Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what could happen

G.G. MEMPHIS,TN. donnasweetheart's Avatar

what could happen

What is the worse thing possible if you family found out that you cross dress?

What would be the best thing by them finding out?

the happy camper
    There would be a brouhaha with everyone calling everyone else, asking, "Have you heard what's up with _____? Then I'd have to talk to each one of them and explain what it's all about, and answer the usual questions.

"Are you gay???"

No.

"Do you want to become a woman????"

No.

"What does your wife think about it?"

She's fine.

"Are you sure you're not gay??"

YES.

"Because if you were it would be okay..."

I would have to have this same conversation with both of my parents, three of my four sisters (already had it with the oldest), ten of my eleven nieces and nephews (already had it with the oldest), and possibly with a few of my uncountable cousins. Even after I explained it all to them and got them to where they were mostly okay, there would be that bit of weirdness on occasion; and Mom would worry about me, and Dad would make the occasional comment about it to my sisters that I'm sure none of them would want to hear.

The best thing that would happen is that... well, nothing special would come of it, because I'm certainly not going to dress up around any of them. So life would just go on as before, except of that occasional bit of awkwardness.

Worst - My wife leaves me, takes the kids, outs me to everyone I know, She sues me for divorce and takes all my money and retirement. Loose my job... Loose the house. Have to move. End up dying homeless in a torn cute pink dress in an ally somewhere...

Best... The worst doesn't happen! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I could visit my mom with Alzheimers in the nursing home, and i am shre in her condition she would not react much, but, the staff there all know me, and in this little town, soon, everyone would know! My brothers in prison would ridicule me big. My sister, I am not sure about, but, she would likely respect me less, as she is religious. I am spiritual/religious, but dress anyway. My dad is 90, and he would be utterly disgusted, maybe die, when he found out. Few relatives i know, are still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by karren hutton View Post
    worst - my wife leaves me, takes the kids, outs me to everyone i know, she sues me for divorce and takes all my money and retirement. Loose my job... Loose the house. Have to move. End up dying homeless in a torn cute pink dress in an ally somewhere...

Best... The worst doesn't happen! Lol.
    that's completely insane! It did happen to me! They found out! Most of them have nothing to do with me! There loss! I'm happy!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My Family would just think I was a little bit weirder than they thought I was.
    That’s the blessing of having such a lovely, close, and loving family.

SUZY

Karrren has it about right on the worst that can happen and i suppose the best that could happen is that all would accept you for who you are but in reality you would be lucky to have some accept you .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

My brother would insult me about it every day, probably, and would assume I'm gay no matter how much I try to explain it (he doesn't approve of gays). That's about it, they love me too much to disown me or anything.

Basically what did happen. My wife left me and my family and friends wanted nothing to do with me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne f View Post
    Karrren has it about right on the worst that can happen and i suppose the best that could happen is that all would accept you for who you are but in reality you would be lucky to have some accept you .
    Actually it could be worse than I thought. Instead of dying in a cute pink dress you could die wearing women's jeans!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Limiting it to family per the OP, I do not really have a best case/worst case scenario. Instead, I am pretty confident about the outcome. My father would be tremendously disappointed, and would not ever understand. My mother would be perplexed by it all, and disapproving. My youngest sister would hold it against me, and see me as a some kind of a freak. She would not openly confront me about it, or be openly hostile about it directly to me, but she would never view me the same again. My other sister, the one that I have spent so much time with this year during her struggles, I really believe she would be accepting of me, and fine with it. I doubt she would be surprised, either. If I were so inclined, I could see us going on shopping trips together. But alas, as wonderful as she is, she has a HUGE blabbermouth! It would take no longer than a week before the cat was out of the bag, and all would know. My brothers-in-law would have an initial "wtf" moment, but probably not care thereafter, except to occassionally think I was odd (no biggie there). My mother-in-law is truly crazy (I say this lovingly), but I believe she would love it. She would insist on seeing me dressed. She, however, has a bigger mouth than my one sister. By the end of the hour, ALL would know. So there is no real benefit to telling them. It would not improve my life in any real meaningful way. My wife knows, and is completely accepting of me. And in the end, for me, it is my wife's acceptance of me that counts. As far as family is concerned, my wife's acceptance is all that I need!

