by myself but met up a SA that I had recently met. I had two ladies give me a look that I saw (don't care about those I didn't see). One was face-to-face with me while getting my lesson and she was getting her hair done. I just tilted my head and gave her a big smile and that was it. When picking out some make-up after, another lady was walking by and looked up at me and smiled and I gave her one back. Amazing what a great weapon the smile is.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My first official time I went out was to a local TV/TS Support group,I was on my own and must have wore a groove in the Pavement before plucking up the courage to enter,and meet the 1st EVER people that would see me dressed.I had a nice evening and got invited down to the bar for drinks,everything was new to me ,loved being called "she" etc,over the next cpl of visits I made friends,inc Joanne who was to become my best friend.A few months later I ventured out into the street dressed and that was a nerve wracking experience,all these experiences helped shape who I am now

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

My first time was SHOPPING....with my spouse. We spent the entire day at an outlet mall and then went to a second on the way home. It was great!
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Aspiring Member
    First time out dressed was last August:
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...the-first-time

First time out dressed in daylight and mainstream was yesterday at the Burbank Mall.
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...to-the-Ex-Wife
    —Mikaela

First time out? I went to a cosmetic store and bought blush. It was the most fun that I've ever had shopping

Wow! My first time out was at a local trans friendly bar-lounge where there were quite a few others also crossdressed.I had a good time eventhough I
    was scared out of my mind.I remember standing in line on the way in and someone commented on me haveing too much makeup on.From then on
    I have worked very hard to improve my makeup skills................................every man alive should experience crossdressing.there is nothing on earth
    more fantastic....dana

Just this last January. The story's over here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...by%27s+day+out