Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any one else do this, or........

I think that I do what GGs do. They don't dress to the nines except on special occasions and I don't either. Comfy is nice around the house, but that doesn't preclude the comfy clothes being pretty!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

For me at home on the average it is bra, panties, shorts or skirt and a blouse with a touch of lip stick and ear rings as I have pierce ears. If feel energetic than I will go for the wig, make up and nail polish. When my SO is home than I usually all ways wear a bra and panties under them awful male clothes.

I am not able to dress very often, and then usually for no more than a couple of hours. Very occasionally I have longer and, if I know I'll be on my own and undisturbed by anyone, I'll sometimes try to experience what a woman might do. I'll put on my bra, panties, possibly a slip and dress or skirt and do a few chores. I might even put on some tights or stockings and suspender belt - all quite relaxed and comfortable. After a while, though, I do what a woman might need to do if going out...so put on some sheer tights with a panty girdle or stockings and a firm open girdle - maybe even have to change into a long-line bra if the dress demands it - then a smarter skirt or dress and some heels. Somehow, doing that gives me a real sense of the different experiences of dressing in women's clothes. I wouldn't describe the "going out" outfit as uncomfortable but I realise that if I really could go out and spend the rest of the day or evening in the more formal clothes I might ultimately be glad to come home and change back into something casual. Unfortunately, after an hour or two - and not going out - it's just back into male attire.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    In my OP, I neglected to say that I retired about 1 year ago and now have much more time to dress, particulary since I presently live alone.
    Howver, I just now mostly go for comfort.

I think the more I dress, as in years I've been doing it, I reached a stage where I want to be comfortable. In the mornings I'll lounge in whatever I slept in. Sometimes there is a wig and left over make up sometimes not. When we're just hanging out at the house I'm most comfortable in jeans and a top, light make up and the girls are always there. I totally love that part! My biggest bitch is that i have to wear 2 different forms to get thru the day! Sleeping in other then my PALs is asking for trouble. I still love dressing to the nines but only sometimes. It may be that when I couldn't dress when ever I wanted if the opportunity was there I went for it. Now that I have the freedom to dress whenever I want I dress how I want.

That's kind of how I am at home, clothes but no make up. I'll do the the make-up once or twice a week when I have the time and energy. Been growing out my hair for the last six months and it is shoulder length and still pretty full and healthy, so I never bothered with wigs. My hair was a lot longer 10 years ago. Haven't been out of the house en-femme in six years and I'm looking to get into it....or out of it as the case may be. I need to hook up with some CDs in my area whom I'm compatible with for a girls night out or a day shopping. I bought another black dress today. I was in drab male mode and buying some clothes for work and I passed through the womens' section and saw a nice black dress for not too much so I threw it in the cart. I don't think the cashier even noticed, she just put all my stuff in a stack and scanned all the tags and put it all in a bag.
    Sophia.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    at home, yoga pants and a loose top. very relaxed but still femme clothing.

If I am staying at home I just can't go through all the work of make-up to the nines. I will just wear panties and a comfortable skirt or slip. I still feel femme and it feels good.

I like wearing nighties around the house or sometimes a frilly skirt but never bother with wig or makeup. I'm letting my own hair grow out which gives a more natural femme appearance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I wouldn't say I dress up to the nines.I like to still make the effort at home,I always wear my wig and at the very least foundation,basically also I dont like the kids seeing me half n half.wont wear evening dress and stilletos while chilling out obviously lol but still like to wear skirt and top etc when relaxing at home

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by ~*AnnMarie*~ View Post
    I love dressing casually but it's always as femme as possible ie. pink sweats/flipflops. I dress to the nines only on the weekend.
    Yeah i agree with AnneMarie. When im at the house i usually dress casually with minimal, if any, makeup etc. but at the same time my attire is as femme as possible
    [SIZE="3"]"The Girl with no name now has a name,... Farrah Rose " [/SIZE]

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I certainly don't need to go "all up" to feel good or "girly." When I was still living by myself before my fiancee moved in, I would get home from work, shed my clothes, and put on just a pair of panties and a comfy, casual dress. If I needed something on my feet I'd just add a pair of Isotoner slippers (the satin ballet-slipper kind). I didn't do the full-dress routine with pantyhose, shoes, jewelry, makeup, etc., unless I really wanted to.

On weekends I might just stay in my nightgown as long as I could manage, maybe wearing my purple velvet robe over it.

(sighs) I miss those days...

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Hey Barb, I'm with you. I presently am wearing leggings, a t-shirt, flats and no makeup. Comfort and practicality have become a lot more important to me as I have aged.

About 50/50, half the time I will dress all the way, the rest, Capri's or skirt, and cute tee, no wig or make up. some days just being comfortable, and working around the house, why bother?
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.