Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who do we impress?

I don't dress to impress others at all. I envy women their ability to wear pretty clothes and jewelery. I dress so that I may have that experience myself. I think that it is more a conformity thing than a competition thing.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I'm not out to impress others, males or females. I just want to be happy with myself.
    On the other hand I try to dress nice enough so that at least I don't embarass myself and if I get complemented I like it. Being that I don't always dress when out, when I do I do prefer dresses and skirts. That doesn't mean (sorry Karen) that I don't sometimes wear jeans, but usually only when I'm more androgenous than fully femme. If I dressed 24/7 then I would wear the whole gamut of clothes, capris, jeans and ladies slacks along with skirts and dresses.

Platinum Member
    I only have to impress myself that lady looking back at me in the mirror.

Orchid

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    The mirror, my most ardent supporter and toughest critic. Generally, she's pleased, and that makes me happy.
    I'm sure we can all agree the mirror is our best friend AND our worst critic.

Other than my self I do dress to impress anyone who might see me. Not specifically to seek out anyones attention but to make myself believable enough to anyone else as to not draw attention to the fact I am a CD.

I think having the ability to do that is quite impressive in itself, but I never try to compete with anyone for attention

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I do it to impress everyone, because many can't believe that a transgender could be this hot.

Quote Originally Posted by gender_blender View Post
    I do it to impress everyone, because many can't believe that a transgender could be this hot.

Now there’s a girl I can relate to.
    You seem to be a bit of a realist Charlie. Living in my world. [The real world?]
    Sorry but some of the answers here just don’t tie in with human nature. And we are all human.

SUZY

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I am happy when my friends compliment me of course.But I dress to impress my lovely wife above all,no-one elses opinion matters as much to me as hers

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I dress for myself and continuously impress myself. But also I go on cam so I guess my attention ***** part of me is there to impress anyone who cares to watch hehe
    Be Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Well, being a bit of a perfectionist, I always try to look my best and be as "passable" as possible when I go out en femme. So from that perspective, I want to at least meet (if not exceed) the bar that I have set for myself in terms of how I present.

But to answer the question more directly, it is the other women out there whose paths I cross (no pun intended ) - or else the SA's, cashiers, wait staff etc. whom I also interact with directly - whom I want to impress. And not "impress" in the sense of trying to compete with them, but more in the sense of looking so good and so well put-together that even if (when?) I am read, they have no choice but to acknowledge me as an accomplished "wannabee" and honorary woman. That would be the direct opposite of being an object of derision or being subjected to the type of scorn an over-the-top drag queen or the proverbial "tranny" might otherwise attract out in public.
    I dress to impress anyone that happen to see me, i feel i have a certain feminine energy and beauty that the world should see, and acknowledge that am atleast or can be inpart or totally feminine. That i have a feminine part in me that i need to share, peoples comments assure me of their acknowledgement that my femme part exists.........does that make sense.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Interesting question!

In one sense I dress specifically NOT to impress, but to not be noticed! Maybe it's also impressive not to be noticed?

Tina also dresses to impress her girlfriend (my wife) only in the sense that she truly has transformed into her feminine side, and looks it, i.e. to have gotten by the "guy in a dress" stage.

Tina also enjoys impressing herself...omg I really did this!!

Former Member
    Like many others have said, I dress to impress the mirror.

I dress to impress myself. My female wardrobe is mostly every-day type of stuff that makes me look like an ordinary woman. I seldom wear makeup other than lipstick. All I want is to be able to look in the mirror and say "That's a woman. " For me, that's enough.

CK