Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do we impress?

Who do we impress?

It's been said that women dress to impress other women or to compete for the men. Who do we dress for? Do we over dress? Since I've begun my new adventure (to become a complete women) I find myself wanting to look better every-time my wife sees me as Diana...any evolution if you will. Soon, with her by-my-side we will go out together. Who will I being impressing then? In the grand scheme of things...if I impress her that's all that counts. If you are one who's been in the closet as I have...I've looked in the mirror and thought "damn you look good," So girls...who do you dress for? Remember...we are who we are. Diana

Since I'm totally driven to crossdress. I do it because I have to. Not becauise I want to.... And I don't dress to impress anyone.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I just want to have the same fashion sense as women. It's a challenge,and it's fun to do think and shop the way women do. I strive for being as mentally female as possible. I dress in the demographic of a female in my work position and age.
    Girls have it good......I want to play too!
    When it's a fun affair, like a cocktail event or a holiday, I pick out what's going to get me the best compliments.

Gold Member
    Well, once I walk into a room with my family in it, I would rather impress them then depress them. But if I don't impress anyone, it doesn't bother me as that isn't a goal. But if I do, I do have to say it is a good feeling. I think we all have some level of vanity.

If I dress to impress anyone, it is myself, and exclusively myself. I have no dressing agenda other than that of dressing for my own personal satisfaction and joy. Any compliments I receive from my wife are most definitely appreciated and accepted, but unnecessary. Of course, any time she compliments me, I eat it up, but I digress . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by dianacd22 View Post
    Soon, with her by-my-side we will go out together. Who will I being impressing then? In the grand scheme of things...if I impress her that's all that counts.
    Why do you need to impress anyone at all? Just enjoy who and what you are! And if your wife is as understanding as you seem to portray her to be - more power to you, and treasure her truly! You need not impress others, but instead revel in the acceptance provided by your wife, and the joy of your marriage!

It all comes down to primal instinct my dear. Both sexes of any species has always done what it can to bring awareness to the other in hopes of fullfilling that needed procreating urge. Women have just found it a little more upscale in this day and age, and easier, to stop by a mall to look better rather than adding more bones and shells to their hair to draw the attention to the Fred Flinstones of the world.
    I try and look my best for me. That way my confidence level is higher and therefore I convey a better attitude about myself to others ( I hope), which makes them more comfortable to be around me. Not to be around me for any other reason than socialization as far as I'm concerned mind you.

I dress for myself! Not out to impress no one
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

joanna4 doesn't dress to impress...

Personally I do it for myself.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I dress for myself and I always try to look the part of wherever im going. And since I go out with the Mrs. I always seek for approval as to not outshine her.

Well, being a bit of a perfectionist, I always try to look my best and be as "passable" as possible when I go out en femme. So from that perspective, I want to at least meet (if not exceed) the bar that I have set for myself in terms of how I present.

But to answer the question more directly, it is the other women out there whose paths I cross (no pun intended ) - or else the SA's, cashiers, wait staff etc. whom I also interact with directly - whom I want to impress. And not "impress" in the sense of trying to compete with them, but more in the sense of looking so good and so well put-together that even if (when?) I am read, they have no choice but to acknowledge me as an accomplished "wannabee" and honorary woman. That would be the direct opposite of being an object of derision or being subjected to the type of scorn an over-the-top drag queen or the proverbial "tranny" might otherwise attract out in public.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    The most glorious thing about being a closet dresser is:

NEVER EVER considering ANYONE else's opinion when dressing!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Red face

Thank you Violet<3

I choose to wear dressy clothes because I want to look and feel like the girls my age who gets to wear those types of clothes out.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Silver Member
    As someone who dresses primarily for my own pleasure, the person I want to impress more than anyone else is me. I also dress to attract men, but only one man, me.

Beyond that I don't dress to complete with anyone, but I hope that others see me as a classy, well-dressed lady.

I think you answered your own question. Agreeing with several others; Yes, we are hedonistic and vain, and apparently dress to impress ourselves. That's why YOU are trying to always improve, so that you will be more pleased with that image in The Mirror. So are virtually all of us, even if they can't admit it.

I'm amazed so many others have been so forthright. It's not often people can look at themselves, and discern anything like truth. CD is a very self-indulgent sort of thing, but that's The Way God made us.....go figure?

Peace and Love, Joanie

Platinum Member
    I dress form myself...whatever that means

For me, I dress to be stylish and blend in for a woman my age.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

I agree with both Karren and Renee. I dress because I'm driven to crossdress (it's in my DNA) at the same time I dress to be stylish and blend in with the other women my age where ever I am going. That being said a compliment from my wife or another female are always welcome!

I'm with Karren, Renee, and Jillian, I dress because I'm driven to dress, but being a closet dresser, thats only seen by the wife, who is indifferent to it all, I guess I dress for me.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I impress myself. Every time I dress I do my best to look good for the person I see in the mirror. If I please her then I am pleased and the rest be damned.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I impress myself. Every time I dress I do my best to look good for the person I see in the mirror. If I please her then I am pleased and the rest be damned.
    Exactly as I feel and sometimes it's pretty hard to please the girl in the mirror........Debra

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Same here as well, and I gotta look my absolute best to impress my male side.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

What about the girls here that post pictures of themselves? Are they not trying to impress others here?
    What! I here you say. Suzy is always posting pictures of herself.
    So let me be the first [and maybe the last] to admit I am trying to impress everybody.
    I am vain [Vain:- excessively proud of or concerned about one’s own appearance, qualities, achievements etc; conceited]

I may be a b***h but I am honest.

SUZY

P.S. Please don’t take Suzy to seriously. [But I am vain]
    Last edited by suzy1; 07-11-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Being vain to an extent is good though. It means you have that self confidence to go out there and strut your stuff. Personally I dress for myself but at the same time I don't want to go out and about looking like a hot mess! There's nothing wrong with being proud of your looks. There is something wrong though once you start thinking you're better than everybody else because of it.
    "Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth"

The mirror, my most ardent supporter and toughest critic. Generally, she's pleased, and that makes me happy.

I dress courtesy of myself; the support of my friends who know drive me to keep improving my look.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde