Thread: Planning on going to Way Out Club in London on 2 July - any tips?

Planning on going to Way Out Club in London on 2 July - any tips?

Hello,

My first post in a long time. I have been on again off again for a number years now (and I don't mean just the forum; - as I am sure some of you can relate)

Anyways, I am on again and planning on going to the Way Out Club this Saturday.
    I am hoping to have a fun night and to meet people (girls, boys whatever). I am not really interested in watching any of the 'drag shows' To be honest, at best I find them uninteresting and at worst offensive. - I don't find anything comical about being transgendered - anyway, enough ranting ,

For those of you who have been to the Way Out Club, is this place more about the drag shows OR more of a club atmosphere where people mingle, drink, dance etc. ?

Well, I wanted to let you know I am planning on going this Saturday. I am not sure if there are any regulars of the club on this forum. Also any advice on where to stay - i am thinking a hotel nearby where I can walk to the club - , and maybe what to do at the club to have a good time would be appreciated. Just to clarify I have no objection to being hit on by men or women I also really enjoy meeting new people, sharing a few drinks and laughs with others at a club.

I have also read some of the other posts mentioning the Way Out Club and I thank those who wrote them.

M
    Last edited by legz31; 06-26-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Wish I could join you, but I have other plans for the 4th. Let me know how it turns out. I would like to know more about clubs that are friendly to cd/trans girls. I only went out a couple of times dressed up, but WOW!!! It was really fun. It's something I would like to experience again.

Doesn't get out much. sandcastle's Avatar
    Where is the Way Out Club these days?

Sandra
    Sandcastle is a bit buried.

did it move? I thought it was always at the same location. I have never been, but the website says:
    The WayOut Club is at Charlie's
    9 Crosswall (off Minories) London EC3N 2JY

Banned Read only
    Um now that sounds interesting. Let us know how you get on

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I'm sure it caters for all tastes,It certainly appears so from the breakdown of figures for those attending,on their website.As for accommodation,I'm pretty sure if you e-mail the club they can recommend somewhere for you.Just Dress up to the nines,highest heels and shortest skirt on and have the time of your life

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I've never been to the club,but their website seems to give a fairly good idea of what they have on. They also have recommendations for hotels within walking distance at http://www.thewayoutclub.com/accomodation.htm
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Tips - enjoy yourself as you, interact with everyone, smile a lot, act and feel like you belong there as much as any other patron, go for it and dance like no one is watching you. Please do share with us how it all turns out.

Thanks ladies. I will let you all know how it goes. There is an off chance I might not go as I am not feeling very well at the moment, but I am hoping to kick it by Saturday.

well stay tuned. hope it turns out to be a fun night

Hi Rianna, thank you so much for the link to the hotels in that area. The rates are much cheaper than my wife and I had expected for this central London location. We will be visiting London in Oct.

It's amazing that you posted this because I have been trying to find some places, similar to this, where I might be able to get away to, for some fun. I do hope you have a good time if you go, and as others have said, please let us know how it went!

Party hardy!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click here to experience the Ionis Supernova!

“Our senses enable us to perceive only a minute portion of the outside world.”

- Nikola Tesla

If any one is in a party mood like me, or just want to have some fun, I started a party music thread in the lounge. So come over, join me, and let your hair hang down!!!!!

LINK TO PARTY MUSIC THREAD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Nikola Tesla

Hi,

I have been to the Way Out Club a number of times and it is a great fun venue. Its a regular club in terms of music, dancing with quiet places to sit and chat. The shows that I have seen vary from cheesy to very good depending on who is performing, but all great fun and in good respectful taste. I went there recently with 2 lesbian friends who have never been to a TG venue and we all had a great time, they commented on how friendly everyone was.

There is a very eclectic mix which cuts across all aspects of the Transgender spectrum and single guys. These cover the whole range of type and are part of the club vibe. There is a very strong no tolerance policy of any harassment so its as very safe place to spend an evening out.

