Thread: Just don't care anymore

Just don't care anymore

Yesterday i needed to go in the yard to water the garden and some plants. I was dressed in a nice long summer dress with small straps makeup done and hair somewhat. I open the sliding door and heard the guy next door bbq so then i closed the door.

Then i was like i don't care so i went out if he seen me i don't care.Don't care if he seen me or not but i should'nt have to hide in my house this is who i am and my wife supports me 100% .

It took a long time for me to reach that decision! But When I did I enjoy life so much better! I'm not ashame of who I am! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I have this quote by a great doctor. This person really did a lot to form who I am today that said something I will always remember....

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss"

You go girl!

Aspiring Member
    Yea! for you stephanie. It depends on my mental frame at the time to say "I don't care who sees me". But I have them more and more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    I have this quote by a great doctor. This person really ,did a lot to form who I am today that said something I will always remember....
    s
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss"

You go girl!
    What a great quote! We should all take this to heart,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I have to say that I applaud your courage. We have lived in the same house now for 20 years and had 3 gay male couples on one side of us, and a gay man that has had 4 male SOs on the other side of us, so me stepping into the yard in a dress is only an issue for my wife.

I keep wondering if there is some kind of magnet around our house... ;-P

I moved into this apartment complex shortly after my divorce. With a 6 foot sliding glass door in my living room. IT didn't take long for a lot of people to see me dressed up. Within 3 months of being here, I was going down to the basement once a week to do laundry. There are 9 apartments in my building alone and i think 8 of the occupants have seen me and have excepted me for who I am and compliment me and enjoy seeing my different outfits. The lady across the hall has even given some clothes to me that she no longer wears

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by satin n lace View Post
    Yesterday i needed to go in the yard to water the garden and some plants. I was dressed in a nice long summer dress with small straps makeup done and hair somewhat. I open the sliding door and heard the guy next door bbq so then i closed the door.

Then i was like i don't care so i went out if he seen me i don't care.Don't care if he seen me or not but i should'nt have to hide in my house this is who i am and my wife supports me 100% .
    Way to go, Satin!! You are right, you are you and should not have to hide at all. I have felt that way for a long time and did have a supportive wife also. She has passed on, but I still go out dressed the way that I feel comfortable. Most of the time that is enfemme!! We, crossdressers, are people just like all the others and have all the rights that they do. One of those rights is to dress the way we like to!! Of course that means that we are decently covered!! Be your self and enjoy life!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

That's the way to be. I wish we all could muster such courage. I've said it a millon times, the more common place we make ourselves the more common place we become!

What are your expectations of your neighbors? As long as they aren't doing something that hurts you you don't have any, do you?

The same applies to them.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Cute and Southern Fried KerryLynn's Avatar
    Next step is Bikinis to the beach!!! Such a great day *sigh* lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Evil Monkey..... ooops wrong panties

Cool!

The only person I worry about in my neighborhood is my wife.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by KerryLynn View Post
    We'll be in Saint George Island Florida at the end of Aug i don't think i could be on the beach in a bikini the in-laws would be there oh well hope you could go to the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by SamaraS View Post
    I have to say that I applaud your courage. We have lived in the same house now for 20 years and had 3 gay male couples on one side of us, and a gay man that has had 4 male SOs on the other side of us, so me stepping into the yard in a dress is only an issue for my wife.

I keep wondering if there is some kind of magnet around our house... ;-P
    I haven't got enough courage yet to go out in public yet but my wife and i are ready to go to San Fran soon i think thats a good place to start our town here can be quit small for going out en femm.
    Last edited by az_azeel; 07-09-2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: merged two consecutive posts..please use your edit button

I quit caring also and just told everyone and everyone was great about it. My neighbor is a hair dresser and she is OK with helping me with wigs and styling. Another is a Navy Seal and he is awesome about it. I showed them my closet and I run around in pink flipflops cutting the yard with my anklet in plain site and painted toes.

You just get to a point in your life that you just give up worrying about others opinions.
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

One small step towards self acceptance. One big step towards being who you are!!! You rock, satin!!!! Stay as much in the light as you feel comfortable doing but be mindful that although your wife supports you 100% she has the right to change her mind. So don't over step any set boundries.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I have this quote by a great doctor. This person really did a lot to form who I am today that said something I will always remember....

You go girl!
    Dang, I didn't know that was Dr Seuss..
    But then the version I heard was " No matter, no mind. No mind, no matter!" which is i guess a zen twist on it...

I am starting to wonder though, Dr Seuss, AA Milne.. Childrens authors seem to have more good advice than all selfhelp books lumped into one..
    I..

My Yin is meeting my Yang..
    When people can only see the circle,
    Then I will be complete!

A thousand miles begins with the first step.
    Cue the music: [SIZE="6"]I AM WHAT I AM[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

So happy for you! I love reading threads like this...

Quote Originally Posted by KerryLynn View Post
    My body is designed much better for a panty girdle, than a bikini
    People who live in glass houses should pull the shades down!!

Love the quote, it has been rolling in my mind since I read it this morning!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Good for u, Satin, and Christi!

Here's MY quote regarding neighbors: "What's the worst that could happen?"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My neighbors all know I crossdress and have never said a ord about it.They are really cool.

Platinum Member
    Hi S n L, It's what you do and it's who you are if the neighbors don't like it that's there problem.

Orchid

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    With our wifes support,we can do anything

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson