Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Day Out as Mikaela (Mainstream) & Follow Up on Coming out to the Ex-Wife

Aspiring Member

Smile First Day Out as Mikaela (Mainstream) & Follow Up on Coming out to the Ex-Wife

So a couple weeks ago, I mentioned coming out to my ex-wife about a situation that required me explaining the CDing so that I could get the best advice possible under the circumstances.

The situation was that there was a woman I liked, who liked me a lot both as Kae and Mike (although more Mikaela at the time). I wanted my ex's thoughts on the matter (she's always encouraged me to be happy and date, etc, so it isn't a conflict like it would be for some people). I had conflict because I still have walls up and I didn't know how I felt with being liked for my girl side more (again, at the time). She encouraged me unconditionally and told me to not be a retard, have fun, live in the moment, etc. So, I did! And lucky me, ex-wifey even still checks to make sure I'm not being stupid and that things are going well.

Although the woman I'm dating isn't a 'tran chaser', she has a lot of friends in the community and has used club time as a 'safe' place where she really doesn't need to worry about being picked up, etc. So yes, she's fine with my femme side and even knows 'her' better than 'him', although that's been changing lately. As she's said, it's always me, just different accessories. It's been really nice and I've been really happy lately.

We've done some dates with me in boy mode, girl mode has been restricted to club nights only, but things changed yesterday!

We're going to be going to a glow event at a nightclub in hollywood on the 9th, so I needed to get some more clubby/glowy clothes/ideas for that. The goal was to go to the mall as Mikaela for my first time out in the daylight. I dressed casual (stripey top, jeans, flats, day makeup) instead of the slightly more night time look I do for club at Shine.

I drove up to Burbank to pick her up and when we finally got out the door, I drove us to the mall there. It went pretty uneventful actually. I paid more attention to talking to her then trying to figure out who was making me or not. Then again, I'm taller than her by a bit, so we probably just looked like mismatched lesbians, too.

We went into some various shops and got called out as "Hi ladies,..." so that was nice.
    In one of the shops, I even went and tried some things on with no issues from anyone. I don't even recall any double-checks, although I'm sure I was clocked here and there. One thing I learned about trying on clothes is that it is evil to your hair.
    I didn't even get any stares, so all in all, that's a success in my book. I don't care/think I pass, my motto is to just be below the radar as much as I can, and I succeeded there. I didn't even get a lot (couple inappropriately short skirts that will require wearing dance shorts under them and a mesh top), but I'll ride back up there tonight (in boy mode) to get some of the accessories we saw without me being self conscious on interacting with people.

I didn't get the rush like I did the first time I went out at night, since I loathe malls and shopping anyway, but at least it was a milestone that wasn't unpleasant.

I didn't really take any pics, though, so I might have one or two from the phone (the close up in the car is after 8 hours so beardshadow is starting to creep). I tried with my real camera, but didn't like how they turned out. Will check that again tonight, though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mikaela; 06-29-2011 at 03:48 PM.
    —Mikaela

Hi Mikaela
    This post not only reads beautiful, the pictures just look stunning.

It is great that you have a relationship with your ex-wife that llows you to get good advice and even better that you have a budding relationship with a new person! Sounds like the trip to the mall was really fun and I think your pictures look very passable. I love the necklace!
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Who says you can't enjoy both worlds! The relationship you have with your x and with your girlfriend says you can! And then throw in those lovely pictures, it must be paradise! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danni Renee View Post
    I love the necklace!
    Holy crap, I didn't even mention that. She gave me that last Saturday night. It was her first piece of Tiffany.
    —Mikaela

Mikaela,

What a wonderful experience you must have had. Good for you and congratulations. It sounds as though you have a great relationship with your ex, and your new interest.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

I am really happy for. Even so I do have a wonderful relationship with my X and she even helps me on many things. I could only wish for a gril friend like you have.
    Very nice pics Mikaela.

Fun, isn't it?

Warning -- mainstreaming can become addicting!

Aspiring Member
    Yeah, it was fun.
    Here's a couple more of me from my camera. One bad one full length so at least you can see casual Kae. And then a couple of me closer up and clear (for better or worse).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    —Mikaela

Definately passable. I love the necklace too!!!

Mikaela you look great smileling and good luck xxx

It's amazing how much more fem we look when smiling.

Aspiring Member
    We look even more femme in the dark.
    —Mikaela

Gold Member
    Sounds like a great time. And yes it can be addictive even if shopping isn't your thing. You look great and kudos to her for the wonderful support!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaela View Post
    I don't care/think I pass, my motto is to just be below the radar as much as I can, and I succeeded there.
    Amen. This is the way I look at it and I think it makes getting around that much easier. It gives you the right confidence level and puts you in the frame of mind that everything is okay and you can go ahead and enjoy yourself.

Congrats!

Aspiring Member
    I definitely want to do things to improve and maybe that will lend me more confidence as well.
    —Mikaela

So...what is a glow event? And yes, that is a pretty necklace.

Aspiring Member
    The glow thing is Illuminaughty
    https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121793347904597

I wore some of my stuff tonight at Shine. I can put up pics in a day or two when they get posted, or just post ones I took in my living room before I left.
    —Mikaela

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    Love you outfits girl! I've been out and about as well and I'm loving it! Goodluck on the new relationship.

Lovely story and photos, Mikaela. I'm very happy for you, Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    If you get stares, Mikaela, it would only be because you are so attractive.

You know now that you are out and about in daylight it gets addictive. I know, I for one was a night girl, now I get out as often as possible and it don't matter wether if its day or night, enjoy your new found freedom, its glourious.

Aspiring Member
    I'm having a blast, but I've only done the day time thing the once. It's still fairly scary and new. I see the value of shopping dressed for myself, but I really do hate to shop. Some things don't change with a wig and makeup.

Tonight we'll finish up our outfits for Saturday. Tomorrow I'm flying us to Santa Barbara for lunch and then making sushi (all drab, though) for dinner. Saturday is Illuminaughty and Sunday I need to recover and work on my moto
    —Mikaela

Looking great! Way to take a huge step forward

Those are some cool pics. Good luck with her, she sounds like she's fun and has a head on her shoulders. And, that's fun stuff Mikaela, going out in the day time.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Mikaela, you and Jill make a very cute couple! Just have fun. Does it really matter which 'mode' you're in when you're having said fun?

Kathi