Enjoy your visit,

Hugs,

Mala xx

Enjoy your evening,

The Frantastics are playing on the 2nd.

don't forget about Sparkle next weekend

http://www.sparkle.org.uk/
    DonnaT

WOW! It sound like a great place to go. I need to start saving up. I have been wanting to visit the UK for quite some time. I think it will be so much fun!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Nikola Tesla

So, I went to the Way Out Club this past Saturday and as promised, here is a report. As is customary on this forum, I will add in bits you probably don't care about just for fun

Friday: I went to the mall on Friday afternoon and picked up a new pair of shoes, very sparkly with a fairly short heels, so I can last the night on Saturday I also bought a few tops, one skirt and short shortjeans. It was fun and thrilling to shop.

Saturday: One of the tops I bought on Friday was too tight around my chest. Damn rib cage! Too bad because it was a super cute corset:
    http://reviews.next.co.uk/4377-en_gb...46/reviews.htm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-Cream-La...#ht_1998wt_932

The picture there does not do justice to it. Anyway, I had grabbed a size 10 petite, and it was not even close. So I went back Saturday morning and got a size 14 petite instead, largest they had. Then I hopped on the train.

The Way Out Club takes place Saturday nights. (It is at Charlie's which I guess is a regular bar other nights of the
    week). Getting to the area of the club was a nightmare as London underground is only 50% functional these days. I guess they are upgrading a lot of the stations. But once I got off the tube in Tower Hill station, my hotel was only a 5 minute walk. I checked in, chilled out, tried on the corset and still too tight. I am seriously considering cutting the fabric in the back where the laces go because I know it would fit then. Anyway, how to modify a corset is another thread for another day.
    I also tried on all the outfits I brought with me and decided that it would be the short shortjeans, new shoes and my favorite black top (which I seem to end up wearing almost 2/3 times I am out to a club). Afterwards, I decided to walk over to Charlie's to make sure I knew how to get there. Turned out it was very close to where I was staying, so no problems. I did some more walking around (boymode) and it is in a fairly decent part of London.

Anyway back to the hotel, and I started getting ready. If you are anything like me, getting ready for a night like this usually involves at least an hour in the bath with some tunes in the background, shaving and singing and enjoying the moment. (It was Lady Gaga and Kesha this time - sorry pop haters So by the time I was done with that, I was hungry, I ran down to the hotel restaurant and had a quick bite and a drink. Then went back upstairs to my room, and started getting ready. Of course my finger nail polish decided it would take forever to dry and I had to redo it twice because I messed it up while fiddling in my purse sorting out what make up to bring with me.
    One of the cool things about the Way Out Club is it is fairly typical for someone to change there. I knew it would be too nerve racking for me to walk through the fancy hotel lobby I was staying with my sexy outfit, so I decided to put my clothes and shoes in a bag and go over to Charlies en drab. (apparently fairly typical as well, since they advertise this on their website)
    Well long story short, after my nails finally dried, I packed my outfit,make up and wig, and out the door I went.
    (no it was not nerve racking to leave with pink finger nail polish as I can put my hands in my pockets .

I am taking a quick break now. Will tell you how it went at the club in a few.
    xx
    M

I got to Charlie's -a.k.a. Way Out Club - at around 10pm Saturday night. It was pretty dead at that point.

Turns out the changing room mentioned on the website is just the women's bathroom. Which is fine, but I thought they actually had a proper changing and make up area. In the bathroom, two ladies were applying their make up. One of them asked to borrow an emery board, unfortunately I did not have one with me. But I could tell it was a very friendly place. I changed and proceeded on putting my make up on. In about 15 minutes, I was ready. I went back out, gave my bag to the chap at the cloakroom and went over to the bar. You get a free drink with your admission ticket, though it is only 'cocktail' which I am not sure had any alcohol in it. I guess I should say my only negative comment about the Way Out Club is that the mixed drinks are pretty bad and weak. (no fault of the organisers of Way Out Club but more a statement on Charlie's I would think). In any case.

The place filled up fairly quickly. I was surprised to see so many men there. All ages, looks etc. I guess 'admirers'. But I was surprised how many of them there was. My second and bigger surprise was the number of transsexuals. I have been to other similar venues but mostly folks there were crossdressrs like me (I really don't want to get hung up on semantics) I am just making an observation. I guess it makes sense, London must have a lot of transsexuals, and this place is really the perfect place to have a night out without anyone 'looking at you funny', whether you are a post-op transsexual or not.

