Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transvestic Fetishism - do i belong here?

Funny, usually the sexual gratification does not come up on the forum. I guess it's still taboo. Anyway, now that we're discussing it: it is definitely a factor for me, too. But not the only one! Don't think that your feelings are wrong, just because you do not understand them. Enjoy them, and learn from them! The fact that your sexual feelings are the most urgent, and the most easily adressed, does not necessarily mean they run the deepest.

And even if they did, that's cool too.

Look up, the title above the page says crossdressers.com. not hetero dressers, gay dressers, or fetishist dressers, it just says crossdressers, so yes you belong here, and you are one of us. Besides if you keep looking, you find you are not the only one here that feels that way about their dressing. Welcome to the club!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Amanda,
    I agree with all the girls, you belong here. I started a lot farther back (not understanding) what this thing (still a long way to go)was all about but this journy is a long road and the girls give wonderful help along the way.

Alicce

I find it huge turn on to be dressed, but that's not the end all be all of it, maybe the supposedly taboo is the turn on, who knows?

Same boat over here. Definitely pure sexual gratification for me as well.

You fit in here just fine. It does not matter to me why a person crossdresses, or to what extent they take their dressing. I am happy you are here and I wish you nothing but the best on your journey!
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaJ View Post
    ... Its strange that I wouldn't consider ever living as a woman or transitioning, but I find pleasure in fantasizing about the same things. I don't identify as or feel like I'm trapped in the wrong body.
    Welcome to the club Amanda - there's all types here.

Don't worry about it just being a fetish, it was for me, for many years. Life would be so much simpler now, if it still was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]To be a Rock and not to Roll[/SIZE]

I get seriously aroused when I dress! Its a part of it for a lot of us and a big part for me. I can't stand when sexual arousal is referred as cheap, selfish or insignificant. As long as its harmless to yourself or others, there are no reasons why a person can't find joy in doing something they love. For me I also get a tremendous non-sexual feeling I can't quite explain when I dress or fantasize about being a woman.
    Last edited by ricci; 07-05-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue101 View Post
    Amanda

First of all crossdressing for sexual pleasure is not actually a fetish. That is just the term used to place our behavior into a convenient box that approximates what happens. Crossdressing is not a fixation on a particular item of clothing rather it is a sexual fantasy exploring gender roles - specifically the female sexual gender role in which you occupy both the male and female roles simultaneously.

As for being turned off after gratification this is a normal reaction in males and is part of the orgasm cycle called the refratory period. In order to preserve sperm the male brain switches off the stimulus that is responsible for the arousal and returns blood pressure and heart beats back to normal levels.. In crossdresers that means immediately after orgasm you are left wearing clothes that no longer create sexual arousal. You may feel silly even dirty as your conditioned guilt kicks in and you want to immediately remove all the clothes. However if you force yourself to keep the clothes on then after X minutes those negative feelings will subside.

The majority of crosdressers use/have used their behavior for sexual pleasure so be reassured you are very typical.
    Sue,
    I think this explains our feelings very well after sexual gratification.... we lose the interest. it is very normal.
    But the interest in female clothes returns... this has been my very experience, and it is typical.......
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Juno, your reply to my previous post does not meet the medical standards that were established a long time ago. According to those standards, a Transvestite is one who wears the clothing of the opposite sex for the purpose of having sex. That would carry forth into being a Transvestic Fetisher, unless I am greatly mistaken! Maybe I am, at my age I certainly could be!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If u studied the members here statistically, Amanda, I believe this is what you'd find:

Thousands of members around the globe. Of which the number that DO NOT NOW, nor EVER HAVE, become aroused by their dressing, is QUITE SMALL!

Oh my gosh! I JUST REALIZED, I finally belong to a MAJORITY GROUP! (And, so do U!)
    Wahoo! This may be a FIRST for me?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Docrobbysherry wrote:
    Thousands of members around the globe. Of which the number that DO NOT NOW, nor EVER HAVE, become aroused by their dressing, is QUITE SMALL!
    That's probably true. your mind takes in and records information, and it finds the most extreme example for the record, and it is probably quite exhilarating. Example: 7 inch high heel stiletto pumps.........not exactly a pair of oxfords, or sneakers. When i was a teen, that may have been the case. Crossing into the forbidden zone: i.e., crossdressing made it seem more risqué and exciting.

I'm bored of mens fashion, been that way since age 8, and I'm tired of the socially fascistic attitude of gender expression within the status quo. Women's clothing, feminine fashion has an entirely different language than men's clothing & fashion. Women engage in all sorts of things on their own without the need to impress men, many of them all at once: grow hair long, get highlights or coloring, shave legs, wear high heels, get pierced ears, wear all sorts of accessories, wear dresses & skirts, etc........where's mine?! I want to participate too! I don't want sexual gratification.
    I like what I like. Period. End of story. Guys fashion is too unintersting to me.

monkey knife fighter anda_mouse's Avatar
    amanda you prettu much read my mind here. i feel and do the same things you feel and do. and trying to figure it out. i think here we can.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Amanda, I think I know where you're coming from. With me it kind of depends on, not just being dressed, but what I'm wearing. I can get really turned on wearing a silky nightie, but, when just wearing a regular dress, I don't tend to feel "sexual" at all...just calm, happy, and satisfied. (It can make me feel like dancing, but that's something else again! ) So that makes me, what, half-fetishistic? Does CDing work like Starbucks?

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Stephanie. Your recollection of the medical position: "According to those standards, a Transvestite is one who wears the clothing of the opposite sex for the purpose of having sex." may, or may not, have been accurate at one time. But, I think the more recent, and accurate, definition is that transvestic fetishists are the ones who wear the clothing of the opposite sex for the purpose of sexual arousal.

In your defense, in the early years there were a lot of supposedly "medical" professionals who wrote about things they knew very little about. This, of course, is one of the reasons there is so much confusion and misinformation about crossdressing today.
    Last edited by VtVicky; 07-05-2011 at 11:08 PM. Reason: clarity

Banned Read only
    Amanda,

I used to feel the same as you and years ago I would only dress for sexual gratification. But over the years that has changed and these days I don't dress that often because of sexual urges.

But some times I just can't wait to put on some sexy lingerie which makes me feel very sexy and of course turns me on. Then its solely for sexual gratification

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Juno, your reply to my previous post does not meet the medical standards that were established a long time ago.
    Yeah, Juno. Medical standards established long ago, like blood letting.

So far, for me, it's all about the erotic. I don't care about passing so much (I mean, I don't intend any time soon to go out to some bar or a store en femme... maybe later once I'm more comfortable), but maybe that comes with experience and acceptance?