Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
I've been thinking about this for awhile and I want to explore this topic further on my blog. I was spurred into action by Andy's "you know you're trans" blurbs.

Let's start a list of what being TS is NOT; I'd like to see what the sisterhood comes up with.

Being a TS is NOT about acting like a woman

Being a TS is NOT about passing as a woman

Being a TS is NOT about dressing like a woman

Being a TS is NOT about being pretty

Being a TS is NOT about having surgeries

Okay girls, the floor is yours

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
Gosh folks, I wasn't trying to start a grumble fest.

Freddie posted something a while back about this being a discussion group and we should discuss things and I happened to agree with her 100% so I thought I would initiate a topic for us to discuss. I enjoy exploring our various motivations and objectives and our feelings about why we are the way we are. I'm always interested in how other people arrive at the same place when they took a totally different route. I love the vigorous back and forth with intelligent (but open minded) people whose pointed arguments sometimes stretch the limits of what I know, or what I think I know. This is an internet forum after all. What else are we supposed to do within the texty confines of a discussion board?

Instead of forthright discussion, everyone just picked a corner and squared off against each other. That's not exactly what I had in mind, even though I do tend to see what I want to see most of the time.

I will admit that there are certain members that tend to kill discussion threads, but I urge those of you with something to say, to say it and ignore the bullies that would be delighted to get the last word in as if it were law.
well what did you really expect when you open a discussion with such a statement.

A discussion is about discussing what is put in front of you, adding your opinion to that topic and then seeing how things develope.

When Fredrique starts a discussion she uses a measured approach to the topic and does not make blanket statements. Whilst I admit, for me, some of her topics are a little deep, they do offer a chance for a true discussion to take place, I have never seen one of her posts develop into a war.

If you want to discuss things on this forum, without them going down the pan, offer a choice of "sides", not just one blanket statement, too many people try to "force" a view and then wonder why they get shot to pieces.

Just my