The music was nice and I danced some, but I would say it would have been more fun if I was not there alone. I am not one to walk up to strangers and strike up a conversation. The place was very friendly but I spent most of the night on my own. A few girls chatted with me and this one gentleman bought me a drink. All in all, it was a fun night. It is definitely a place ideal for anyone transgendered, or has any interest in those who are. It is a club, so the idea is to have a few drinks, to dance, and certainly there are many there to pick someone up or be picked up, just like any other club.

The appearance of most girls there were top notch. Again some amazing looking transsexuals (in fact, a few I am pretty sure I have seen on the internet). But clearly none of the girls were taking their appearance lightly.

I will definitely want to go back again and really recommend it to all.
    xx
    M
    Last edited by Nigella; 07-05-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts

Banned Read only
    Thanks for the update its interesting to know how the night went. I've never been out dressed up and don't have any intention of doing so. But, going for a night out at the wayout club dressed up does interest me. Sounds like fun. I must admit you're brave to go alone. I'm tempted to try it myself. It sounds like you had a good time.

Now a few questions if you don't mind.

Just out of interest where there many others alone? Again that's something I've never done before. Go to a club alone. Do you think it would be a good place for someone like me to go who has no experience? and did you enjoy it enough that you want to go again?

Natalie

That was a nice review. Thanks. Sounds like the perfect place to get away to and let your hair hang down. Nice to see that have some facilities for changing, although it seems like they could be expanded upon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie D View Post
    Thanks for the update its interesting to know how the night went. I've never been out dressed up and don't have any intention of doing so. But, going for a night out at the wayout club dressed up does interest me. Sounds like fun. I must admit you're brave to go alone. I'm tempted to try it myself. It sounds like you had a good time.

Now a few questions if you don't mind.

Just out of interest where there many others alone? Again that's something I've never done before. Go to a club alone. Do you think it would be a good place for someone like me to go who has no experience? and did you enjoy it enough that you want to go again?

Natalie
    Yes there were definitely others who were there on their own. I would say most people were in groups but I did not feel out of place not knowing anyone else there.

You can always just go in boy mode if you wanted to see what the place is like. I am not someone who goes out dressed very regularly at all. And this was the first time I have been out in London. And yes I would definitely go again.

The only issue for me is I live quite a ways from there, so it would also involve staying at a hotel. Even though it was only 7 pounds to get in, I spent A LOT more than that for the hotel room. This is also a bad time because most hotels nearby were booked. I think I will wait a few months and go again. (hopefully will get a better deal for a hotel room in the September)

Also another option is see who else from this forum might be up for it and we could all show up there. I think people from this forum have done similar outings in the past. The Way Out Club would really be ideal for such a thing because as I said, you can just show up with a bag, turn into a diva for the night dance the night away, and change and head back home.

My favorite part of the evening was probably dancing. I am not a dance lover or anything but it was fun to be dancing in a club with my high heels and short shorts on.

Yeah I definitely recommend it even if you have never been out. This is probably the easiest way to go out. (my first outing was to a similar club, but I had to walk through the hotel and hotel car park dressed, and that was the most difficult part, once you get to the venue and see others, you no longer worry)

Thanks for the interesting update, glad the night went well...
    First time I went there it was with a recently new friend, then I went a couple more times on my own and managed to chat to a few others who had gone solo as well; never been with a group as I dont know many girls.
    But either way, its an interesting place to visit at least once (in a while)

Quote Originally Posted by DaniellaTG View Post
    Thanks for the interesting update, glad the night went well...
    First time I went there it was with a recently new friend, then I went a couple more times on my own and managed to chat to a few others who had gone solo as well; never been with a group as I dont know many girls.
    But either way, its an interesting place to visit at least once (in a while)
    Does New York have a place that's similar?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Nikola Tesla

Banned Read only
    I'm thinking about going for the Alternative Miss London which this year is taking place on 8th October. http://bit.ly/oIvJ7Z

Is anyone else planning to go?
    Last edited by Natalie D; 08-20-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: link added