Thread: Patent leather shoe care

ediestcyr2

Patent leather shoe care

Ladies, I need some help with a shoe care matter. What is the right/best way to care for patent leather shoes? Are there special shoe polishes for patent leather or is any special treatment required? I have a nice pair of red pumps with sentimental value (first pair I was ever fitted for in a TV boutique) that could use some TLC. Any comments? Thanks in advance! Kisses, Edie

I was always told to clean them with cigarettee lighter fluid. Just be sure to do so in a well ventelated space with no open flame.

From elsewhere...

For a simple buffing, use a baby wipe to really bring out the shine and condition the shoe as well. If baby wipes aren't handy, take a dab of petroleum jelly and buff the shoe well with a soft cotton towel.