Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need to Share: Tried a Personals Ad, Got a Reply

Talking I Need to Share: Tried a Personals Ad, Got a Reply

I'm totally walking on a cloud tonight. I decided to run a personals ad on a normal dating site (plentyoffish.com) which is 100% honest about my crossdressing. I was worried that the site wouldn't allow the ad, but it's been up for over a month with no issues or complaints. My ad was not sexual, just honest about myself and my CDing hobby.

Previously I've tried running a personal on a dating site specific to crossdressers, but the only response I got there was from men who disregarded my wish to only meet and date women.

I got a sincere reply this weekend from my POF ad and exchanged several emails today with her. She seems genuinely interested in me, and my little secret. I even shared pics of myself in femme and in drab. She's an absolute beauty in my book (judging by her pics). She even complimented me on my girl pics.

I've never had a really difficult time with dating as a "normal" guy, but being in the closet has played a role in my ending past relationships. Secrets are really bad for emotional sanity and relationships.

I know it's a long shot that this person is "the one," but it has given me the confidence to keep looking and being honest about who I am. I've been extremely lonely over the last couple years because of being too in the closet.

I just had to share. Thanks everyone. (did I mention... I'm soooo excited!)

That could be pretty cool. Honesty from the start, no hiding, and no fear. Sounds like it could be perfect! Good luck to ya'!

Good for you. It will be exciting to just be you.

I am on POF too, but present as male. I have met a number of women and if I think the relationship might go someplace I tell them I cd. Not any have told me not going to happen, but we did stop seeing each other for other reasons. I think with the large amount of women on POF we are bound to find a few who will be okay with our crossdressing. At least it seems that way to me and my encounters.

Kewl

I've never answered but on Craigslist there's quite an interest in the mw4m section, often they'll ask for a CD, Tranny or whatever, check them out.

Gold Member
    I hope it ends up being a good experience for you, whether she is the one or not. It is pretty cool that it is out on the table from the beginning. That sure saves a lot of thoughts and possible stress. Good for you!

I was on POF with my avatar pic and an honest (non-sexual) description. My account was deleted after 1 week, no notice, no email saying why and no response to the (so far) 12 mails I have sent to them asking why!

Hi,

Funny that im on there wow thats good. youll see my info same pic as here & my name.

Now dont get any idears, he he ,,,,,,

...noeleena....

Platinum Member
    It's great to get a positive response to an honest and open ad. Just keep this in mind. Don't start out with a LTR in mind. Focus on getting to know and learning to enjoy each other.

There is hope, its so nice to hear someone might find that "someone special", I'm so happy for you.

Good for you young lady! I hope things work out great for you! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I did the same thing on POF, ran a personal ad that was honest about my CD. It was not deleted, but on the other hand I got no replies to it either. As such, I now present as a man, and when I do receive replies, I tell them in my first reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Wilde View Post
    I was on POF with my avatar pic and an honest (non-sexual) description. My account was deleted after 1 week, no notice, no email saying why and no response to the (so far) 12 mails I have sent to them asking why!
    I didn't include a female pic of myself. I just put the crossdressing in my description, along with my other hobbies and likes. Maybe that would work for you. You can make some pics private on POF. When you make a pic private, people can only see it if you message them.

---

Thanks for the encouragement and concern everyone.

Just be careful. While it's rare, there are women who will try to take advantage of you. I had a friend who met a younger, gorgeous, totally accepting woman. She was 100% encouraging and was involved with the community, even to the point of appearing in a local newspaper article on crossdressers as an advocate of the gender community. As soon as they got married, she switched 180 degrees and informed my friend that he/she couldn't CD any more. Then she got a shyster lawyer and divorced my friend, took everything, got the house, car and all the money which left my friend broke financially and emotionally.

So if someone appears to be too good to be true, proceed with caution.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    As soon as they got married, she switched 180 degrees and informed my friend that he/she couldn't CD any more. Then she got a shyster lawyer and divorced my friend, took everything, got the house, car and all the money which left my friend broke financially and emotionally.

Carol
    Caution always - and a prenuptual agreement!

Amen to the prenuptial. It's a shame to have to do that, but it's a good idea.
    My name is Carol.

I admire your honesty from the start. Now she knows what she getting into and she can make a decision early. She may not be "THE ONE" but this will, like you said, give the confidence on down the road to be able to tell others you meet. Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by wino_tg_girl View Post
    I didn't include a female pic of myself. I just put the crossdressing in my description, along with my other hobbies and likes. Maybe that would work for you. You can make some pics private on POF. When you make a pic private, people can only see it if you message them.

---

Thanks for the encouragement and concern everyone.
    I suppose that's an idea.... I must admit though, I was inundated with messages..... Mainly from "straight" men....
    I was advertising as a gay man looking for a gay man!

The Unlucky
    Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    Just be careful. While it's rare, there are women who will try to take advantage of you. I had a friend who met a younger, gorgeous, totally accepting woman. She was 100% encouraging and was involved with the community, even to the point of appearing in a local newspaper article on crossdressers as an advocate of the gender community. As soon as they got married, she switched 180 degrees and informed my friend that he/she couldn't CD any more. Then she got a shyster lawyer and divorced my friend, took everything, got the house, car and all the money which left my friend broke financially and emotionally.

Carol
    That's unfortunate, but also good advice as well. Kinda sounds like my roommate, she's been searching on Craigslist and posted a profile on "sugardaddyforme.com". Now she's in talks with a couple of guys about a "contract" marriage. I don't think she realizes getting a job is easierthan swindling money out of people.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    weLL I got a prenutial agreement before my third marrige to my now wife of just over two years. Of cours she didn't know about my crossdressing , for it was a non issue at the time of marriage. I had not become Tara since 1997. It was history. But I pushed for the pre-nup to protect my interst's in my own home that was almost paid for. But I can so relate to the GG that sis a 180% about face. Like I have said on here so many times before, not only form my personal experience, but of the thousands of true stories I have read, of wives doing this exact same thing. MIne was so encouraging for me to become Tara a little over a year ago, and we had a lot of fun and then suddenly, she flipped and carried on as tho she had just found out about the very thing that she had encouraged me so to do., and has threatened me 5 times to use it against me in divorce court. All crossdressers should take heed to all of the stories like this.

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    I also had an ad on POF as my fem-self.... nothing sexual, I thought quite well put. Like others, my ad dissapeared without notice, and everytime I've tried to repost, my profile gets deleted. I think POF is very bigoted and discriminating. Read their terms of use.. I never saw anything that lead me to believe I was breaking any rules by placing an ad as a CD. I have boycotted them completely... found that OKcupid is much more friendly and have had much more luck!

I've been on OkCupid for a long time and have listed my crossdressing as one of the details of myself for almost two years now, pretty much right after coming out. I've since actually met up with four girls via the site, which is actually more than I did when I wasn't out, and even a few months earlier this year when I tried, as an experiment, removing all references to my CDing from the profile and seeing if it upped my replies. It didn't, in fact I got none. Three of the four girls were after that.

It's really great to be open and honest with women about this part of myself before even meeting them so that it's all just out there. I do it way too often and it's too much of who I am to have to fully closet myself again to start dating someone new. I still dress fairly drabby for the first few dates till I make sure she's comfortable with it and then make sure she's ok with it before I just show up to a date in a skirt. The most recent girl I dated had already dated a full MtF crossdresser, so she was totally fine with it, enough for me to wear a skirt on our second date.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

We've chatted a bit over email and by phone since Sunday. I'm going out with her on Thursday evening. Meeting at a bar for a beer tasting event (I'm both a beer geek and a wine geek). I'll be in guy mode, like I usually am. I've only actually gone out in female mode once in my entire life. If she wants to meet Evie I'll let her, but I don't plan to push it. As much as she's wanted to talk about me as a crossdresser, I think she wants to meet my softer side very soon. She is very interested in my feminine side. I actually think it's one of the main reasons she contacted me. It's pretty surreal talking openly about it, a lot of damn fun too.

Pof is cool... but they dont letcha post triple x pics. Glad for u wino tg girl.wish i cld find a gg close by..not a thousand miles away..thats what i find fruatrating. Like...omg there she is the hottest chick..oh wait she's over there 8 states...dam its always that way!! The publicf##kbook is a good site, so is meetlocals but idk how many tg's on them...probly few. altcom prob the place to go and of course adultfriendfinder..anything goes.

Plentyoffish delated my profile today because of this line in profile
    My friends say that I am easy going and easy to talk to and some do talk to me about almost anything including girl talk LOL I guess that would be beacuse I am a crossdresser.
    I sent them an email asking if that is why and if they dont respond I am going to report them to the ACLU to see if I would have a case. I will keep you all updated on what I hear from them