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar

My mom's Biblical explanation of my bi-gendered nature.

I came out to my mother on my 40th birthday.

Her immediate response came from the BIBLE: Genesis 1:27
    [SIZE="4"]"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." [/SIZE] KJV

She was well aware of the many differing ways the Bible can be understood. But she had no trouble understanding that I, as a bi-gendered individual, was exactly the way God had created me - both male and female.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Actually it could be worse than I thought. Instead of dying in a cute pink dress you could die wearing women's jeans!!
    what about a nice pair of pink jeans , sort of soften the shock of dying in jeans a bit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

My family isn't the issue. It's friends, employer, etc. I'd survive, but it wouldn't be pleasant.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Widowed, wife knew. As far as my kids, they think I'm a bit off anyway but they do love me. So I guess they would prob accept it.
    Best thing, I could dress as I feel without having to hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail Evans View Post
    Basically what did happen. My wife left me and my family and friends wanted nothing to do with me.
    And that is what I fear would happen to me. I don't see a best case.

Mother would be cool about it, Brother wouldn't know what to think because I always got more girls than him, Father would disown me for the Millionth time.
    Sophia.

This is one of those issues that falls under the "Admit nothing, Deny everything" rule. But I will give it a hypothetical shot anyway..

Worst Thing:
    My mom knows some pretty influential people. After hearing the news she might in a fit of temporary emotional upheaval call one of them for support. After promising my mom to keep the news confidential they would do what most people do...tell everybody they know. One of these people would probably end up being Harold Camping ("Mr. rapture-head"). He might interpret this news as a "sign" of the escalating deterioration of morality and sanity in the world, and immediately revise his latest prediction date (currently Oct 21) to one week from the day he becomes aware of this CD news.

So, in short...I am keeping the world "safe" by not revealing my private life to the outside world. It is just one more facet of that Bush Admin plan of "keeping us safe". Don't thank me...just throw money...

Of course this is not likely to take place. But you did ask for my worst case scenario...and I have a big imagination

Best Thing?
    There are only two members of my family still alive. Both live over a thousand miles distance from my home. There is no logical reason that supports disclosing this part of my personal life to them (or anybody else). I am doing whatever I desire to do. I do not feel any restrictions on my behavior, nor do I experience any frustration or mental discord connected to my CD interests. If I felt there was something positive to be gained by disclosing this aspect of my life to anyone, I would have already done it. If I discover some positive outcome of making my interests "public" in the future, rest assured I will make it a reality. I'm not a big fan of "wishes". I turn good ideas into goals and mentally delete the rest.

life is short.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My family is cool with any lifestyle I choose to live

Worst scenario:
    All my family and acquaitances will be supportive and accepting my new lifestyle and life will continue its course.

Best scenario:
    No one will ever want to speak with me. This is a good reason to come out. I would even tell them that I'm gay or that I want to change my gender just to ensure their denial of me.

Being still a young mature men, I really don't care what my family or other people think about me. I don't know how I'll think about this in ten years, but hopefully the same.

Gold Member
    Worse case - The world implodes

Best case - Everything is like it is now but with them knowing.

Pretty easy definitions.

Hot Blooded Space People
    What my family might think is all over the place...whatever they might think or do, I'm sure it wouldn't be pretty.

ALTHOUGH...if they found out and it went well, that would mean no more hiding!

The worst thing that would happen if my family found out, they would probably talk and giggle behind my back. The best thing that would happen would be I wouldn't have to worry about them catching me or finding out before I was ready to tell them.

Well, mom and dad both passed so it's big sister. She probably already has an idea being it was her clothes that I wore when we both lived at home. Screw the job! Lawsuit!!!! Friends, we'd see who were genuine. All that matters is my spouse and she already knows. Guess its kind of a push here. I'm sure the questions that Sophie posed would be asked and answered. My biggest worry would be how her friends would relate to her after they found out.

The worst would be to be ostracized.
    The best would be acceptance and tolerance.

I don't expect the latter on my spouse's side, but I think I would find that from my side.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !